Maiden1

Quote from: D4S on September 11, 2009, 02:01:33 PM
Quote from: No1 on September 11, 2009, 01:29:03 PM
QuoteTonight

11/8 Darragh Cross 6/1 Kilclief 4/6

:o

Where did ya get those odds?

Hughes Bookies Newry
Sure didnt kilcief beat attical the last round?

They are few places above darragh cross in league too.

Think Kilcoo are great bet at 11/10 but i suppose tradition dictates the odds slightly too, will be a good tight match I think Kilcoo will win with 3 to spare.

All 4 games could go either way.  Even Ardglass at 5/2 is not that bad a bet.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

6th sam

Quote from: guevara on September 11, 2009, 02:03:02 PM
Saturday Fixtures are unfair on the teams involved. Its ok if your a Country Club by any Club from a Town is going to have serious conflict with the Soccer.
Asking boys to choose is rediculous & shows the pig headedness of our association & County Board.
Saturday is a day Soccer is traditionally played lets leave it at that. Boys that have trained hard all year are put in a no win situation & teams who might be in need of points for either Promotion or Relegation games are weakened unfairly.
My own club would have a right few who would play both codes & fair play to them.
The organisation of League fixtures in this County is shambolic & needs seriously reviewed. Nobody knows when fixtures are coming or going & too often you hear about them being changed to Saturdays etc with not enough time to sort a team.An idea could be to allow teams out of the championship to arrange outstanding fixtures for midweek, Friday night or Sunday afternoon etc if both teams agree.

The fixtures secretary gives each club a fixture list at start of the year,and with a few notable exceptions,sticks to it.It has been well established that late august/sept/october games may have to be played on a Saturday because there isnt enough light for Friday evening fixtures,and there are likely to be other intercounty or club championship fixtures on Sundays e.g AI Hurling final on TV,Football final on TV,AI minor semis,SFC/IFC/JFC finals.
I am not anti-soccer, but given the mass of fixture clashes within GAA codes,you surely don't  expect GAA fixtures secretaries to  put our fixtures on hold  because of external sporting committments.Why should GAA clubs with minimal soccer involvement be expected to delay fixtures for  other teams with a high percentage of soccer players.
In our locality some youth soccer fixtures were changed to Sundays,which had a negative impact on our club,but there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.I wonder if rugby authorities consider soccer when fixing saturday fixtures?

Regarding a review of fixtures,this has been looked at many times but clubs,and county board appear reluctant to change.
I think our system isn't perfect,but given all the factors involved,Saturday fixtures in Autumn are inevitable.Clubs and players should accept this fact,and plan accordingly.

Dangerous Person

Loughinisland 1-4
Clonduff 0-3

Half-time

dundroma

sorry this is so late hopefully this is still counted
SFC
CLONDUFF v Loughinisland
Burren v KILCOO
IFC
DARRAGH CROSS v Kilclief
BALLYMARTIN v Ardglass
JFC
TECONNAUGHT v Dromara
GLENN v St Paul's

Dangerous Person

Quote from: dundroma on September 11, 2009, 09:18:56 PM
sorry this is so late hopefully this is still counted
SFC
CLONDUFF v Loughinisland
Burren v KILCOO
IFC
DARRAGH CROSS v Kilclief
BALLYMARTIN v Ardglass
JFC
TECONNAUGHT v Dromara
GLENN v St Paul's

Eyebrows will be raised! ;D

Maiden1

There are no proofs, only opinions.

Dangerous Person

Louighinisland 3-5
Clonduff 0-4

Ben O'Reilly got one of the goals.

Darragh Cross won by 5 Maiden1.

BRIDGE LAD

Dangerous Person

Loughinisland 3-6
Clonduff 1-7

Final Score

BRIDGE LAD

Holy Shit!! Never seen that coming. Loughisland abviously coming good. Big team too.

Dangerous Person

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on September 11, 2009, 10:08:59 PM
Holy Shit!! Never seen that coming. Loughisland abviously coming good. Big team too.

Apparentley Clonduff were diabolical. They will be kicking themselves, big chance to get to a final. Still think the final is this Sunday though.

Square Ball

neither did Clonduff
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tirnaog

Holy Shit!! Never seen that coming. Loughisland obviously coming good. Big team too.
Loughinisland are a team that have not been together right up until the championship for the last few years due to injury and player,s on county duty,but this year they have all their players and they will be hard to beat,they will push whoever they get in the  final all the way

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Dangerous Person on September 11, 2009, 09:31:04 PM
Louighinisland 3-5
Clonduff 0-4

Ben O'Reilly got one of the goals.

Darragh Cross won by 5 Maiden1.

Jesus Clonduff where terrible. The Loughinisland goal scorers where Mark Valentine, Ryan Stranny and Seamus OHare. Game reminded me off simi final last year where Burren didnt turn up against island and conceeded slack goals.

norabeag

Dont think Kilclief saw Darragh coming either ;)