NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: seafoid on February 20, 2023, 01:43:34 PM
Supporting Armagh seems to be pure emotion.

You have no idea...total rollercoaster ride all the time. we're either crap or brilliant, never seems to be middle ground with us. Just when you think we have something speiacl looming then you get a powerful kick in the reality bollocks to bring you back down to earth with a bang.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Whishtup

Quote from: ClubScene13 on February 20, 2023, 01:01:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 20, 2023, 12:11:22 PM
Over 6000 at Tuam Shtadium. That would have been hard to credit 3 years ago.

I was one of them, we are shite. I speak with Tyrone people day in day out, 80% of us know that we're shite. Insane to me that these boys have AI medals, and fair play to the entire set up for doing so, players and management. 18 months of dross, with no one really to come into the side. Ket boys.

I was there myself and felt that the first half was treated like a backs and forwards training session. They didn't seem too pushed to score. This is why I wouldn't panic yet.  Remember the Kerry drubbing?

Armagh18

Quote from: Whishtup on February 20, 2023, 04:14:55 PM

I was one of them, we are shite. I speak with Tyrone people day in day out, 80% of us know that we're shite. Insane to me that these boys have AI medals, and fair play to the entire set up for doing so, players and management. 18 months of dross, with no one really to come into the side. Ket boys.

I was there myself and felt that the first half was treated like a backs and forwards training session. They didn't seem too pushed to score. This is why I wouldn't panic yet.  Remember the Kerry drubbing?
As bad as Tyrone are doing at the minute I don't fancy going to Omagh for a relegation play off. Hope to have at least 2 more wins by then!

ClubScene13

I take your point and it is only league. But Jesus we've been poor a long time. The team holiday post 2021 and remember Killarney has been worn out at this stage, still look mediocre in the vast majority of games. I admire Logan and Dooher as much as anyone for winning a title with these boys too, because I for one didn't see it coming. Two phenomenal performances in Croker, which I don't think would have been possible under Harte with this group. But we're a long time removed from it now, could nearly be time for the U20s to replace few of the old reliables, who aren't that anymore imo

square_ball

Yes and I also remember the drubbings by Derry and Armagh last year which are probably more of a relevant comparison. The notion that they were treating a national league game as a back and forwards exercise is fanciful in the extreme. Realistically we are more or less full out at the moment. I'm not panicking yet and maybe they'll turn it around in the coming weeks. I still think we'll stave off relegation. There's always a big performance in Tyrone when it's least expected.

Derryman forever

Quote from: square_ball on February 20, 2023, 05:52:37 PM

Yes and I also remember the drubbings by Derry and Armagh last year which are probably more of a relevant comparison. The notion that they were treating a national league game as a back and forwards exercise is fanciful in the extreme. Realistically we are more or less full out at the moment. I'm not panicking yet and maybe they'll turn it around in the coming weeks. I still think we'll stave off relegation. There's always a big performance in Tyrone when it's least expected.

I honestly  expected a big oerformance from them yesterday.
As a neutral observer, I am puzzled at their great 3rd quarter performance which evaporates as quickly as it is turned on.
Is it a fitness thing?

Rudi

Roscommon unbeaten in 11 league games.

seafoid

RossieBull

Armagh were very cynical in blocking runners for kickouts. Unpunished by the ref many times despite being pointed out several times.

Whishtup

I can only say what I saw at the match. They were happy to pass it around against the wind, Morgan standing on the spot soloing it in the half back line.  Yes, some of them looked very unfit at the end of the match.  Think there's a lot more in them.

seafoid

Quote from: Whishtup on February 20, 2023, 11:33:21 PM

I can only say what I saw at the match. They were happy to pass it around against the wind, Morgan standing on the spot soloing it in the half back line.  Yes, some of them looked very unfit at the end of the match.  Think there's a lot more in them.
03 05 08 is the only data we have.
04 and 06 were forgettable. They were both won by Kerry. So was 07.

Or maybe this team isn't good enough. But it's too early to say.

5times5times

Quote from: RossieBull on February 20, 2023, 09:40:25 PM
Armagh were very cynical in blocking runners for kickouts. Unpunished by the ref many times despite being pointed out several times.

And just ignore the blatant cheating + diving by the rossie players? C'mon now, that was next level stuff. Fair play to ref for tell Rossie defender to get up in 1st half, but he missed 6-8 other times where they were cheating + timewasting

Rudi

Quote from: 5times5times on February 21, 2023, 10:10:59 AM

And just ignore the blatant cheating + diving by the rossie players? C'mon now, that was next level stuff. Fair play to ref for tell Rossie defender to get up in 1st half, but he missed 6-8 other times where they were cheating + timewasting

Don't dismiss what Rossiebull has to say, he's spot on regarding cynical blockers, plus Armagh could learn how to tackle properly. Go for the ball with an open hand, not assault the man. Thank f**k we got Burke / McHugh & not that big ape of a Donaghey. What ya think of that Joe Brolly indeed.  ;D

twohands!!!

There was one absolute howler by the ref in terms of an Armagh player blocking a Rossie player who won a mark at midfield. The Armagh player was about two metres away when the Rossie player took the kick and it was a poor kick (at least in part because of the presence of the Armagh player) that was turned over by Armagh who went down the field and had a goal chance. Ref was right on the spot but didn't penalise the Armagh player for infringing. If it had been a goal the ref would have borne a lot of the blame.

In general I think the rules about the blocking/interfering with/slowing up play when a free/mark has been awarded should be much stiffer.
Bringing the ball forward 13 metres is a very soft punishment and given you'll rarely see a game where both sides don't do it multiple times it's not really working as a deterrent.
If the association wanted to stamp it out, make it a black card offence and it would disappear overnight.