Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on February 14, 2008, 09:58:58 PM
The recent "administration" of this league proves what a mickey mouse competition it is, we've no interest in winning mickey mouse competitions ;)

But on a more serious note if you take a look at some of the teams that the Stephenites fielded in last years league - Liam Higgins played in goal for a few of them. What with injuries and lads off with Mayo ( 2 Bradys, Ronan Pat Harte and David Clarke ) well that puts a big hole in the centre of the team.

But that should not be happening stepenite with all the talent that Ballina has had coming through over the years it does not say a lot when you have to put Liam in goal , if i was you i'd be asking why is that the case? We have had the same number of senior footballers missing over the years the Likes of Jiimmy, Ciaran Mc, Peadar G, Michael Moyles however we still had the players available to win the league.In cross we take the league as serious as the championship because it was very important not to get relagated as that meant no senior championship football the following year.i know the format of the league has changed over the years however as a club you have to give every game 100%.  i was talking to Liam Mc Hale recently and he wished that he won  a league medal.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Mano

Just to clarify the arguement between Owenmoresider and Deel Rover about John Joe McLoughlin managing Tourlestrane. John Joe was part of the management team for 94 and 95 while he was living in South Sligo but Neil Egan was the manager and John Joe was selector so i guess ye are both right.

John Joe also played when injury free at full back and played as a sub in 2 Connaught club games against Roscommon Gaels and Tuam Stars. He was an absolute animal on the pitch and from what his son did in County final last year the branch hasn't fallen far from the tree ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mano on February 15, 2008, 03:15:14 PM
Just to clarify the argument between Owenmoresider and Deel Rover about John Joe McLoughlin managing Tourlestrane. John Joe was part of the management team for 94 and 95 while he was living in South Sligo but Neil Egan was the manager and John Joe was selector so i guess ye are both right.

John Joe also played when injury free at full back and played as a sub in 2 Connaught club games against Roscommon Gaels and Tuam Stars. He was an absolute animal on the pitch and from what his son did in County final last year the branch hasn't fallen far from the tree ;)

thanks for that mano it wasn't an argument more like owenmoresider saying i was wrong ;) which it appears i am, i never realised he played for tourlestrane in the club championship, Aye John Joe didn't take many prisoners all right
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

stephenite

They're fair points Deel but a separate issue - if you're told at the start of the year that the bottom two will be relegated (or however it worked) and you finish above those bottom two, you should retain your Division 1 status. It's a simple enough format, if we had finished in the bottom 2 you would hear no complaints from me.

You simply should not be in a position where restructuring takes place based on results past - it's nonsensical, stupid, hare brained notions like this what we have now come to expect from anything that Sean Feeney is involved with. Be it his publicity seeking ramblings that have embarrassed the entire association (resulting in a reprimand from HQ) or the childish antics when agreeing to go on the Last Word whilst en route to Congress to vote on Rule 42

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on February 16, 2008, 03:09:22 AM
They're fair points Deel but a separate issue - if you're told at the start of the year that the bottom two will be relegated (or however it worked) and you finish above those bottom two, you should retain your Division 1 status. It's a simple enough format, if we had finished in the bottom 2 you would hear no complaints from me.

You simply should not be in a position where restructuring takes place based on results past - it's nonsensical, stupid, hare brained notions like this what we have now come to expect from anything that Sean Feeney is involved with. Be it his publicity seeking ramblings that have embarrassed the entire association (resulting in a reprimand from HQ) or the childish antics when agreeing to go on the Last Word whilst en route to Congress to vote on Rule 42

I totally agree with you stephenite i can'y inderstand why they didn't leave the league format the way it was but sure that would make sense.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Champ15

A question i would like answered really is that with all the re-structuring of the league why wont the county board do something about the fixtures durin the summer because that has been the real problem in the last few years.I havent seen the fixtures or dates for the league yet but i can probably guess that around half of them wont be played on the dates their ment to.
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Davitt Man

Still no dates given for the league yet?? fair play county board

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Davitt Man

They probably wont give the dates untill ballina play nemo on sunday.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 20, 2008, 11:53:01 AM
is the secretary getting paid yet?
you can be sure that if he isnt, it will be back paid.... he deserves every cent...look at all the good work he is doing...hurling, league fixtures....he might even be in line for a performance bonus at this stage!!!!!

Farrandeelin

Good luck to Ballina Stephenites on Sunday. Hope ye reach the final and wouldn't it be great if a Mayo team beat a shower of Dubs or Crossmaglen. I think Ballina will win it with the team they've named.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Davitt Man

With Ballina losing yesterday it looks like the Leagues will now start on Monday 17th St Patricks Day.

StoneWall

Any reason they can't be played on Sunday and let lads have Paddy's day to themselves?

Davitt Man

mayo are playing kerry in the national league that sunday in castlebar so thats why the games will be played paddys day. A nice dry weekend so

muscles magoo

First three league fixtures have been set according to mayogaa.com - 17/03, 24/03 and 20/04.
Championship dates also set.