Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Lark

I've been very impressed with McCloskey. Think he has better future prospects than Duddy or Lee.

He does seem to be the boxing equivilent of Andy Reid though in that he doesn't have the normal muscle definition of a pro-boxer. He has all the natural talent but is he getting the proper training and coaching? Just wondering.

Davitt Man

Quote from: An Lark on April 01, 2008, 01:04:42 PM

He does seem to be the boxing equivilent of Andy Reid though in that he doesn't have the normal muscle definition of a pro-boxer. He has all the natural talent but is he getting the proper training and coaching? Just wondering.

I thought the very same myself, the mexican looked far leaner than McCloskey but then again the Mexican was taller. McCloskey looks like he is carrying a bit of weight on him.

the Deel Rover

any one going to the dunne fight in castlebar this weekend, looking forward to it as i have never been to live boxing before. I wonder will many jackeens cross the shannon to follow Dunne ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

The tickets were expensive 60 - 100 and 150

guy crouchback

i'm going and really looking forward to it. its a sell out i think and i am sure there will be a big crowd down from Dublin so should be a great atmosphere.

bridgegael

anyone going to watch the prize-fight night on sky sports tomorrow night, should be interestin, something different.  martin rogan is second favourite to win it all.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Fishbat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB0gD6O_Ak

Hopkins looks a bit panicky to me "would'nt let myself get beat by a white boy"

Would have been some yappin match if Calzaghe had said something similar.

Roll on Sunday morning

ludermor

Some results for the amateurs at the weekend, there should be a coiple of decent medal chances come the olympics. Best of luck to all of them (even sutherland, who has to be one of the most obnoxious sportsmen to come out of this country)

Davitt Man

Dunne Fight

I didnt think Dunne won every round saturday night, The 35yr old Machaudo gave Dunne a good run untill round 6 and then he ran out of steam but i thought he did enough to win a few of the earlier rounds. Still not convinced by Dunne and he doesnt have any power in his shots.

Rav67

Was surprised myself that Dunne was given every round, smacked of a bit of home-country judging bias.  Well done to all the Olympic boys and Martin Rogan, only saw his fight in the final of prizefighter what a slugfest that was!

I see Cotto won by TKO at the weekend, really hope Mayweather stops this f**king about with the WWF and and hinting at pointless rematches with DLH or Hatton, and takes a fight with Cotto instead, that would be some contest.

Mentalman

Couldn't believe Dunne was given every round either. Some of the fights covered recently by RTE were far more one sided, without similar score cards from Tidt. Can only think it was down to use of the head possiblly, went down badly with the ref? I was impressed with Muchado though, for a man of his age you could see the craft and class. Dunne looked rusty, but like I said Muchado was no pushover, better him than some bum for his first fight back. At least it gave him and his camp a good indiocator as to whether he really can make the grade.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Dinny Breen

Ludermore,

Quote(even sutherland, who has to be one of the most obnoxious sportsmen to come out of this country)

What did he say or do?

Feel sorry for Nevin who because of his traveller back-ground couldn't find a hotel to celebrate his qualification  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

ludermor

Dinny,
its his general behaviour, load and aggorant and his supporters the same, they would be cut from teh same cloth as Dunnes fans in the point. He brings an awful crowd to the stadium. There is usually good banter for the amateurs between all the fans. Nevin and Joyce would come from traveller background so fair achievement for them.

Dinny Breen

Quotethey would be cut from teh same cloth as Dunnes fans in the point.

Say no more....
#newbridgeornowhere

TacadoirArdMhacha

Agree that the scoring of the Dunne fight was bizarre. I thought Machaudo won a round or 2 and woulda shared another couple.

Bizarre ending to the first fight as well. Yes it was a low blow but don't think it hit Jesus on the "crown jewels" (Jimmy Magee your a legend!). Seemed like he didn't want to know to be honest. Reminded me a wee bit of that Irish title fight on Sky a couple of years ago (think it involved a lad called McDonagh) where one of fellas seemed to take a dive.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead