Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 24, 2022, 08:15:41 PM
Not his biggest fan and gets some stick on here but Poacher has done some job with that Bridge team without Quinn their best player
Taken Burren to extra time and beating Downpatrick and a good Carryduff team is good going

Kilcoo to win tomorrow easily and then it's the big one is and our noisy neighbours

Do you think they are improved now from before?
Tbh I don't see it.
Good squad of players but without Corey Quinn lack the scoring threat to challenge.

upandwin

Would have to argue that isn't a good Carryduff team on todays evidence. Like W'Point, Clonduff and a few others they blow very hot and very very cold. Very cagey affair with not much quality on show today apart from Shane Annett who absolutely has to be part of the county squad going forward. You wouldn't think Carryduff had 5/6 county men based off todays performance but that's as far as the Bridge will get now. I think Loughinisland would beat them from what I've seen so far. It's Kilcoo and the Rest as always in down. Magpies will hammer yellas and Burren do the same to the point on Monday and we'll have the usual Kilcoo And Burren split in the semis then meet for the final we all want to see.

maldini

Two big calls from the officials today regarding umpires being over ruled
The ref over ruled his two umpires for Mayobridges first point, commentators were adamant it was wide and others in the crowd
Then a Duff point late on was given by the umpires and ref but ruled out by the linesman

That said Mayobridge were the better team overall

wobbller

Quote from: upandwin on September 24, 2022, 11:48:08 PM
Speaking of big calls by officials, was up at the Rostrevor Clone game on Friday eve and referee completely robbed Annaclone at the death. Blew the whistle with the ball sailing over the black spot. It must be Rostrevor's year after that going for them. They will walk the IFC, prominent Rostrevor Committee men in The Kilbroney Bar telling me they are already planning a training weekend for Ulster prep.
"Prominent". You sound like Truth Hurts.Jesus!!!!!!

ApresMatch

Quote from: upandwin on September 24, 2022, 11:48:08 PM
Speaking of big calls by officials, was up at the Rostrevor Clone game on Friday eve and referee completely robbed Annaclone at the death. Blew the whistle with the ball sailing over the black spot. It must be Rostrevor's year after that going for them. They will walk the IFC, prominent Rostrevor Committee men in The Kilbroney Bar telling me they are already planning a training weekend for Ulster prep.

Only game Rostrevor have walked so far in IFC was Clann na Banna!! Saval and Liatroim will fancy their chances, though Saval haven't played anyone yet. Liatroim were near gone v Darragh Cross, and that experience, plus defeat v Rostrevor in Round 1 could stand to them. They have built nicely since and will be happy going into the last four.

downtothecore

Credit to poacher and clarke with mayobridge. They are going along nicely. Carryduff have progressed but I still cant back them in these big games. I am not sure what it is but wud love to see the make breakthrough but you have to be good enough. I expect yellas to be more competitive than last day out later this evening but u wud expect kilcoo to manage it out.

elk

Quote from: upandwin on September 24, 2022, 10:54:05 PM
Would have to argue that isn't a good Carryduff team on todays evidence. Like W'Point, Clonduff and a few others they blow very hot and very very cold. Very cagey affair with not much quality on show today apart from Shane Annett who absolutely has to be part of the county squad going forward. You wouldn't think Carryduff had 5/6 county men based off todays performance but that's as far as the Bridge will get now. I think Loughinisland would beat them from what I've seen so far. It's Kilcoo and the Rest as always in down. Magpies will hammer yellas and Burren do the same to the point on Monday and we'll have the usual Kilcoo And Burren split in the semis then meet for the final we all want to see.
They only have 5/6 county men because a lot of the better players from the south down teams over the last 3/4 years won't commit to county football. Carryduff just aren't capable of winning a championship they are a mid table first division team at best

charlieTully

Kilcoo should have been beat there. From the online coverage they seemed to get the rub of the green from the ref. Clonduff should have had a penalty first half From what I seen. Albeit online coverage.

snoopdog

Quote from: charlieTully on September 25, 2022, 07:35:28 PM
Kilcoo should have been beat there. From the online coverage they seemed to get the rub of the green from the ref. Clonduff should have had a penalty first half From what I seen. Albeit online coverage.
Twitter updates are dreadful. Every 15 mins. A pigeon would update quicker.

charlieTully

Quote from: snoopdog on September 25, 2022, 07:37:53 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on September 25, 2022, 07:35:28 PM
Twitter updates are dreadful. Every 15 mins. A pigeon would update quicker.

Kilcoo 1 up

charlieTully

Mikhailov

Lads, surely someone in Down can update the Twitter account with score updates. A woeful service for outsiders who have an interest

Is there any other Twitter account that regularly updates on all Down championship games. Every other county has several guys who update on games who are not part of the county board or official county pages

Walter Cronc

Useless f*ckers Clonduff. Signed. All of Ulster!

charlieTully

Kilcoo are the luckiest team in Ireland

lfdown2

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 25, 2022, 07:52:44 PM
Lads, surely someone in Down can update the Twitter account with score updates. A woeful service for outsiders who have an interest

Is there any other Twitter account that regularly updates on all Down championship games. Every other county has several guys who update on games who are not part of the county board or official county pages

I wonder is it at the request of the streaming company. (No basis for this other than my own meandering thoughts)