Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It's seniors or nothing for antrim social media in most cases. That and business.

(BTW it is not a task I would want to do however I do think the coverage of it is poor. Yes Sean Kelly was good but you get posted senior championship draws and nothing else, county underage gets little coverage and saffron business forum etc gets flat out coverage. I get we need money to sustain ouselves but we'll get more of it if we market our things right)

Milltown Row2

Saffron Gael had decent report on both reserve finals ...

But it's only reserve, outside of the the clubs involved not many are or will be bothered to turn up, good weather or not.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

SENIOR
LD V Dunloy - LD by narrow margin.
Creggan V PG1 - Struggling with this one. PG1 injuries should see Creggan edge it.
Cargin V A'gallon - Cargin but this will be tighter than people think.
St.Brigids V Rossa - Lavey crew now firing, Lavey to win by 5+

INTERMEDIATE
Ardoyne V Ballymena - Draw/Pens
Glenravel V Gorts - Glenravel by 5+
St.Teresas V N.Seamas - Tight one. NS to shade it
Sarsfields V St.Pauls - St.Pauls to cruise through in derby by 4+

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2023, 05:01:43 PM
It's seniors or nothing for antrim social media in most cases. That and business.

(BTW it is not a task I would want to do however I do think the coverage of it is poor. Yes Sean Kelly was good but you get posted senior championship draws and nothing else, county underage gets little coverage and saffron business forum etc gets flat out coverage. I get we need money to sustain ouselves but we'll get more of it if we market our things right)

I take it your club has a busy p r o I T G busy sending a selection of your club activities and media including S G ignore....

imtommygunn

It has a brilliant pro.

Nothing to do with the saffron Gael as they are fantastic.

bannside

Indeed ITG, Saffron Gael one of our biggest assets in promoting gaa culture across the county.  Imagine the void should for any reason they stop/cannot supply this great service.

Good reserve final tonight, Cargins young guns seeing it out against a host of aging legends of Antrims greatest ever club team, in front of a large crowd in Dunsilly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 06, 2023, 10:05:04 PM
Indeed ITG, Saffron Gael one of our biggest assets in promoting gaa culture across the county.  Imagine the void should for any reason they stop/cannot supply this great service.

Good reserve final tonight, Cargins young guns seeing it out against a host of aging legends of Antrims greatest ever club team, in front of a large crowd in Dunsilly.

Was a lovely night out watching reserve football, I've done a few reserve games this year, you'd barely get one man and his dog staying behind to watch.

The kids ( a couple of aul lads) of Cargin played very well to close out an entertaining game.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Good article in the Irish news about Dunloy footballers. They are definitely a club who have produced some good footballers over the years despite hurling has taken precedence. Them and ld should be very interesting.

Good win for them in that reserve cup last night too.

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 07, 2023, 07:56:47 AM
Good article in the Irish news about Dunloy footballers. They are definitely a club who have produced some good footballers over the years e hurling has taken precedence. Them and ld should be very interesting.

I fancy them tomorrow night to cause an upset, very good side

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 07, 2023, 07:56:47 AM
Good article in the Irish news about Dunloy footballers. They are definitely a club who have produced some good footballers over the years e hurling has taken precedence. Them and ld should be very interesting.

Very good article, I remember minor football Championship first round going down to Dunloy on a wet Friday night, we went down with a very good minor team, not expecting a difficult game, we came a way (luckily) with a 1 point win, Ally elliott and dick Pappy and the the rest of that cracking hurling team all were top footballers, they got to a senior semi final I think one year or certainly a quarterfinal at Casement that I remember

NorthAntrim

Quote from: belfastsaff on September 06, 2023, 03:50:28 PM
DL getting a lengthy suspension ?

Quote from: NorthAntrim on September 06, 2023, 03:16:58 PM
Creggan PG1 a good game. Cargin to win handy and fancy St Brigids too. An upset with Dunloy and LD possible. Hearing a suspension rumour too out of LD.

Intermediate should go to plan. Cant see any slip ups

3 months

Hoof Hearted

must be a while since Ld and Dunloy played a senior football match against each other
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

NorthAntrim

Good to hear there was a large crowd. Reserve football is 100% neglected and looked down on by club members and sometimes senior managers. A good reserve game is as entertaining as some senior games

imtommygunn

Pathway to senior football too. To me it's crucial to the development of your senior team.

delgany

Quote from: NorthAntrim on September 07, 2023, 09:15:49 AM

Good to hear there was a large crowd. Reserve football is 100% neglected and looked down on by club members and sometimes senior managers. A good reserve game is as entertaining as some senior games

Reserve Football  is more enjoyable to watch, open free flowing football !