Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronSports

Anyone got a scoreline for Aldergrove vs Ballymena tonight? Saw someone on Twitter say it was a draw but nothing on Antrim GAA yet?

Milltown Row2

Don't think the server is working at times so scores don't get up loaded automatically, they have to be done via admin
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2023, 12:14:14 AM
Don't think the server is working at times so scores don't get up loaded automatically, they have to be done via admin

Cheers. Found a report on Saffron Gael anyway.

bannside

Went to Crumlin to see Aldergrove and All Saints draw for the third time this year. Will feel like a loss for Ballymena who were 5 up with five minutes left. Seamus McGarry put on a proper display, could have scored ten points from play, some outrageous among them.

Everyone I talked too knew Dunloy were going up really fancying themselves and I know a few who have them in weekend accums.

Cargin first team qualified for the quarters, going well, will take good team to top them.

Ghost+Tommy

Went to the Rossa game,in what was a good enough game,Rossa deserved to win,as they say goals win games as Rossa only know from their game v the champs,and would say will make the quarters,Br had his moments but overall reffed it well,but I'm at today's games, ourselves v Ahoghill in a game that is must win,I think we couldn't ask for much more than a good ref(,might change after the game lol)but for the life off me I pity the other 4 teams with obviously 2 refs that are out off their depth to say the least at this level,how Roberts got a county final last year is beyond me,and Granda Jim swanning around the place as if he owns It,PT reffed us in the second last League game in MG,with both teams left scratching their heads to what they were witnessing with an umpire more focused on his phone,Antrim get your act together and get the best men for the job

EOC1923

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on August 13, 2023, 11:26:19 AM
Went to the Rossa game,in what was a good enough game,Rossa deserved to win,as they say goals win games as Rossa only know from their game v the champs,and would say will make the quarters,Br had his moments but overall reffed it well,but I'm at today's games, ourselves v Ahoghill in a game that is must win,I think we couldn't ask for much more than a good ref(,might change after the game lol)but for the life off me I pity the other 4 teams with obviously 2 refs that are out off their depth to say the least at this level,how Roberts got a county final last year is beyond me,and Granda Jim swanning around the place as if he owns It,PT reffed us in the second last League game in MG,with both teams left scratching their heads to what they were witnessing with an umpire more focused on his phone,Antrim get your act together and get the best men for the job
Iv had the odd pop at a referee myself over the years but Jesus lad take a look at yourself with this post. Is it referees need to get their act together or is it your senior team?

Would ye whist

Funny I thought Roberts had a decent final bar maybe two big decisions which went again Cargin, penalty stonewall in first 5 mins and a push on Tomas back in the last few mins of normal time

As EOC says perhaps clean your own doorstep before you look at others G&T

gallsman

Mad story in today's Sunday World.

Gold

What was it?

Big enougb shock with LD winning today!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Will Casement's still be considered as championship contenders after today's reversal at Toome...?

bannside

You couldn't wait. Go ahead and fill your boots....

ck

Results from this weekend would suggest the senior Champ is wide open. Would that be the case or am I reading it wrong?
Creggan Rossa and LD can't be ruled out. Lavey in the mix too. Cargin still front runners? PG1 lose a game or two every year but will still be in the shake up. Wide open lads.

Sportacus

Quote from: ck on August 13, 2023, 09:19:57 PM
Results from this weekend would suggest the senior Champ is wide open. Would that be the case or am I reading it wrong?
Creggan Rossa and LD can't be ruled out. Lavey in the mix too. Cargin still front runners? PG1 lose a game or two every year but will still be in the shake up. Wide open lads.
Wide open for second, but Cargin are too good for everyone else.

country bumpkin

Of course Cargin are up the R with the front runners loaded with experience and an extended youth based panel to call on.
Lamh Dearg are in the front row, not to rule out Aghagallon or indeed Creggan who are not to be dismissed....
PG1 endured set back today and am reminded just how difficult it is the add a senior championship to a league title.....
A lesson well delivered by St Galls.....

delgany

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 13, 2023, 09:54:55 PM
What is the quarter final draw?

A.  Winner Gp 1 v R/up Gp4
B.   Win Gp 2.  v  R/ up.  Gp 3
C.  Win  Gp 3. v.  R / up  Gp 2
D.   Win Gp 4. V.  R/up Gp 1

Semi- Finals.  A v D. & B v C

Winner on the day for Qtrs & Semis