Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectator

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 26, 2007, 09:03:44 PM
I was saddened to hear of Eamon Mongey's death yesterday. RIP.

RIP

As a young lad, my own late uncle often told me of Eammon's long low deliveries downfield, with the ball travelling rapidly at a height of perhaps two or three feet above the ground, hardly seeming to rise or fall as it sped on its way towards a teammate.

Farrandeelin

Just to let everyone know that the Mayo Hurling Final is on this weekend.

Ballyhaunis v James Stephens (Ballina) There might be a double celebration in Ballina on Sunday night, but I can't see it as Ballyhaunis are supposed to be very good and they are going for 4 in a row.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Barney

guy crouchback

Congratulations to Ballina Senior Hurling team who won the county title on Saturday evening  to complete an amazing club double. in a tight game Ballina overcame Ballyhanuis by a point with a man of the match performance by their Goal Keeper T. Duffy who not only made some great saves but also scored 3 long range points that Davy Fitz would have been proud of.

stephenite

the ship

how can it be a club double when the hurling team is called james stephens and the football cub us ballina stephenites.

well done to ballina

wobbller

Kevin Lynchs in hurling and Dungiven in football.What does it matter? It's a double and something to be proud of.

Farrandeelin

Just want to add my congrats to Ballina on doing the double. I'd say if anyone had a bet on that the person would be in a happy mood this morning!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mannix

Well done ballina on the hurling.Crossmolina started out as a hurling club from what i gather so it must be said that at one stage hurling was popular in north mayo.Tooreen must be gutted,ballyhaunis the same with a north mayo team beating them, especially a football club with a hurling division.

Any word on senior football panel or are they not training yet?

Mayo4Sam

Fair play to the hurling lads, delighted, one of the few times i'd ever be supporting ballina, even though it is a more ballina and surrounding parishes effort  ;D

They should have beaten ballyhaunis last year
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Who won the league game between Ballina and Knockmore?

Davitt Man

Quote from: stephenite on October 08, 2007, 11:40:55 PM
Who won the league game between Ballina and Knockmore?

Ballina 1-11 Knockmore 1-15

www.mayogaa.com

Davitt Man

Davitt Man

The league tables for 1A and 1B looking interesting at the bottom,Kiltane, Claremorris Castlebar Shrule even ballina all look in trouble

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on October 09, 2007, 08:36:22 AM
also

Moy Davitts 0-14 Ballintuber 0-11

Are you Davitts or Moy Davitts

Davitt Man?

Where did you get the screenshot of the tables? Mayogaa.com?