Who/what can stop Dublin?

Started by ONeill, April 27, 2014, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Play a Rest of Ireland selection against them.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

One bad performance will stop Dublin.

Them's the margins

Mayo Mick

Mayo. Derry were out of their depth and made Dubs look better than they are. Our backs would not give them as much space and we have the power and pace in the middle third to pressurise their backs. Would not fear them but we would have to hit last years qtr and semi form
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on April 27, 2014, 10:42:09 PM
One bad performance will stop Dublin.

Them's the margins

Dublin will have to have a very bad at the office in order to get beaten.

And the team that beats them will have to get all the breaks.

Dublin's to lose.

babarino

Can't see Kerry or Mayo stopping them. If Cork got their act together and give a full 70 minutes performance, they'd be capable of beating them.

Redhand Santa

There was talk in early summer last year that Donegal were unbeatable and no one could match their system. That Dublin team are highly impressive when on top and things going well but are far from unbeatable. As champions they'll have a lot of tough questions to answer come August and September if get that far. A walk through Leinster wouldn't do them any favours.

orangeman

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 27, 2014, 10:52:59 PM
There was talk in early summer last year that Donegal were unbeatable and no one could match their system. That Dublin team are highly impressive when on top and things going well but are far from unbeatable. As champions they'll have a lot of tough questions to answer come August and September if get that far. A walk through Leinster wouldn't do them any favours.

Realistically what teams are going to ask the serious questions of Dublin ?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Mayo will ride the hole off them. They will need Cavilon cream when we are finished with them.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

Yiz are not thinking outside the box here. No man of woman born can harm the Dubs in 2014. Sure even when Cork were walloping them, the Dubs were smirking at each other and decided to play ball when it reached tipping point. They're in Harlem Globetrotting territory here.

Can the elections have an impact? Or the World Cup?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

Quote from: Mayo Mick on April 27, 2014, 10:43:26 PM
Mayo. Derry were out of their depth and made Dubs look better than they are. Our backs would not give them as much space and we have the power and pace in the middle third to pressurise their backs. Would not fear them but we would have to hit last years qtr and semi form

Disagree. We might hit the championship a different animal than we were in the league and I expect we will but we don t have enough depth and quality in some areas. Our backs are there for the taking if we lose midfield and especially so if likes of Barrett and Cunniffe are out injured - and lets face it they usually are. Dublin forwards are in rude good health while I believe we have returned Conroy and Brian Gallagher to their clubs with a thank you note. A player of real ability like Adam Gallagher has n t been seen since the floods. Maybe he s injured? Maybe he s being kept dry for more serious days.
Clearly we were better off losing to Derry because on current form today would have been a mess. We re only a week away from a championship and I never believed Horan really wanted to win the league bullshit. As well as that it s no harm for other counties to get the 'shit the nest' experience 8) Hope ye enjoyed it ;)

Must say that expression is more sickening than anything you can experience in sport.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: orangeman on April 27, 2014, 10:54:25 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 27, 2014, 10:52:59 PM

Realistically what teams are going to ask the serious questions of Dublin ?

I'd say the likes of mayo Kerry cork and even tyrone or maybe an improving Monaghan could cause them plenty of problems come summer. Dublin will not walk their way to Sam this year. I'm going to stick my neck out and say they'll get caught somewhere from the quarters on. Meath Kerry and mayo gave them tough games last year in championship football.

moysider

Quote from: babarino on April 27, 2014, 10:47:38 PM
Can't see Kerry or Mayo stopping them. If Cork got their act together and give a full 70 minutes performance, they'd be capable of beating them.
t

What act?
Cork could not even manage a functional midfield in the league when it kinda got half serious. 2 class forwards but apart from that they are limited apart from the confidence that is always hardwired into Cork teams.

Donnellys Hollow

The only thing that could stop this Dublin juggernaut is Seamus Aldridge announcing his return to refereeing.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?