The Best Burger?

Started by JoG2, November 20, 2018, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on November 22, 2018, 01:49:35 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 21, 2018, 02:42:47 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on November 21, 2018, 12:13:29 PM
Five Guys are nice but the price for what it is, is ridiculous. Not worth it at all.

The one in Craigavon will be closed within 18 months, I guarantee it. The amount of people I have seen that have went once and then say never again at the prices. They will not get repeat custom.
Aye if people want a burger that badly they'll hit McDs across the road for less than half the price. I've been past it a few times and there have only been a few people in it.

I brought the kids into it last Friday night and it cost me £15 for 3 milk shakes...That's the end of that, ridiculous prices for a product that had that much sugar in it was shocking. No doubt it will close...

It is a rip odd but will it close? I know county people don't like spending money but the burger is not bad..

My daughter will go with friends and they order a chip and a drink between them and get a burger. Still over the odds but a Signature burger meal in McDee's is over 7 quid!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Chips in 5 Guys are delish as well. Done in peanut oil. The price is crazy but it is a cut above the most flavour wise. Nice for a once in a while treat, Brought the Mrs in once for a quick bite to eat and when she saw the reciept I had to stop her from trying to bring it back  ;D

gallsman

I don't get the hype about Five Guys chips. Eat one and your mouth feels like a desert.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Minder on November 20, 2018, 10:04:54 PM
Five guys prices are a joke, and I see they are opening another one on Boucher rd so there must be enough mugs out there

Five guys burgers are a disgrace.  Your bun is soaked in grease.  Then the prices!  Unreal for a burger. 

Would take a McDonalds over Five guys any day of the week.

Boycey

What are the prices guys, I've never been but judging by the comments they must be bad.

I did look online but cunningly the menu didn't have prices

imtommygunn

The burgers in mcdonalds are actually not that bad and probably better than 5 guys in my view.

I don't remember getting much change out of 15 quid the one time I was there but I was never back. (I think that was a drink and chips too). That was probably over a year ago so likely dearer now.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2018, 05:31:22 PM
The burgers in mcdonalds are actually not that bad and probably better than 5 guys in my view.

I don't remember getting much change out of 15 quid the one time I was there but I was never back. (I think that was a drink and chips too). That was probably over a year ago so likely dearer now.
The Signature Classic in McDonald's is a fine burger.
Never been to 5 Guys.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

I only ever ate in Five Guys in America and thought their burgers and chips was better than the likes of Burger king or McDonalds and prices was reasonable enough.

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on November 22, 2018, 05:41:28 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2018, 05:31:22 PM

The Signature Classic in McDonald's is a fine burger.
Never been to 5 Guys.

+1.

Signature classic is chunky enough to be considered a proper burger.

RedHand88

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 21, 2018, 09:06:35 AM
Landi's Deadly Burger in Coalisland!

I'd rather have mcglincheys but it's all about taste!

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on November 22, 2018, 05:24:18 PM
What are the prices guys, I've never been but judging by the comments they must be bad.

I did look online but cunningly the menu didn't have prices

I remember going about two years ago and got a burger, fries & a drink and it was a very competitive £14
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Five Guys prices (UK). Guts of 15 quid for a cheeseburger, regular fries and a drink.

https://www.zomato.com/london/five-guys-covent-garden/menu

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2018, 07:32:43 PM
Five Guys prices (UK). Guts of 15 quid for a cheeseburger, regular fries and a drink.

equivalent here - bacon cheeseburger, regular fries and drink would be $15 - or just under 9 quid.

A&W would be my go-to fast food burger place here - their Beyond Meat (plant based) burger is pretty good. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 22, 2018, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2018, 07:32:43 PM

equivalent here - bacon cheeseburger, regular fries and drink would be $15 - or just under 9 quid.

A&W would be my go-to fast food burger place here - their Beyond Meat (plant based) burger is pretty good.
I'd be keen to try one of these substitute burgers. I remember listening to a radio programme a few years ago where someone was trying to simulate meat using plants with beetroot juice as the "bleed".

Gabriel_Hurl

I believe Iceland sell those over there  - No Bull Burgers I believe they are called