Bob Geldof

Started by Eamonnca1, November 14, 2017, 12:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Poor Bob. This is a crime against knobs with huge Egos.

brokencrossbar1

Fair dues to DCC...they called his bluff. He is an insufferable arse who is nothing but a self promoting ****. DCC have a major homelessness crisis to worry about and he is worried about this....he should be told to piss off and worry about his own rather than 'not saving' the World!!  Why not hand back the freedom in protetst to the continued failure of the government in his own country's to deal with the poverty and homelessness here?  Not enough air time for that!!

rosnarun

Quote from: T Fearon on December 15, 2017, 11:53:36 AM
Does Belgium not have a bigger claim on /responsibility for Geldoff than Ireland?

He did at least do a decent job at the Self Aid Concert in 1986 deputising for the then recently deceased Phil Lynott,as lead singer of Thin Lizzy during their set.
maybe but thast does no excuse him at all. it this sort of half ass celebrity politics usually that is cbrought on by the arrival of a new movie or album that gets my Goat . but if he was able to fill in for phill lynott that must be alright then.
hey look theres som puppies
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Avondhu star

Quote from: longballin on December 15, 2017, 11:37:26 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 15, 2017, 10:50:53 AM
Quote from: longballin on December 15, 2017, 10:38:13 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 15, 2017, 10:32:47 AM
if Geldof wanted to hand back his award he should have done so in the Shame  in that the woman he now call a murder had Geldolf as her champion.
this all smell very much like a smokescreen (if a smokescreen smells) to cover up his own poor judgement and the misery and deaths he has indirectly caused

You've lost me on the 'misery and deaths he has indirectly caused'.   I'm not a fan of Geldof by any stretch but not sure what you mean.
quiet simple he was promoting Suu Kyi around the world ytelling every one what a wonderful woman and humanitarian she was .
now he has changed his mind  but has  to accept some of the back wash of her actions

I think everyone thought she was until it turned out differently

They thought the same about the revolutionary comrades in South Africa and Zimbabwe. All well able to stick the head in the trough and tuck in.
And for those who claim Mandela wouldnt approve it reminds me of the Germans who said
" If Der Fuhrer knew about this he would be very angry"
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

I nearly pissed myself laughing at this. A totally Irish response to a problem, get rid of Suu Kyi and expressly say that Geldof had a point, but also get a good dig in at Geldof for being a bit of a tit.

Captain Scarlet

A lovely bit of f**k you thrown in by DCC.  :D
I can´t stomach the man. How did we end up with him and Bono?! Can we swap them for the Boss?
Of course, Sir Bob could always win back his honour by actually doing something like organise a homeless event in Dublin, but that might only get him on RTE and he craves the BBC. It also isn't a world issue so who cares, it's just his home town with ordinary people suffering...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Snapchap

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on November 14, 2017, 08:39:36 PM
No matter what you think of Geldof his actions and subsequent publicity have brought the issue of ethnic cleansing in Myanmar to the Board.

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is named 'Bob Geldof' and absolutely no discussion anywhere in the last few days has been about the Myanmar situation. It has all been about Bob Geldof. Which is exactly what Bob Geldof was aiming to do with this whole stunt.

An egotistical, hypocritical lowlife. He is just beneath contempt. Full credit to DCC for showing him a well deserved middle finger.

red hander

Quote from: Snapchap on December 15, 2017, 03:37:22 PM
No matter what you think of Geldof his actions and subsequent publicity have brought the issue of ethnic cleansing in Myanmar to the Board.

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is named 'Bob Geldof' and absolutely no discussion anywhere in the last few days has been about the Myanmar situation. It has all been about Bob Geldof. Which is exactly what Bob Geldof was aiming to do with this whole stunt.

An egotistical, hypocritical lowlife. He is just beneath contempt. Full credit to DCC for showing him a well deserved middle finger.

+1

Itchy

Quote from: red hander on December 15, 2017, 04:17:23 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on December 15, 2017, 03:37:22 PM

+1

Absolutely. 

T Fearon

The Lord Mayor of Dublin was on BBC Radio Ulster's Talkback on lunchtime and took pelters from Cllr Mannix Flynn who inferred this was SF waging a personal vendetta against Geldoff.What's the story there? This was more venomous than a DUP V SF spat?

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 15, 2017, 03:04:02 PM
A lovely bit of f**k you thrown in by DCC.  :D
I can´t stomach the man. How did we end up with him and Bono?! Can we swap them for the Boss?
Of course, Sir Bob could always win back his honour by actually doing something like organise a homeless event in Dublin, but that might only get him on RTE and he craves the BBC. It also isn't a world issue so who cares, it's just his home town with ordinary people suffering...

I blame the drink. Obviously the fathers of Bob and Bonzo spent too much time in the pub, and not enough time at home slapping their two dicks of sons!

Il Bomber Destro

Both Bono and Geldof attended rugby playing schools so hardly that surprising.

square_ball

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 15, 2017, 06:46:13 PM
Both Bono and Geldof attended rugby playing schools so hardly that surprising.

Yeooooooo

Syferus

Joshua Tree is still the greatest Irish album of all time.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on December 15, 2017, 06:59:45 PM
Joshua Tree is still the greatest Irish album of all time.

No it's not