Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Stiffler why would you think portglenone would be complacent??

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 09, 2023, 10:56:56 AM
Stiffler why would you think portglenone would be complacent??

Just how could PG1 feel.complacent...?
They were well and truly dismissed almost at leisure by a LD team which proved only squeezed past Enda's next time before being ousted by a team which found the going tough when Creggan visited...?

imtommygunn

I doubt they would be but it just seemed like an odd comment.

St Malachys just about win but as expected for the other games. By reading the report does seem ardoyne are getting a lot better (have been for a good while anyway).

bannside

Marty Kane well thought of at Ardoyne, definitely has brought them on noticably. A manager/coach at the start of what could be an exciting journey.

Dunsilly King

LD are a team well in decline. Their peak was 2016-19. Minus two county men as well with poor under age. They were there for the taking. Dunloy deserve credit to come from intermediate and get that result. Buts thats as far as they will go. Truth is there are only four serious senior teams, Cargin, Creggan, Portglenone and Aghagallon. A gap exists between them and the rest. However its grt to have a potentially new developing team make a break through.

imtommygunn

Jerome Quinn does love paddy kelly :D

Tight game here but not fantastic.

Old Time Hurler

Creggan were completely awful today. Portglenone done what they had to do. Some strange decision making by Creggan with the late frees aswell.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 08, 2023, 09:49:28 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 08, 2023, 09:42:54 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on September 08, 2023, 09:27:04 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 08, 2023, 09:05:57 PM
Hon Dunloy 😃

Been a long time since Cuchullian's won a senior county football title......1936, but they look on the road again.

I'm conflicted. Equidistant between dunloy and portglenone, who to shout for 😀

Cheer for Creggan then

Hoping for a Dunloy Ports final now 😉

The draw still to be made yes?

imtommygunn

Yeah I thought Creggan were terrible too. Dunno how they got so bad. Portglenone will have bigger tests but definitely a well setup outfit. Not sure how that goal went in at all but they'd have won it regardless.

Wins for glenravel(by 10) and sarsfields (by5) in the intermediate.

country bumpkin

Jeez that was poor...........but only a quarter final plenty time for improvement........

Creggan have  endured lotta injuries to key players and that it shows.........

stiffler

Well done portglenone today , fully deserving of the victory and will seek to go one further than the last number of years now the path has opened up.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

EOC1923

Good win for Portglenone, did what they had to do to get through in what would always be a game of narrow margins.
Some strange calls by Gaelfast on the line for Creggan, leaving Ruari McCann (their own best forward) marking Portglenones best forward Oisin doherty. People in attendance can correct me but it looked like that online.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 09, 2023, 05:46:28 PM
Yeah I thought Creggan were terrible too. Dunno how they got so bad. Portglenone will have bigger tests but definitely a well setup outfit. Not sure how that goal went in at all but they'd have won it regardless.

And for St Teresa's
How does semis line up in this ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Aldergrove getting beat is probably a bit of a surprise. Not sure on semis.

delgany

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 09, 2023, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 09, 2023, 05:46:28 PM

And for St Teresa's
How does semis line up in this ?

St.Teresas v Ballymena
Glenravel v Sarsfields