Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I heard he had 'I told you I was ill' on his headstone.

quit yo jibbajabba

An Astrail

Quote from: BennyCake on October 27, 2020, 10:12:47 PM
I heard he had 'I told you I was ill' on his headstone.

Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite

In the middle there somewhere - I think they wouldn't let him have it as béarla

imtommygunn

Lisburn council spend 535k - yes 535k on christmas tree lighting.

A motion to not spend that was rejected by lisburn city council last night.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2020, 09:55:05 AM

In fairness they have a festival of light each chrsitmas which is supposed to be pretty good and brings alot of people in.

Hound

Quote from: square_ball on October 26, 2020, 06:54:35 PM
Shooting in Kanturk, Cork - 3 dead. Dispute over land from reports on Twitter. WTF??
Irish Times seem pretty certain that this was a joint operation and well planned by the father and youngest son. Murdered the eldest son in his bed then joint suicide.
Absolutely horrific.

While there couldn't be anything on the same scale, I'm sure many on here are aware of land/will issues that caused mayhem within families.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on October 29, 2020, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 26, 2020, 06:54:35 PM
Shooting in Kanturk, Cork - 3 dead. Dispute over land from reports on Twitter. WTF??
Irish Times seem pretty certain that this was a joint operation and well planned by the father and youngest son. Murdered the eldest son in his bed then joint suicide.
Absolutely horrific.

While there couldn't be anything on the same scale, I'm sure many on here are aware of land/will issues that caused mayhem within families.

Like the film The Field!

I've seen many a break up in families over will's, and some of it not even over money! Rings and momento's but the rural fall outs are extreme.

My kids wont be fighting over my debt, that's for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Have been involved in a few of these cases over the years where families are ripped apart over fields and the like. One involved a client being arrested out of the office in a Friday afternoon after he refused to leave the office and assaulted 2 of us. Cops called and he tried to rip the gun off one of them and then on the way out threatened us with the Ra!  All over a right of way over a lane

lurganblue

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 28, 2020, 10:03:59 AM

In fairness they have a festival of light each chrsitmas which is supposed to be pretty good and brings alot of people in.

Yeah it's more than just Christmas tree lighting. The whole length of Bow Street has overhead lighting.  That then creates a sort of show, in time with the music.  It isn't bad, but that's a hefty cost.

BennyCake

What is the deal with right of ways? Is there an info page somewhere? We might need to know where we stand on a couple of issues.

RedHand88

Quote from: lurganblue on October 29, 2020, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 28, 2020, 10:03:59 AM

Yeah it's more than just Christmas tree lighting. The whole length of Bow Street has overhead lighting.  That then creates a sort of show, in time with the music.  It isn't bad, but that's a hefty cost.

They've spent money on worse things in fairness.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lisburntoday.co.uk/news/lasting-legacy-memory-udr-soldiers-unveiled-lisburn-2797329%3famp

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on October 29, 2020, 02:33:17 PM
What is the deal with right of ways? Is there an info page somewhere? We might need to know where we stand on a couple of issues.

No quick guide on it. There are so many variables. Case by case scenario really

grounded

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 29, 2020, 01:54:56 PM
Have been involved in a few of these cases over the years where families are ripped apart over fields and the like. One involved a client being arrested out of the office in a Friday afternoon after he refused to leave the office and assaulted 2 of us. Cops called and he tried to rip the gun off one of them and then on the way out threatened us with the Ra!  All over a right of way over a lane

There is something about land and inheritance that drives Irish people absolutely insane. Has destroyed families the length and breadth of the country.

gallsman

Quote from: grounded on October 29, 2020, 06:22:22 PM

There is something about land and inheritance that drives Irish people absolutely insane. Has destroyed families the length and breadth of the country.

Once the eldest son stopped getting the lot and we stopped send the rest to the army and the church, the only way was down.

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on October 29, 2020, 07:43:31 PM
Quote from: grounded on October 29, 2020, 06:22:22 PM

Once the eldest son stopped getting the lot and we stopped send the rest to the army and the church, the only way was down.

even the wimmin want their bit now
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B