Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciaran1988

Tier 2 Hurling Championship fixtures announced today. Antrim fixtures are as follows

1. An Mhí v Aontroim
2. Aontroim v Ceatharlach
3. Aontroim v Laois
4. An Iarmhí v Aontroim
5. Aontroim v Ciarraí

Not a bad draw for us at all

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2017, 04:34:37 PM
Dunloy well beaten in the Ulster minor championship. What is it about this competition that Antrim teams don't have a great record in it?

Down 9 points in first four minutes and lost by nine
2 scores from play not good enough
Every time we ran at them we got a free
We where missing Shan Elliott and anton Mc grath
Dungiven very physical and a lot of our large players not interested
Think we are all going a bit soft over this side of the Bann
Dungiven goalie was outstanding
Stopped some bullets the whole match
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2017, 04:45:16 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 11, 2017, 04:40:46 PM
Dunloy well beaten in the Ulster minor championship. What is it about this competition that Antrim teams don't have a great record in it?

It's strange. We play in the same league and our teams would be beating them comfortably enough throughout the year but often fail to produce in this competition.
I agree
We win it last year but fell heavily to slaughtneil the year before
Personally I think if Derry jacked the big ball they would be beating us handy a county level every year
We where shut down today the same as the senior ulster final
We need to much space to hurl and don't respond well to teams that bring intense tackling
Dungiven where more efficient in possession to
The question is are we lagging behind counties now we use to trounce both at club and county
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 11, 2017, 05:00:05 PM

It's strange. We play in the same league and our teams would be beating them comfortably enough throughout the year but often fail to produce in this competition.
I agree
Personally I think if Derry jacked the big ball they would be beating us handy a county level every year
We need to much space to hurl and don't respond well to teams that bring intense tackling
The question is are we lagging behind counties now we use to trounce both at club and county

I've said it for years!! If Derry were serious about hurling, they'd be a force!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2017, 08:01:28 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 11, 2017, 05:00:05 PM

I agree

I've said it for years!! If Derry were serious about hurling, they'd be a force!

A force where, Ulster?

Dont get carried away, they would be beating us more regularly i agree, but a force is a bit much.

Milltown Row2

We'll never know as football will always hold the aces! But they've had potential just lacked a county board that believes in them...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

exactly why IMHO its a stupid thing to say.

The same thing could be said in a lot of different county's

just looking at the minor league and Kevin Lynches where getting absolutely hammered by nearly everyone, how come the turnaround.

Na Glinntí Glasa

did they have the football lads from the other clubs those games? the big full forward Tiernan is from Drumsurn isnt he?

our boys looked like they wanted to be anywhere but in Screen on sat. To be fair its been a long long season for them all. a lot of them have just done 3 in a row with the minors and play football and are still involved with our u12 footballers as well tomorrow night.

2-02 to no score down inside 5 mins it was game over. it was very disappointing when you consider that those two bad goals it was 2-05 to 0-05 at ht. doesnt help when we were missing 2 strong forwards but it was a minor title we shouldn't of been winning. It was a bonus imo as Rossa were the team who really should of been the team to have won Antrim.
hurl like f**k boi!

Link

Quote from: Megaman on November 13, 2017, 08:36:56 AM

just looking at the minor league and Kevin Lynches where getting absolutely hammered by nearly everyone, how come the turnaround.

McHugh and Mullan would have been with Derry minor footballers all year and would have missed a lot of games due to that.
Maybe a few talented u16s didn't play in antrim league but came in for derry championship.

Exiled Ruairi

Folks, if a player transferred from an Antrim club to a club in England, can he transfer back when university finishes to his club in Antrim and be eligible for Antrim Championship?

NAG1

Quote from: Link on November 13, 2017, 09:49:48 AM
Quote from: Megaman on November 13, 2017, 08:36:56 AM

McHugh and Mullan would have been with Derry minor footballers all year and would have missed a lot of games due to that.
Maybe a few talented u16s didn't play in antrim league but came in for derry championship.

It is a lot more straight forward than this lads, Antrim teams struggle in this competition mainly due to the conditions and the time of the year.

Yes there is work to do in terms of physicality but when the ball is moving faster during the summer skill levels and hurling count for more and this is demonstrated in the league scroes etc.

Yes maybe there is an element of softness but when the antrim lads are geared for summer hurling they arent able to transfer this across as easily.

Sweeper 123

Well folks tis the time of year when the managerial merry-go- round gets underway; Any updates anyone...
- Cushendall will be receiving their candidates this Sunday i believe - a few different names being touted here;
- Johnny Tosh already turned down Ballycastle - but will the be playing in Div 2 next year?;
- Glenariffe another year another manager required - u cant buy success;
- Loughguile still not ratified but expect Johnny still to be in charge;

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on November 15, 2017, 03:29:17 PM
Well folks tis the time of year when the managerial merry-go- round gets underway; Any updates anyone...
- Cushendall will be receiving their candidates this Sunday i believe - a few different names being touted here;
- Johnny Tosh already turned down Ballycastle - but will the be playing in Div 2 next year?;

Heard a big name looking to be in with Cushendall, could be interesting.
I heard PJ is looking a return to Loughguile.

Sweeper 123

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 15, 2017, 03:39:45 PM

Paddy John - Is the big name SAMBO  ;D

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on November 15, 2017, 04:04:14 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on November 15, 2017, 03:39:45 PM

Paddy John - Is the big name SAMBO  ;D

No the name I heard, an ex county manager is who it is apparently.