The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Lads - are we sure Firmino wasn't trying to say something that's actually a compliment in Brazil? I'm sure the t-shirts are being printed as I type.  ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

You've had the whole weekend and that was the best you could come up with?  :'(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2018, 07:34:49 PM
Lads - are we sure Firmino wasn't trying to say something that's actually a compliment in Brazil? I'm sure the t-shirts are being printed as I type.  ;D

Stay calm I'm a drunk driving racist?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Bobby Madley has confirmed that he didn't hear Firmino use the N word otherwise he would have sent him off.

AZOffaly

Janey. Even yer jibes and slagging are getting boring and negative now 😀

Maroon Manc

How much of the Coutinho money is Klopp likely to get if any? Your owners are cut from the same cloth as the Glazers so you'll continue to be be frustrated, how much debt is attached to Liverpool?

Link

good to see you have wakened. it's already been confirmed what firmino has said in Brazilian.

TabClear

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 09, 2018, 11:07:14 AM
How much of the Coutinho money is Klopp likely to get if any? Your owners are cut from the same cloth as the Glazers so you'll continue to be be frustrated, how much debt is attached to Liverpool?

Edit-Below from Guardian report on 2015/16

Ownership Fenway Sports Group, registered in the USA as New England Sports Ventures I, LLC, of which John W Henry is the principal shareholder

Gate and matchday income £62m

TV and broadcasting £124m

Commercial activities £116m

Net debt Not stated; bank loan £55m; FSG loan £110m

Interest payable £6m

Highest-paid director Unnamed, £1.21m (Ian Ayre was the managing director)

A club clearly on the rise under Henry's Fenway Sports Group, these are the last accounts before the September 2016 opening of the new 20,500-seat main stand at Anfield. It incorporates plush hospitality and facilities designed to bring in the big bucks, which will be reflected in next year's accounts. Almost uniquely among current US investors, FSG have put money into their club – loans which they increased by £60m to £129.9m, in order to fund the stadium expansion. After taking over with Liverpool in financial crisis in 2010, FSG are looking more convincing now, with an expanded stadium, strong income, Jürgen Klopp, shrewder player recruitment, and a fourth place finish this season.

Reatively low debt as I think the £55m is a working capital facility rather than acquisition debt that the Glazers loaded Utd with. Not sure what the terms of the £FSG loan are but it is just financial structuring, ultimately FSG paid about £300m for the club and they are a financial investor so will want minimum double digit returns on that. While they probably have a bit more flexibility than the Glazers in that there is not as large a 3rd party ongoing debt service cost (annual interest etc), and a lot of their return is rolled up into the capital appreciation, the money had to come from somewhere and there is a cost attached to that. If Liverpool are not paying them a dividend on an ongoing basis, the only way to crystallize their returns is to sell the club.

JoG2

the 'Kenny' documentary has popped up on Showbox, anyone watched it yet?

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on January 09, 2018, 12:27:31 PM
the 'Kenny' documentary has popped up on Showbox, anyone watched it yet?
Yeah it's very good. Hillsborough really hit him hard.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Link on January 09, 2018, 11:24:27 AM

good to see you have wakened. it's already been confirmed what firmino has said in Brazilian.

You learn something new every day. I must brush up on this language....Brazilian. Must be a new one.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2018, 01:18:42 PM

You learn something new every day. I must brush up on this language....Brazilian. Must be a new one.

That was the issue when Suarez got banned....they didn't have a proper Uruguayanese translator so for all we know he didn't call Evra anything derogatory!!!

manfromdelmonte

#justiceforfirmino

the big shiny new stand has to be paid for.
coutinho money is in the bank

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 09, 2018, 02:55:19 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2018, 01:18:42 PM

That was the issue when Suarez got banned....they didn't have a proper Uruguayanese translator so for all we know he didn't call Evra anything derogatory!!!

The N word crosses most language barriers so no excuse there. He's lucky Suarez hadn't a pan loaf with him or he might have ate him
The Firmino incident I find amusing, Holgate drove him over the fence what was he expecting a hug
There where loads of people standing about when Firmino came at him including the ref and no one else heard it or it would have been dealt with
Holgate maybe tried a bit of the old diversion methods to save his own ass
Is this really worth three pages with all the transfer rumours to talk about
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

I don't think he was saving his ass, because the ref has plenty opportunity to book him.. if anything was going to be done it would have been done already!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea