All-Stars 2008

Started by Real1995, September 21, 2008, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Connacht left out once again for not having any daily papers or National Radio or TV Station(TG4 is part of RTE).
Why dont they just pick a 15 from the All Ireland Final plus Dublin. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

So who from Connacht would you have given one to?

Meehan could maybe be argued - not sure anyone else?

The GAA

Fair enough team i suppose - ryan at midfield is the only baffling one.

personally i'd have given ricey corner back before gormley who had a poor year by his own high standards

ross matt

Westmeath getting two and Wexford none is a disgrace. Donaghy is definitely not deserving of one. I dont know how anyone could begrudge Ryan one. He was outstanding this year for the Dubs. I dont think Meehan deserved one because most of his haul this year apart from that match was from frees. But if the league and entire championship was to be taken in to consideration then Joyce definitely deserved one at centre forward.

Rossfan

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2008, 08:56:34 PM

Joyce.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Forfeit Point

lyng, forde, darragh o'se & pierce o'neill have every right to be p!ssed off tonight! glad to see enda mcginley get one. dont think shane ryan shouldve got one, still happy for him though

under the bar

Ryan at midfield?  Wise up.  Nomination like that shame the awards.

Quotegormley who had a poor year by his own high standards

Agreed.  When you make an early shout for the team of the millennium there's only one way for you to go.

Buckass

Think that the 2 Westmeath selections are spot on and it was about time this nonsense of counties 'having to get one' ended. These are awards for individual performances and while I think Conor Gormley was lucky out, chat that Cork , Wexford and Galway were unlucky is shite. They are counties, its an individual awards ceremony.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ross matt on October 15, 2008, 10:09:18 PM
Westmeath getting two and Wexford none is a disgrace. Donaghy is definitely not deserving of one. I dont know how anyone could begrudge Ryan one. He was outstanding this year for the Dubs. I dont think Meehan deserved one because most of his haul this year apart from that match was from frees. But if the league and entire championship was to be taken in to consideration then Joyce definitely deserved one at centre forward.

Which of the half forward line would you have put Joyce in ahead of?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Carmen Stateside

Makes an absolute joke out of the whole thing when Ricey didnt get one!  ???
And why move Cavanagh to suit Donaghy?
Cavanagh was the best Full Forward this year bar none !
Ok maybe he was the best half forward aswell but he played most of his football at full ;)

Carmen Stateside

Oh as for Gormley ;D
Quote from: under the bar on October 15, 2008, 10:53:38 PM

Agreed.  When you make an early shout for the team of the millennium there's only one way for you to go.

Couldnt have put it better myself  :)

muppet

Keith Higgins saw off Tommy McGuigan (substituted) and Micheál Meehan.
MWWSI 2017

The GAA

Quote from: under the bar on October 15, 2008, 10:53:38 PM

jaysus, you're bad enough without embarrassing yourself with that sort of tripe

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: muppet on October 16, 2008, 01:03:02 AM

Keith Higgins saw off Tommy McGuigan (substituted) and Micheál Meehan.

I thought Meehan actually played very well in the Connacht final. He only got 0-1 from play but he won a whole pile of ball and laid much of it off to others for scores.

J70

Quote from: Buckass on October 15, 2008, 11:11:38 PM
Think that the 2 Westmeath selections are spot on and it was about time this nonsense of counties 'having to get one' ended. These are awards for individual performances and while I think Conor Gormley was lucky out, chat that Cork , Wexford and Galway were unlucky is shite. They are counties, its an individual awards ceremony.

Indeed. The idea that someone's team not reaching the latter stages is sufficient grounds for disqualification from consideration is pure bollocks. As it is, someone from the very unsuccessful counties has to almost be of Declan Browne standard to be seriously considered. Its nice to see that someone playing to a high standard for a side like Westmeath who didn't make it to the quarter finals can still win an All Star.