Is FF gone as a party?

Started by macker15, April 10, 2021, 10:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 11, 2021, 11:20:33 AM
Tubberman is spot on.
The North has little to do with how most in the 26 Vote.
The 14% new voters SF gained between May 19 and Feb 20 were mainly a dissatisfied 2 fingers to the establishment younger cohort.

FF are still the Builders party going by the Housing Minister's proposed new Legislation.
They may survive as the kingmakers in Coalitions if they can maintain 15 to 20 seats.

Spoken like a true closet FF voter. This is the rare breed I'm telling you about. I dare say Lar is one too. They'll publicly agree on all their ills but when they get into the voting station they'll heat their daddy and grand daddy's whispering to them to tick FF.

The younger generation dont give a shit about this tradition but the FF boys can not bring themselves to face reality and so they talk about losing votes due to protest.

dublin7

Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2021, 05:12:18 PM
Tubberman is spot on.
The 14% new voters SF gained between May 19 and Feb 20 were mainly a dissatisfied 2 fingers to the establishment younger cohort.

FF are still the Builders party going by the Housing Minister's proposed new Legislation.
They may survive as the kingmakers in Coalitions if they can maintain 15 to 20 seats.

Spoken like a true closet FF voter. This is the rare breed I'm telling you about. I dare say Lar is one too. They'll publicly agree on all their ills but when they get into the voting station they'll heat their daddy and grand daddy's whispering to them to tick FF.

The younger generation dont give a shit about this tradition but the FF boys can not bring themselves to face reality and so they talk about losing votes due to protest.

He's right that what happens in the north doesn't effect elections in the south and the increase in the SF vote is a protest vote. The Labour Party know all about that in the south.

When SF get into government they'll have to follow up on their promises and if they don't their vote will disappear just as quickly as it arrived

Itchy

Quote from: dublin7 on April 11, 2021, 05:18:50 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2021, 05:12:18 PM
Tubberman is spot on.

He's right that what happens in the north doesn't effect elections in the south and the increase in the SF vote is a protest vote. The Labour Party know all about that in the south.

When SF get into government they'll have to follow up on their promises and if they don't their vote will disappear just as quickly as it arrived

I didnt mean to bold the part about the North, it was the 2nd sentence

Rossfan

Careful Dub or you'll have SFitchy telling you how you act in the polling booth.
I thought that was all secret.
Highly unlikely that 200,000 or whatever voters became convinced Shinbers in the 9 months after May 2019.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

I voted sinn fein in last number of elections, not ashamed to say it either to anyone who asks. However I find it odd a fella who talks shite day after day  on an Internet forum under a pseudonym would be too shy to admit who they voted for

seafoid

Politics in Ireland now is a game of musical chairs.

Whoever is in power when the next crash happens will be destroyed at the following election. Voters like the perception of competence and crashes destroy this.

https://youtu.be/dPUhxJHo_Bs

If FF are that party next time they are fucked but if they are not they will own the future.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2021, 05:34:03 PM
I voted sinn fein in last number of elections, not ashamed to say it either to anyone who asks. However I find it odd a fella who talks shite day after day  on an Internet forum under a pseudonym would be too shy to admit who they voted for
Last GE I voted Independent 1 and 2.
I left FF, FG and SF blank.
Happy now?

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on April 11, 2021, 05:29:07 PM
Careful Dub or you'll have SFitchy telling you how you act in the polling booth.
I thought that was all secret.
Highly unlikely that 200,000 or whatever voters became convinced Shinbers in the 9 months after May 2019.

It was pointed out previously that one of their candidates topped the poll having never been elected previously and spending the last week of the election campaign out of the country on holidays.

They'll more than likely be the biggest party in the south after the next election and they'll have to go into government then. Then we'll see how popular they are  when they have to make tough decisions

I voted independent no 1 the last couple of elections

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on April 11, 2021, 05:41:06 PM
Politics in Ireland now is a game of musical chairs.

Whoever is in power when the next crash happens will be destroyed at the following election. Voters like the perception of competence and crashes destroy this.

https://youtu.be/dPUhxJHo_Bs

If FF are that party next time they are fucked but if they are not they will own the future.

You are basically calling voters Stupid. I dont accept that given FF ran the country for decades under all sorts of appalling events. Give voters a bit more credit than that.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 11, 2021, 05:44:12 PM
Happy now?

Tell us who the independents were, we can then apply some scrutiny to them.

Tubberman

Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2021, 05:47:13 PM
Happy now?

You have some neck on you!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Itchy

Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2021, 05:52:26 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2021, 05:47:13 PM
Happy now?

You have some neck on you!

Why so? I assume Rossfan is not his real name. Rossfan throws a lot of criticism around about SF, so I don't see the harm in him telling us who these 2 independents were. If he's to embarrassed to do that fair enough, I cant force him.

Rossfan

Look up the list of TDs and you'll see.
If they are embarrassing fair enough but bejases you should have seen the rest of the candidates!

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 11, 2021, 06:39:18 PM
Look up the list of TDs and you'll see.
If they are embarrassing fair enough but bejases you should have seen the rest of the candidates!

Why can't you tell us, do you forget?

Is one off of them a disgraced former minister and former FG man by any chance? People in glass houses and all that.

mouview

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 11, 2021, 04:57:40 PM

You justr cannot be serious! The sight of little Aaron, a five year old, having to eat his dinner off a pavement in Dublin cost FG thousands of votes.  There wasn't a shred of concern for the homeless and FG had a totally ineffectual mimistert, Eoghan Murphy, who was losing hands down to the Sinn Fein spokesman on houising.
I mean alll this happened in the very recent past  and there's any amount of links you can reference.
The aspersions you cast on the homeless are without foundation- if you google a few reports in any half decent   newspaper, you won't have to trawl far to get the truth.
FG did not cause the homeless situation in the fierst place. There had been a lack of social housing for years before they took over but, by God, they made a bad situation much worse.
And another thing, the oul' platitude that FG was always ready to do their public duty and were ever ready to step in and restore the country's finances after a spell of FF mismanagement at the helm doesn't stand up to scrutiny because every time they succeeded FF in government they got dumped on their arses next time around!
Enda was the first FG taoiseach to win a second time in ofice.

And why does Aaron have to eat his dinner off the footpath in the first place? What were Mammy (and Daddy if he was lucky) doing about it? What were SF going to do about it, with their money-tree economics? Who was minding the kids when those two hit off to Dubai for 'cosmetic surgery' last week? When it came to doing the time for it, they objected, saying there was no-one to mind them. Of course, provision has to be made for providing emergency accommodation and housing for genuine cases. How many times do you read of addicts having beds in hostels and preferring to sleeping rough instead. There simply has to be more of an onus on people in this nation to look out for themselves and not to be encouraged to look for the easy way out of social welfare and free housing constantly.