Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TORGAEL

Fantastic win for rogan. great performance......not a lot of style but plenty of substance.

milltown row

corn02

Great, I thought the ref should have ended in in the 8th and I thought it would haunt him not having the finish, but Jesus did he land some smacks in the 11th. Excellent.

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on March 01, 2009, 12:37:23 AM
Still on a buzz from that. 'Twas a deadly fight. Pure slugfest. Class.

watching the repeat on SS1, what a fight, and fair play to the big fella. HS you must have  enjoyed that!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Our Nail Loney

Is it repeated today?

Square Ball

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 01, 2009, 12:47:30 PM
Is it repeated today?

sky sports xtra now, but I think his fight is on last
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tyroneboi

It was a hell of a fight last night. Thought it was slipping away from Martin in the 9th and 10th rounds but in the 11th he absolutely emptied the tank to win. He is a real likeable fella by the looks of it as well.

Carmen Stateside

If anyone can find a copy of Rogans fight online could they post a link.  Must have been a great fight going by what i have read!
Watched Marquez against Diaz last night which also was a great fight, Marquez winning with a ninth round knockout!

orangeman

Any word from Kenny Egan who failed to turn up for the Ireland v USA fight yesterday and who can't even be contacted.

It is suspected he's going to turn pro but strange to not even turn up or to grt in touch with someone.

ExiledGael

Most enjoyable fight I've watched maybe ever. Hope he doesn't rush towards a fight with Haye, probably in a different class but Rogie has the heart of a lion.
Thought the two of them were going to collapse with exhaustion in the tenth but when Rogie smelt blood in the eleventh he totally battered Skelton, pure adrenalin seen him come up with a ferocious barrage.

Hound

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 01, 2009, 05:00:04 PM
If anyone can find a copy of Rogans fight online could they post a link.  Must have been a great fight going by what i have read!
It was far from a "great fight", and would be much less so if you knew the final outcome while watching, so don't get your hopes up of seeing a classic.

It was entertaining, both men gave it all, and while we would probably all have thought Rogan was ahead, it was worrying hearing Jim Watt talking about Skelton nicking rounds, so the result was in doubt right up until the stoppage in the 11th.

I don't think Rogan should move up from this. Stay at the Commonwealth level, defend against the likes of Danny Williams, Michael Sprott, Sam Sexton, or even give Skelton or Harrison rematches.

whiskeysteve

Great Fight!!!

Anyone know of an internet link to it?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

nrico2006

Good win for Rogan - Skelton is as tough as they come and Chagaev couldn't stop him so that should give Rogan hope that maybe he can step up a level.  Obviously his age is a problem as he hasn't the time to sit around and defend the Commonwealth belt, but then again after only 12 pro fights should he make the jump.  It will be interesting.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Folks - what about tomorrow night and Khan v. Barrera. Surely Barrera will knock the head off him? Khan wouldn't be up to that level would he?

Galwaybhoy

Nearly brought the YouTube thread off topic talking about this.

I haven't been following boxing as closely lately as I normally would but as I said in the YouTube thread

"I'm surprised they made this fight for Khan. His trainer Freddie Roach really piled on the pressure on him then by saying that if he wins he has a huge future ahead of him but if he loses thats it for him."

and

"Yea Barrera might not be as good as he once was, but for Khan who is not long after a huge defeat, I feel its a very hard fight this early on for him.  Saying that I would not begrudge Khan a win at all, if he does win then fair play to him.  Hopfully it will be a good fight."

But my first feeling on this fight was the same as yours Seanie, a dangerous fight for Khan.