Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

The irony of club manager stopping player playing with county team. #karma  ???

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on April 10, 2015, 09:58:36 AM
Wait until next year when minors are stopped from playing for their clubs. If you are 17/18 and not starting for the minor county you will pull out. This will affect every county.

In Tyrone the starred fixtures will be scrapped this year. Some pressure on the remaining fringe players to pull the plug.

Your dead right... This will be discussed at every club up and down the county.  Other players will be put under pressure by not only club managers but other club players.  The players will almost feel its now their duty to follow suit.  Look at Danny McBride, hardly kicked a ball, will Micky O'Neill join the other Clonoe clan and decide im no.2 and look to what PJ nad Dwayne have done think he is left with no option.  Dungannon will look to Patrick Quinn in a big year for their club back in Senior football.  It could be a domino effect.
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Or to put a more positive spin on it......maybe the panel will have an influx of All-Ireland winning u-21's joining the panel, prepared to put the team ahead of themselves.

TF15

PJ would have played a part against Donegal in the Ulster Championship, yet he decides to leave the panel because he's not starting?? He's played a lot of league games starting against Monaghan and various sub appearances including one on Sunday against Kerry. Surely coming on to mark Marc O'Se, etc will bring you on more than playing against standard club players in Tyrone.

Similarly Quinn getting to start against one of the country's best forward lines in Cork.

Clonoe people yapped about their lads not getting on the Tyrone panel and now a fella playing most games is turning his back on his county team? In recent times it's clear to be seen Clonoe people have created a disdain for the Senior County team bore out of the siege mentality that Cassidy has created. It's always a them and us, East/West, when the vast majority of the county don't build these divisions. 

I'd call up Meyler and McNulty from U21s but sure Danny would probably be told not to go.

Legoman5

I wudnt be surprised it Meyler, McNulty, McGeery and Lee Brennan all get called up!
Ones will say Brennan maybe a bit young just outa minors but Harte will want him in like with what he did to McCurry when he was 18 and he def already has the talent!

Moortown Spuds

Not one of them would agree to join the panel. Why would they. The incumbents thought they were a beaten docket, the U-21s will think the same.

What way does it leave the ACL? Who were Clonoe meant to play their starred fixtures against?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Some crying on hear, didn't hear you crying when we had none selected the past six years. Mickey picked our lads as he could do nothing else due to the drop off in quality players else where in the county. As regards the starred games, we still have 2 players involved.
How Harte failed to give Lavery a regular start is beyond me and others that have posted on this board. Look at the poor type of players who started ahead of him last Sunday again, he must have been cracking up and then to watch a player train one week, who is to slow for the system Tyrone are playing must have just sickened the life out of the remaining panel members. Mc Nulty would be well advised to stay clear from that set up considering how they left him out of football for almost a year when he hurt his back in a Mc Kenna cup last year. Once he got hurt they washed their hands off him and dropped him off the panel.

Onthe40

Lads I think you will find that Joe McMahon has never been away from the panel and has been training all along..there has been some flexibility with him missing sessions but he has always been part of the squad.

Quarterback

Quote from: Onthe40 on April 10, 2015, 12:18:11 PM
Lads I think you will find that Joe McMahon has never been away from the panel and has been training all along..there has been some flexibility with him missing sessions but he has always been part of the squad.

He hasn't been part of the group sessions.  Himself and Dermy Carlin have been training with Peter Donnelly on the side.  Perhaps this running to Garvaghey 5 nights a week is becoming too much for some of the lads involved.   

TF15

Thank you 'Knock Your Mucker In' for giving a better illustration of my point than I could ever hope to have given. Yous need to start digging a moat around the parish!

God14

What an awful mess. How things have deteriorated to this level is beyond me.

The only way this can be sorted out is with a new management team in place. Big call for the Chairwoman coming up in July.

Up The Middle

Whats the big deal lads, the Clonoe lads chose their club over their county, so what. I think its great. Its even better that its annoying a few numptys on here that wouldnt watch a club game on a Sunday but would travel the length and bredth of the country following the county. Priorites are correct in Clonoe as far as im concerned.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

time ticking away

It is sad that these players have left the county panel. There is something inherently wrong with the system when Tyrone people don't want Tyrone to be successful or don't want the best players to make themselves available for the county team. I have no idea how this problem could be solved but it is true that lots of club players would prefer for Tyrone to lose so that any players they might have on the county panel could return to the club.
People on here are saying that county players only miss 5 starred games a year and that this isn't a lot. The starred games are not the issue !! The real issue is that with club championship only 7 weeks away these players will not be available to take part in a training session with their clubs until one week before the biggest game of the club season. The sudden death nature of the championship here is without doubt playing a huge part in these defections. I'm not saying this is fair or otherwise, I just saying this is the main stumbling block. (Clonoe and Carmen must be favourites now... if they weren't already).
I see calls for Meyler to be called up to the county panel. Would that make Omaghs county contingent 7!!! That couldn't be good for their preparations. But at least they aren't putting their players under any undue pressure
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 10, 2015, 12:41:31 PM
Whats the big deal lads, the Clonoe lads chose their club over their county, so what. I think its great. Its even better that its annoying a few numptys on here that wouldnt watch a club game on a Sunday but would travel the length and bredth of the country following the county. Priorites are correct in Clonoe as far as im concerned.

But there wasn't a choice between club and county. The players would still have been available for every key club game and at the same time been given the opportunity to compete and play at the highest level.

Plenty of players have played for Tyrone and had successful club careers, look at gormley canavan etc. errigal ciaran have never had an issue with their players playing for Tyrone and they're the only club that do well in ulster.

Also do you follow people on the board around to know what games they attend?

Man Marker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 10, 2015, 01:14:17 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on April 10, 2015, 12:41:31 PM

But there wasn't a choice between club and county. The players would still have been available for every key club game and at the same time been given the opportunity to compete and play at the highest level.

Plenty of players have played for Tyrone and had successful club careers, look at gormley canavan etc. errigal ciaran have never had an issue with their players playing for Tyrone and they're the only club that do well in ulster.

Also do you follow people on the board around to know what games they attend?

Those players you mention are automatics on the county team, not bench warmers getting no regular football, if your going to post make some sense