The Best Burger?

Started by JoG2, November 20, 2018, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2018, 09:47:42 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 22, 2018, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2018, 07:32:43 PM
Five Guys prices (UK). Guts of 15 quid for a cheeseburger, regular fries and a drink.

https://www.zomato.com/london/five-guys-covent-garden/menu

equivalent here - bacon cheeseburger, regular fries and drink would be $15 - or just under 9 quid.

A&W would be my go-to fast food burger place here - their Beyond Meat (plant based) burger is pretty good.
I'd be keen to try one of these substitute burgers. I remember listening to a radio programme a few years ago where someone was trying to simulate meat using plants with beetroot juice as the "bleed".

::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 22, 2018, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2018, 07:32:43 PM
Five Guys prices (UK). Guts of 15 quid for a cheeseburger, regular fries and a drink.

https://www.zomato.com/london/five-guys-covent-garden/menu

equivalent here - bacon cheeseburger, regular fries and drink would be $15 - or just under 9 quid.

A&W would be my go-to fast food burger place here - their Beyond Meat (plant based) burger is pretty good.

You not a Harveys man Gabe?

rosnarun

shout for Macaris Riva in Grange sligo yesterday . mind you I was hungry  but it taste  as good as any burger  have for  a long time .
I was in 4 guys one thought  it was a great burger . don't remember it being do expensive as Quoted here though and i'd more make up for it on the free refills
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rois

Quote from: rosnarun on November 23, 2018, 12:00:23 PM
shout for Macaris Riva in Grange sligo yesterday . mind you I was hungry  but it taste  as good as any burger  have for  a long time .
I was in 4 guys one thought  it was a great burger . don't remember it being do expensive as Quoted here though and i'd more make up for it on the free refills
The less guys, the cheaper.  Lower staff costs. 

lurganblue

Was driving out of Rushmere on Saturday evening there and as I passed Five Guys I thought of this forum. Not a sinner in the place as predicted on this thread. (Shopping Centre was packed too).

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lurganblue on January 14, 2019, 04:38:30 PM
Was driving out of Rushmere on Saturday evening there and as I passed Five Guys I thought of this forum. Not a sinner in the place as predicted on this thread. (Shopping Centre was packed too).
Was in Rushmere on Thursday afternoon and it was empty with McDonald's doing decent trade. It's a pity for the workers in there but the stuff is too dear for a burger in a shopping centre.

Don Johnson

And Nando's next door is flying as well which is bound to grate on them.

imtommygunn

On that note I don't get the fuss with nandos. Overpriced and mediocre.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 14, 2019, 08:19:03 PM
On that note I don't get the fuss with nandos. Overpriced and mediocre.

Over priced for sure, but the quality of the chicken burger is second to none! I'm talking quality of the chicken used in fairness.

Daughters 18th in December there, asked her where she wanted to go, pick anywhere! Nando's ffs! Only place she likes

I much prefer the battered chicken from the local chippy tbh..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Never have been a fan. Kfc must better in my book lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 14, 2019, 08:24:45 PM
Never have been a fan. Kfc must better in my book lol.

Boke!! KFC about 25 years ago.. been twice in years left saying same thing.. won't be back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Once every few years mind but nandos not for me.

Therealdonald

Was always hard to beat Paddy Donnelly's chippy in Coalisland. And if you didn't like burgers, he had a great John Wayne supper.

Franko

Speaking of rubbish food.  Frankie & Benny's has to be the worst chain of eateries about.  Don't understand the popularity.

imtommygunn