The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

portugal are rotten. can't believe croatia lost to them.

beer baron

I sometimes wonder why teams don't go out  in extra time and really try win it rather than letting the game go to the  lottery of penalties.  As someone who backed Croatia to win it i wish they did just that now and see how their luck was in the penos  ;D

mikehunt

Croatian right full back cost them. Don't know was it tiredness but he was hopeless in extra time and lost the ball for the counter that led to the goal. Rakitic disappointing too. Feel sorry for Modric. 

Capt Pat

I also expected the Croatians to win but they were rubbish tonight. They played a tactical game waiting for the Portuguese to come at them so they could hit them on the counter attack. The Portuguese had the same idea so we ended up with a stalemate until the late winner.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

I have to say most of the games have been utter tripe
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

I think if neither team scores after ET, they should both go home.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: beer baron on June 25, 2016, 11:03:52 PM
I sometimes wonder why teams don't go out  in extra time and really try win it rather than letting the game go to the  lottery of penalties.  As someone who backed Croatia to win it i wish they did just that now and see how their luck was in the penos  ;D

Look what happened when Croatia finally did decide to go for it in ET.

seafoid

Ireland only got 5000 tickets. C'est un stitch up.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Down Way

mikehunt

Captain should have the decency to sing the National anthem.

Syferus

Cunny Funt

The penalty Ireland didn't get v Italy was more of a penalty that todays but who cares..