Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

St Endas looked very poor

Milltown Row2

Tough opener for St Endas, in fairness to them Joe has played most of the season in there and has be prolific, that  said you are coming up against quality defender....

Any mistakes or poor clearances were cleaned up and punished..

Tomorrows games will be closer

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

St. John's beat loughgiel. Dunloy beat Bally castle by 13 or so. I think the johnnies won by two but were up by a good but at half time.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 06, 2022, 07:28:51 PM
St. John's beat loughgiel. Dunloy beat Bally castle by 13 or so. I think the johnnies won by two but were up by a good but at half time.

Johnnies could get to final - went well a few years ago.

I suppose dependent on how the big ball goes also. 

Naomh Eanna were poor, very poor last night. Cushendall gave a few lads a run out in the second half.

Were Dunloy at full strength Imtommygun?

imtommygunn

No idea Marty. I just saw the result.

The johnnies had a team capable of winning it three or four years ago IMO but have missed the boat. They're still decent though and could get to the final with the right draw. I saw at least one of rossa's decent players away in the states so they maybe wouldn't be as strong this year.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 06, 2022, 08:55:24 PM
No idea Marty. I just saw the result.

The johnnies had a team capable of winning it three or four years ago IMO but have missed the boat. They're still decent though and could get to the final with the right draw. I saw at least one of rossa's decent players away in the states so they maybe wouldn't be as strong this year.

Ok, thanks.

Yeah, Johnnies on their day could beat anyone.  Had a chance v Dunloy last year in the semi-final at Dunsilly...iirc?

One of the Johnsons got an early red card which sorta ruined it for them and Dunloy got over the line. Really wet day iirc.

Rossa off the pace a bit maybe. I though Ballycastle would have been going better.

Hard to see past Dunloy with their talent and experience. Thwy'll really be pushing for an Ulster this year.  Another Antrim will be no good to them, they'll want an Ulster, if they get through Antrim.

Cushendall don't have the pace I think. They have a cohort of older players and a few young lads but pace could be an issue as the year goes on. Just my opinion.

imtommygunn

On reading the report I think Dunloy were missing seaan Elliot, Malloy and Eoin O'Neill at least. That would be worrying for other teams.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 07, 2022, 09:29:27 AM
On reading the report I think Dunloy were missing seaan Elliot, Malloy and Eoin O'Neill at least. That would be worrying for other teams.
Dont think O Neill will be hurling this year and the other pair are in San Fran I believe. Probably home for the business end.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

seafoid

Good win for the junior camogie team in the All Ireland final
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 07, 2022, 02:54:07 PM
Dont think O Neill will be hurling this year and the other pair are in San Fran I believe. Probably home for the business end.

Molloy on the sideline.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 07, 2022, 04:14:13 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 07, 2022, 02:54:07 PM

Molloy on the sideline.
must be home then, was told they were away with James McNaughton
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

keep her low this half

No Woody either and Shorty only played about 3 minutes at the end. Its looking very likely that the last 4 will be Cushendall, Dunloy, Loughgiel and St Johns.

keep her low this half

Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2022, 04:00:31 PM
Two all irelands in two years for Antrim now. Some good work being done by the camogie board. U-16s lost a final last Sunday as well.Comfortably stayed in the senior championship as well this year.

maxpower

Quote from: keep her low this half on August 07, 2022, 05:51:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2022, 04:00:31 PM
Two all irelands in two years for Antrim now. Some good work being done by the camogie board. U-16s lost a final last Sunday as well.Comfortably stayed in the senior championship as well this year.

majority of players have been idle all year, immediate success but will it be worth it?
What happens next????

imtommygunn

Quote from: keep her low this half on August 07, 2022, 05:48:27 PM
No Woody either and Shorty only played about 3 minutes at the end. Its looking very likely that the last 4 will be Cushendall, Dunloy, Loughgiel and St Johns.

Is it the top two in each group into semis? There are only two groups aren't there?