Photos and videos of Tyrone over the years

Started by Fuzzman, December 03, 2014, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Fuzzman

Does anyone have any videos of Canavan or Frank McGuigan as a U16?

tiempo

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 12, 2014, 12:04:39 AM
Does anyone have any videos of Canavan or Frank McGuigan as a U16?

Loads of em on you tube lah

nrico2006

Was that second last photo of the junior final or the intermediate final the year after? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

the onion bag

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 12, 2014, 10:51:20 AM
Was that second last photo of the junior final or the intermediate final the year after? 

Looks like the Intermediate Final panel

Fuzzman

Jeepers lads does nobody else have any decent old photos from the 70s or 80s?

seafoid

The black and white photos are class. The commitment when Tyrone were no good , building up the tradition so that when a really good team came along they could go all the way.
I was in Omagh when Sam arrived in 2003 and it was a very special evening.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Max Payne

Best 15 I've seen in my lifetime

1. Finbar Mc Connell
2. Ricey
3. Cormac
4. Fay Devlin
5. Ronan Mc Garritty
6. The Block
7. Philly Jordan
8. Sean Cav
9. Enda Kilpatrick
10. Dooher
11. Brian Mc Guigan
12. Joey Mc Mahon
13. Matty Donnelly
14. Stevy O'Neill
15. Peter the Great

Honourable mentions to Gerard Cavlan, Big Mattie, Adrian Cush. My favourite players to watch not necessarily the greatest Tyrone team!

Fuzzman

U not see Plunkett or Damian O'Hagan play?

Come on lads ye must have some local club books with photos in them

haveaharp

Quote from: Max Payne on January 14, 2015, 07:32:05 PM
Best 15 I've seen in my lifetime

1. Finbar Mc Connell
2. Ricey
3. Cormac
4. Fay Devlin
5. Ronan Mc Garritty
6. The Block
7. Philly Jordan
8. Sean Cav
9. Enda Kilpatrick
10. Dooher
11. Brian Mc Guigan
12. Joey Mc Mahon
13. Matty Donnelly
14. Stevy O'Neill
15. Peter the Great

Honourable mentions to Gerard Cavlan, Big Mattie, Adrian Cush. My favourite players to watch not necessarily the greatest Tyrone team!

no 1,3,4,5,9, and 14 i were fine players

lenny

Quote from: Club Rossa on December 09, 2014, 09:30:48 AM
This thread has got me thinking about the best Tyrone 15 I've ever seen.Started going to Tyrone games around 82-83.

1.F. McConnell
2.R. McMenamin
3.C. McAnalllen
4.F. Devlin
5.K. McCabe
6.C. Gormley
7.P. Jordan
8.E. McKenna
9.P. Donaghy
10.B. Dooher
11.B. McGuigan
12.S. Cavanagh
13.S. O'Neill
14. F. McGuigan
15. P. Canavan

I know Cormac only played a few games at fb but he just edges Chris Lawn and Ciaran McGarvey for me.Toss of a coin between John Lynch and Ricey.They were the only 2 positions I had bother picking.

Hard to argue with that, very strong team. Only quibble would be keeper. Big Finbar had a real presence but he was a disaster with the ball in his hands. You just knew it could go anywhere. Kickouts were decent for length but direction was unpredictable to say the least. If you're naming the team in a couple of years Morgan would be the easy choice for No. 1.

EastTyrone

Quote from: lenny on January 19, 2015, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on December 09, 2014, 09:30:48 AM
This thread has got me thinking about the best Tyrone 15 I've ever seen.Started going to Tyrone games around 82-83.

1.F. McConnell
2.R. McMenamin
3.C. McAnalllen
4.F. Devlin
5.K. McCabe
6.C. Gormley
7.P. Jordan
8.E. McKenna
9.P. Donaghy
10.B. Dooher
11.B. McGuigan
12.S. Cavanagh
13.S. O'Neill
14. F. McGuigan
15. P. Canavan

I know Cormac only played a few games at fb but he just edges Chris Lawn and Ciaran McGarvey for me.Toss of a coin between John Lynch and Ricey.They were the only 2 positions I had bother picking.

Hard to argue with that, very strong team. Only quibble would be keeper. Big Finbar had a real presence but he was a disaster with the ball in his hands. You just knew it could go anywhere. Kickouts were decent for length but direction was unpredictable to say the least. If you're naming the team in a couple of years Morgan would be the easy choice for No. 1.

How can you not include Damian O'Hagan. One of Tyrone's finest forwards and one of our first All Stars. John Lynch could maybe work his way in there too!

Fuzzman

Maybe he was too young to see them players

If only we had a good defender like Noel Donnelly. Remember him in 1995 or 96 pushing up from FB to score a goal v Derry

sensethetone

done that in 97 usf, about 10 secs after the throw in.