Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

And this year your side were given a point in the game v Cargin....

And for your limited info Cargin's last league game in u15 was not played as the opposition refused to travel from West Belfast.....points awarded 're concession.....not at all..

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 03:01:00 PM
Should I bother heading down on Wed night? and why is the home fixture Creggan with the game at Cargin?

And trust me any transgressions will be duly noted by players officials or randomers

So need to inform our players that any transgression during training will be noted and dealt with.....

Under 17 Cargin v Creggan will not go ahead I am assured.....

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 21, 2023, 03:53:36 PM
And this year your side were given a point in the game v Cargin....

And for your limited info Cargin's last league game in u15 was not played as the opposition refused to travel from West Belfast.....points awarded 're concession.....not at all..

Who was "given" a point v Cargin?

Not sure i follow.

And i take it the west belfast thing was last year?

My point above was that the games should have been played last year and this, Cargin unfortunately lost the league last year as a result but seem to want to win the league this year by the same premise.

Neither is the right way to do it.

Milltown Row2

That games off Wednesday  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 06:05:06 PM
That games off Wednesday  :P

Didn't see the sense of bringing someone from the big smoke down to ref it, so they asked for a postponement
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

So the "cut off date" for under-15 football only applied to Cargin..

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 22, 2023, 08:44:37 PM

Sure Aldergrove were not allowed to play their final game either.

country bumpkin

Quote from: barnish oggie on August 23, 2023, 08:37:44 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on August 22, 2023, 08:44:37 PM

Sure Aldergrove were not allowed to play their final game either.

But for your info Mr S.......Creggan and Aldergrove could not agree on a date to play that game.....in direct contrast to
Cargin's refixed game.....

More than a few under 15 games have been played since that cut off date....

Stillwater2

All clubs were informed by CCC that all games need to be played / refixed before the split to be allowed to be added to their total overall points. Games not played before the split  and refixed after the split, wouldn't be allowed

Plenty of advance warning.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Stillwater2 on August 23, 2023, 12:32:44 PM
All clubs were informed by CCC that all games need to be played / refixed before the split to be allowed to be added to their total overall points. Games not played before the split  and refixed after the split, wouldn't be allowed

Indeed, and when did the split occur...........?

Dreen

Fixtures running every 2 weeks is no use to anyone. We need weekly fixtures at u12/14/16 and18s next year. We can't do away with games for the majority because of dual players in the minority

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dreen on August 23, 2023, 03:30:50 PM
Fixtures running every 2 weeks is no use to anyone. We need weekly fixtures at u12/14/16 and18s next year. We can't do away with games for the majority because of dual players in the minority

Rasharkin Creggan Clooney and Tir na Og Dunloy  and others are a big mix of dual players, I personally love turning up one week at a club and the lads are hurling then next week same lads are out with the big ball!

They are slightly different in their approach to the ref also  ;D

The games are what they are, hurling one week football the next, if you are only playing one code then find another sport if you feel it's not enough.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 23, 2023, 12:53:41 PM
Quote from: Stillwater2 on August 23, 2023, 12:32:44 PM

Indeed, and when did the split occur...........?
The cut off date was 10th Aug !

Ghost+Tommy

Cargin by 7
Rossa by 2
St Endas by 5
Pg1/Ahoghill draw
MG/ Aghagallon  draw
Dunloy by 2