Cork V Waterford

Started by GAA_Punter, June 03, 2008, 08:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Punter

Looks like this will be a great match but Tipp seem to be unable to beat Cork in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Cian O'Connor seems to be the only injured  player the Cork team has at present .
Cork were supposedly very impressive beating Galway by 5pts in the first half of a challenge last week before putting a second team out for the second half .

Tipp had a great league but Hugh Maloney is out with a shoulder injury and Wille Ryan got a dead last week and also may miss out .Not sure how Lar Corbett's hand injury is progressing.

21/20 on Cork at home looks a massive price to me.

21/20 Cork
10/1 Draw
11/10 Tipp

AZOffaly

Cork v Tipp you mean, or are you giving us a sneak preview of a qualifier match? :D

Really looking forward to this one. Cork will be flying for this one, and Tipp haven't won in Cork since 192x I think. Tipp looked good in the league, but will have been trying to look good in the league. Cork are focussing on something else entirely. The long hiatus between the league final and this game won't have done Tipp any favours.

I would consider Cork's forward line to be their weakest point and that (the defensive area) is Tipperary's strong point. However, you'd wonder could Tipp reproduce the high scoring tallies from the league in a championship match down by the Lee. I have my doubts.

I think it'll be a cracking game, both sides will want to win Munster this year, and I can see Cork shading it by 3-4 points. Wouldn't be surprised at all if I am wrong though. Hope the weather is nice, the ice creams are out, and the intensity on the pitch does justice to a Munster semi final.

timmykelleher

Usually I come on here as a source of insight into upcoming matches but this week I'm not so sure.

Firstly Cork are not playing Waterford!

Also though I had heard the opposite about that challenge game.
I had heard that Cork struggled to contain the Galway forwards and lost the match by a good few points.

If anything this year it seems that our attack is going better than our defence with big scores being conceded against a lot of teams.

Would Gardiner be better off at midfield?
Curran was out for a lot of league. How sharp is he?
Is it time to introduce Cadogan to the half back line?
O'Hailpin was tried at full back during the league and it did not work out. Does Gerald see a reason to move him?
O'Sullivan was one of the players who struggled in the Galway match against Eugene Cloonan. How would he cope against Lar Corbett who is on fire at the moment?
Are the current corner backs as good as Sherlock and Mulcahy who retired a few years ago?

Like the bookies I can't call it. Here's hoping for a good match And the right result!!
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: timmykelleher on June 03, 2008, 10:41:09 AM
Also though I had heard the opposite about that challenge game.
I had heard that Cork struggled to contain the Galway forwards and lost the match by a good few points.

Galway won 3-20 to 0-20. A bit like the reverse of the league semi-final in that Cork opened up a 0-9 to 0-1 point lead early on and were flying but Galway got on a roll after that and started knocking over scores from all angles and distances. Ran out comfortable winners in the end. Cork team was...

cusack
stephen white  o sullivan ciaran mcgann
cadogan curran sean og
jerry o connor cathal naughton
pa cronin kevin canty brian corry
patrick horgan joe deane ben o connor

GAA_Punter

Sorry about the mistake

I talked to a Galway player and they he said that Cork took their team off at half time and put on 10 fresh players and it was then that Galway ran out comfortable winners . He thought cork looked very good .