Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Over in 2! Hatton outclassed big time. Pac-man too fast and good for him!

whiskeysteve

Stayed up for nothin!  :-\

Pacquaio destroyed him, clean destroyed him. That K.O. was as clinical a shot as you will ever see in your life

Mayweather is the only show in town now for Pacman
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Tommy Tibbs

That was a brilliant knockout, some performance from Manny. In a completely different league to Ricky, just hope hes ok cos he was out cold!!  :(

Archie Mitchell

One of the best K.O's i've seen. Came from nowhere and knocked his lights out. Think this is Hatton's career over. You gave us great enjoyment over the years but came up against better men in Mayweather and Pacquiao and can't go any higher I'm afraid.

The Claw

Can't argue with Pacman's class. Himself and Mayweather will be the biggest fight of this generation if it happens

Archie Mitchell

Now that Mayweather is back, him and Pacquiao will be an unbelievable fight. Pacquaio is without a doubt best fighter I have seen and won't bother him moving up to 147lbs to take on Mayweather.

CiKe

Juan Manuel Marquez might argue about Manny being number one - you could make good argument for him winning both their fights. I think Floyd beats both of them however. Speed was key for Pacquiao last night, Hatton just couldn't get out of the way. Mayweather will be too big for JMM I think. If he does then fight Manny then you are talking about two guys with electric speed. I wouldn't read too much into their respective fights against Hatton and DLH, Mayweather got their first on both accounts, and whilst not as spectacular, gave boxing clinics. Assuming he hasn't lost anything in 18 months out of the ring (he may be slightly rusty but always kept in tip top shape), then I'd have him as favourite against Pacquiao - great bigger man against great smaller man - no other reason.

Mayweather vs Cotto is one to get the mouth watering as well. I think Floyd will be keen for this, as if he beats JMM and Pacquiao people will still say, "sure they were stepping up in wieght".

DaUmpire

Time for ricky to retire.Should have one last fight in front of a sell out crowd in manchester has a farewell but unfortunately he has proven twice that when put into the ring with the very best hes just not good enough.Nothing left for ricky to fight for. he has shown that he can be a world champ and knock boys out for fun in the light-welterweight division but outside that he just aint good enough to beat the very best.
Pacman -mayweather would be the dream fight now.think pacman has the speed and power to take mayweathers 0, providing that mayweather wins on july 18 against Marquez.

Quote from: CiKe on May 03, 2009, 10:50:55 AM
then I'd have him as favourite against Pacquiao - great bigger man against great smaller man - no other reason.
Id make Pacquiao favourite, hes in peak form and destroyed his last two opponents who wre both bigger than him.

CiKe

He destroyed them alright but DLH didn't present a moving target and Hatton has never been hard to hit. Mayweathers dancing shoes will prove trickier. I think Mayweather would be favourite but I wouldn't be putting any money on it

TacadoirArdMhacha

That was a long wait for 6 minutes of action this morning. Not a lot you can say really - Pacquaio was just far too good. 3 or 4 beautiful punches.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Square Ball

are there any highlights of the fight about?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

FL/MAYO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxfHWTETT_o

That was some punch, Packman and Mayweather will be a great one.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: DaUmpire on May 03, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
Time for ricky to retire.Should have one last fight in front of a sell out crowd in manchester has a farewell but unfortunately he has proven twice that when put into the ring with the very best hes just not good enough.Nothing left for ricky to fight for. he has shown that he can be a world champ and knock boys out for fun in the light-welterweight division but outside that he just aint good enough to beat the very best.
Pacman -mayweather would be the dream fight now.think pacman has the speed and power to take mayweathers 0, providing that mayweather wins on july 18 against Marquez.

Quote from: CiKe on May 03, 2009, 10:50:55 AM
then I'd have him as favourite against Pacquiao - great bigger man against great smaller man - no other reason.
Id make Pacquiao favourite, hes in peak form and destroyed his last two opponents who wre both bigger than him.

I would still fancy Mayweather providing he comes back in good shape which he probably will. Pacquiao is not particularly elusive. Even Hatton caught him a couple of times last night. Mayweather is just so fast and so slick that hitting him is like trying to drink soup with a fork. That said Pacman would still have a real chance.

DaUmpire

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 03, 2009, 02:53:47 PM
I would still fancy Mayweather providing he comes back in good shape which he probably will. Pacquiao is not particularly elusive. Even Hatton caught him a couple of times last night. Mayweather is just so fast and so slick that hitting him is like trying to drink soup with a fork. That said Pacman would still have a real chance.
It be interesting to see the speed of mayweather vs the speed of Pacquiao. On paper looking at their records you would say its a dream fight but the quick and counter attacking styles of both boxers mightn gel and the fight may become very tactical with both boxers waiting on the other to make the first move.

Id agree that Pacquiao isnt elusive but neither is mayweather, De la Hoya caught him on consistently with the Jab when they fought. i think last night Pacquiaos tactic was to show hatton a few openings, encouraging him to throw punch after punch and to revert back to his old raging bull style and then Pacquiao would just simply pick him off.

Rav67

I expected Hatton to be KO'd but shocked that it happened so early.  He should be disappointed with himself, he failed to learn from previous mistakes and I can't imagine Mayweather sr et al told him to go out and fight the way he did.

I hope PBF beats Marquez to make the Pacman-Mayweather fight happen.  Marquez is a great boxer too but I think the step-up in weight to fight PBF will be too much for him.  Pacquaio-Mayweather would be a mouthwatering prospect, easily the biggest fight in boxing in at least a decade.