Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Afraid to tell you Duneane is a parish name....not a gaa man residing in Duneane .....
Cargin resident in Toome and Moneyglas a mile or so down the road are the only teams in the parish..
Never pay heed to the poster known as 'somebody else'...

Spike

Another eejit catfishing you CB  :D

bannside

Some win for Ahoghill, they know how to pick their battles and raise their game. Fair play to Danny and Gareth.

We drew with Creggan, not much in it, tbh they had a few missing so not reading too much into it. And no, no melees DK. I can't remember the last time we had one with a SW team.

Moneyglass do just about enough at home...Ardoyne must have something about them, long may it last. Ballymena coming? Glenavy beating Con Magees a bit of a shock, but no panic, if you're not ready for Div 1 you definitely should time your run. Randalstown getting sucked into a relegation battle after a decent start.

bannside

country bumpkin

Quote from: Spike on May 29, 2022, 05:29:08 PM
Another eejit catfishing you CB  :D

And the slipper eel is prominent in these parts...
A poster named somebody else.....the name tells the tale..lol.

country bumpkin

Belfast GAA man

mcginley state why he was leaving? useful to know

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 29, 2022, 09:16:14 PM

Said Gaelfast wasn't working out so packed it in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Disappointed to hear today Enda and his back room have stood down. They set out to keep us in Div 3 and they did this with something to spare. I think we ran out of steam and luck. We were flying at the start of the league, fitness at championship level in January , blew Fermanagh off the park in Brewster, even though the home side carved us open that night on 3 occasions missing 3 golden goal opportunities. Giving away goal chances again highlighted against Limerick but they did punish us. We then put together a great run and secured our place in div3. I think fatigue played its part, players looked so jaded in Louth and Westmeath games, and Cavan was complete FUBAR.
Antrim are not going to attract any big name managers in to replace Enda and co, unless we get a JP McManus type backer out of somewhere.
Priority has to be having quality mgt at minor and u2O who buy into staying in place for 3-5 years, eg paul Devlin , collie Holmes, Michael Boyle, mark Counihan type men, the models are there t copy, we just need to get the personnel right.
Senior wise it's  difficult to see who would want the job . Arguably we were a more attractive prospect last year in the bottom tier as the only way was up
Now...after watching a very very poor display in carrick , on the back of poor displays against Cavan, Westmeath and Louth, can't see too many ambitious mgt groups beating down the county chairman's door
Cannot say how much a depressing drive home that was yesterday and not helped by the news today

Ciall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2022, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 29, 2022, 09:16:14 PM

Said Gaelfast wasn't working out so packed it in

'Enda McGAAMAN'

Saffsof82

So who would be prospective candidates for the senior managers post? I'm struggling to think of anyone available who we would want and who would want the job.

antrimman667

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 29, 2022, 11:09:10 PM
Disappointed to hear today Enda and his back room have stood down. They set out to keep us in Div 3 and they did this with something to spare. I think we ran out of steam and luck. We were flying at the start of the league, fitness at championship level in January , blew Fermanagh off the park in Brewster, even though the home side carved us open that night on 3 occasions missing 3 golden goal opportunities. Giving away goal chances again highlighted against Limerick but they did punish us. We then put together a great run and secured our place in div3. I think fatigue played its part, players looked so jaded in Louth and Westmeath games, and Cavan was complete FUBAR.
Antrim are not going to attract any big name managers in to replace Enda and co, unless we get a JP McManus type backer out of somewhere.
Priority has to be having quality mgt at minor and u2O who buy into staying in place for 3-5 years, eg paul Devlin , collie Holmes, Michael Boyle, mark Counihan type men, the models are there t copy, we just need to get the personnel right.
Senior wise it's  difficult to see who would want the job . Arguably we were a more attractive prospect last year in the bottom tier as the only way was up
Now...after watching a very very poor display in carrick , on the back of poor displays against Cavan, Westmeath and Louth, can't see too many ambitious mgt groups beating down the county chairman's door
Cannot say how much a depressing drive home that was yesterday and not helped by the news today

Bang on in terms of underage, need investment from county board to really go at these underage competition and bring in high quality management and structure. Antrim setup at minor and u21 is normally a farce

EOC1923

Heard great reports of the u20 management. Minors, not so sure if was or wasn't a good setup but I do know a lot of effort went in regardless. The minor appointment is a more important one for Antrim than the senior one if you ask me.

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 30, 2022, 10:24:06 AM
Heard great reports of the u20 management. Minors, not so sure if was or wasn't a good setup but I do know a lot of effort went in regardless. The minor appointment is a more important one for Antrim than the senior one if you ask me.

Spot on EOC.
U20 management this year were very switched on and more than half of their squad back next year, think they are good men and would be more than happy to see them stay on for a few years.
Minor is a huge one, need to get a high quality manager and equally high quality coaches around him and again keep them in place for a number of years, and no dotting daddies.

barnish oggie

Quote from: bannside on May 29, 2022, 07:02:09 PM
Some win for Ahoghill, they know how to pick their battles and raise their game. Fair play to Danny and Gareth.

We drew with Creggan, not much in it, tbh they had a few missing so not reading too much into it. And no, no melees DK. I can't remember the last time we had one with a SW team.

Moneyglass do just about enough at home...Ardoyne must have something about them, long may it last. Ballymena coming? Glenavy beating Con Magees a bit of a shock, but no panic, if you're not ready for Div 1 you definitely should time your run. Randalstown getting sucked into a relegation battle after a decent start.

TNN form is a worry but the issue is that we are missing over 20 players from last year who would have played a part in and around the senior panel.

A look at our lineup yesterday tells it's own story compared to the team we had last year, or even compared to the one we started this year with.

A lot of injuries, some of them long term and they won't be back this side of the championship (which is not the focus), and some boys away travelling, so after the hopes that we would be strong enough to stay up, it is really going to be a battle now.