Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 20, 2023, 07:37:49 PM
A one point win for Loughgiel v Ballycastle doesent bode too well for them

They were poor. Lacked fluidity, shot from range, missed a few handy frees, which isn't like James , and only one player in their full forward line performed well, Shan McGrath.

There will be a full scale enquiry in the coming days as to why they failed to perform. Jack McCloskey and Paul Boyle were spectators.

Declan McGarry has to play CHB. He was wasted in full back, never under pressure.

Loughgiel are building and fair play for bleeding the next generation.  Dunloy and Cushendall will be rubbing their hands.

marty34

Quote from: Jonkunlon on August 20, 2023, 08:03:41 PM

They were poor. Lacked fluidity, shot from range, missed a few handy frees, which isn't like James , and only one player in their full forward line performed well, Shan McGrath.

There will be a full scale enquiry in the coming days as to why they failed to perform. Jack McCloskey and Paul Boyle were spectators.

Declan McCloskey has to play CHB. He was wasted in full back, never under pressure.

Loughgiel are building and fair play for bleeding the next generation.  Dunloy and Cushendall will be rubbing their hands.

Who's in charge of Loughgiel this year?

Jonkunlon

Quote from: marty34 on August 20, 2023, 09:13:28 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on August 20, 2023, 08:03:41 PM

Declan McCloskey has to play CHB. He was wasted in full back, never under pressure.

Who's in charge of Loughgiel this year?

Hugh again.

SaffronSports

Does anyone have the official list of tie breakers for the championship?

Saffrongael

Usually H2H then points difference if they have drawn (I think)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

I'm more looking for if there's 3 teams tied etc. I know in the league they don't it a really weird way so just trying to get on top of it all now.

delgany

Quote from: SaffronSports on August 21, 2023, 01:01:50 AM
I'm more looking for if there's 3 teams tied etc. I know in the league they don't it a really weird way so just trying to get on top of it all now.
It would be the score difference between the 3 teams results against each other.

Antrim Coaster

Its either head to head, score difference or as mentioned score difference between the two teams when they played each other.

Obviously confirmed to the clubs when being sent out championship regulations by CCCC. A tad confusing to the mere mortal though.

Id have thought it was head to head firstly.

Rossa and St Johns are both on 2 points with a -5 point scoring difference

NAG1

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 21, 2023, 01:05:39 PM

Its either head to head, score difference or as mentioned score difference between the two teams when they played each other.

Obviously confirmed to the clubs when being sent out championship regulations by CCCC. A tad confusing to the mere mortal though.

I think its a bit of stretch to think Clooney Gaels will beat Rossa to even make it a possibility.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: NAG1 on August 21, 2023, 01:24:03 PM

I think its a bit of stretch to think Clooney Gaels will beat Rossa to even make it a possibility.

Dunloy play the Johnnies while Rossa are at home to Ahoghill.

On paper it looks like 2 home wins to leave Dunloy on top, Rossa in second and Naomh Eoin in third which would leave the quarter finals Loughgiel v Naomh Eoin and Rossa v the winners of Ballycastle / Naomh Eanna.

Semi final matches are an open draw I believe.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 21, 2023, 01:33:57 PM

On paper it looks like 2 home wins to leave Dunloy on top, Rossa in second and Naomh Eoin in third which would leave the quarter finals Loughgiel v Naomh Eoin and Rossa v the winners of Ballycastle / Naomh Eanna.

Should read Loughgiel or Cushendall who play each other in the final group stage match - winner to progress to the semi finals.

CitySlicker11

Should winning your group not ensure that you meet a team coming through from a quarter final rather than the possibility of meeting the other group winner due to an open draw? Seems unfair on group winners.

NAG1

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 21, 2023, 01:35:56 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 21, 2023, 01:33:57 PM

Should read Loughgiel or Cushendall who play each other in the final group stage match - winner to progress to the semi finals.

Not sure Loughgiel would be going in to confidently to this match either after yesterday's result.

NorthAntrim

Championship only starting now. Some decent games next time out. St Endas v Ballycastle knockout hurling. Group 1 is a foregone conclusion. Can see both Dunloy and Cushendall with a month off and maybe a trip down south pencilled in. Fancy creggan and sarsfields to advance. Cant see Oisins beating sarsfileds in the bear pit. Other group is a bit more interesting, Carey and St Galls arent dead and buried yet. Although id say Tir Na Nog and Cushendun are in pole position at the minute, can change fast. Cloughmills into a semi and a month break. LD V Armoy for the group win and Rasharkin v Davitts in another knock out game. Toss of a coin between All Saints and GNM for 2nd id say. Ive no idea what the set up in junior B is. Assume its a league with top 2 playing in a final?

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 21, 2023, 01:41:59 PM
Championship only starting now. Some decent games next time out. St Endas v Ballycastle knockout hurling. Group 1 is a foregone conclusion. Can see both Dunloy and Cushendall with a month off and maybe a trip down south pencilled in. Fancy creggan and sarsfields to advance. Cant see Oisins beating sarsfileds in the bear pit. Other group is a bit more interesting, Carey and St Galls arent dead and buried yet. Although id say Tir Na Nog and Cushendun are in pole position at the minute, can change fast. Cloughmills into a semi and a month break. LD V Armoy for the group win and Rasharkin v Davitts in another knock out game. Toss of a coin between All Saints and GNM for 2nd id say. Ive no idea what the set up in junior B is. Assume its a league with top 2 playing in a final?

Play each other next match at The Rigs in what should be an entertaining affair.