Top 50 goals on TG4 now

Started by Zulu, April 12, 2009, 05:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 12, 2009, 07:41:48 PM
Any Mayo goals in it?

Heard tonight that Padraig Brogan's goal was on it. I'm raging - I've never seen that goal, for a variety of reasons, and I always thought the tape was wiped. If anyone is capable of putting it on You Tube, you'd make an old man very happy.

Hardy

You don't want to see it Iolar. The celebration is too embarrassing. Think Seamus Darby but without the grace, finesse and delicacy of movement.

Bitta-Banter

Ciaran McCabe's goal in Celtic Park,94 for Down against Derry definitely should have been in the top 50.It would have been a great goal at any time,but this goal beat Derry in one of the greatest games ever seen,and sent Down on their way to the All-Ireland.

RMDrive

IMO there were a few too many blast-it-in-the-direction-of-the-goal type efforts that were obviously supposed to be efforts at points but through pure blind luck (you make your own I know) they went into the next.
It's always dificult when compiling lists that this cause the hardest point is to gain concensus on is what the definition of a "great" anything should be. Is a great goal one which was from a long way out? Had a lot of individual skill involved? Was a great team effort? Was vital in terms of the ourcome of the game? Was scored in the last few seconds?

Fair play to TG4 for having a stab at it anyway. Better to have a top 50 goals show that I don't agree with 100% than no show at all  :)