USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Quote from: The Stallion on June 16, 2011, 06:37:23 PM
It's astonishing how many people have decided Armagh will win based purely on one decent performance against a massively overrated Down side.

I'll be surprised if Derry don't win by at least 4 or 5 points.

The Derry forwards are far too strong for Armagh, and I confidently predict at least 2 goals for Derry.

I'll be back on Sunday evening to boast about my Nostradamus-like predictions coming true.

The Stallion.

True to my word, i'm back to boast about my prediction. They say self-praise is no praise at all - they're wrong.

Great performances all over the park, and man of the match wasn't even on the pitch - John Brennan got it spot on today.

It came as no surprise to see how today panned out, it was shocking how wrong the bookies and pundits were, and there was serious money to be made. Hopefully some of you heeded my tips.

oakleaf stateside

he played on the left he played on the right that boy skinner made armagh look shite ;)
Dont Do It

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Gaffer

Quote from: The Stallion on June 19, 2011, 08:26:19 PM
It's astonishing how many people have decided Armagh will win based purely on one decent performance against a massively overrated Down side.

The Derry forwards are far too strong for Armagh, and I confidently predict at least 2 goals for Derry.

I'll be back on Sunday evening to boast about my Nostradamus-like predictions coming true.

The Stallion.

True to my word, i'm back to boast about my prediction. They say self-praise is no praise at all - they're wrong.

Great performances all over the park, and man of the match wasn't even on the pitch - John Brennan got it spot on today.

It came as no surprise to see how today panned out, it was shocking how wrong the bookies and pundits were, and there was serious money to be made. Hopefully some of you heeded my tips.

OK. Prediction for Tyrone/Donegal please?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Blowitupref

The Stallion.

Well done Nostradamus however Derry have to make sure now they don't fall into the same trap as Monaghan did last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gaffer on June 19, 2011, 09:21:48 PM

The Stallion.

OK. Prediction for Tyrone/Donegal please?
Brolly and Spillane both backed Donegal today.

imtommygunn

Good game of football - biggest problem was that Armagh just didn't win anywhere near enough possession. Not much was made of Derry's midfield but Armagh's midfield hardly had a look-in.

I thought tactically Armagh got a few things wrong. Mallon on Bradley from the start would have made a fair diffence. Also taking Ciaran McKeever away from break ball area was a big problem for Armagh. He's their best winner of break ball and was probably one of the reasons they were starved of possession.

Brennan got a lot of things right. I dunno if McCloy was injured but he couldn't have coped with any of Armagh's forwards. Muldoon playing further outfield worked wonders and taking of McAlary really needed to be done. Bradley in that form is unmarkable.

It has the makings of an interesting final. Derry - Tyrone always has a wee edge to it so no offense to Donegal but I'd rather see it happen...

DoireGael

Great day, a serious amount of travelling done but its all worth it to see a great performance by Derry and finally an Ulster Final.

naka

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on June 19, 2011, 09:09:57 PM
he played on the left he played on the right that boy skinner made armagh look shit ;)
On another day he could have got the line for the cowardly stunt on andy Mallon   Again Brennan saw this and took him off

Orior

Well done to the in-breds.

You've had great players for 5-6 years so its about time you went out and did it in Ulster and the AI.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

andoireabu

Quote from: naka on June 19, 2011, 09:42:43 PM
he played on the left he played on the right that boy skinner made armagh look shit ;)
On another day he could have got the line for the cowardly stunt on andy Mallon   Again Brennan saw this and took him off
What did he do?  Thought Mallon was lucky to stay on at the end.  To grab a man by the throat is stupid and in front of the ref as well!  Thought Coldrick shit himself on that one.

Great to see Derry playing football like that again and hope they can bring the Anglo Celt up this way in a few weeks.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

screenmachine

He kicked the ball of his shins, hardly a cowardly stunt.  Mallon looked to be going for the windpipe pincer movement which seemed a bit more of a cowardly stunt to be honest. 
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: screenmachine on June 19, 2011, 09:55:25 PM

He kicked the ball of his shins, hardly a cowardly stunt.  Mallon looked to be going for the windpipe pincer movement which seemed a bit more of a cowardly stunt to be honest.
+1
Dont Do It

tbrick18

Quote from: Abble on June 18, 2011, 10:01:25 PM
Quote from: lemallon on June 18, 2011, 12:13:33 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 12:08:16 AM
Why is 3 rows from the front "one of the worst seats possible"?

You cant be serious hardstation.  All you see is legs and have absolutely no perspective on flight of the ball or players positioning.  It is terrible place to be.  They can stuff it.  Ill be going to the hill and you can have ticket if you want.  NO CHARGE.

le get yourself down to those seats behind the far goals, crackin view from the high seats there, my fav spot in clones.

i mind being there time we played derry in the qualifiers and we made mccloy look like a feckin genius, hopefully he's exposed left right and centre tomorrow, would make me day

lol!
Good lad abble....I'd nearly go to belfast in the mornin for the craic!

Gaffer

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on June 19, 2011, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: screenmachine on June 19, 2011, 09:55:25 PM

+1

Agreed. A total over reaction by Mallon. Those sort of scenes should not be witnessed. I would have been happy to see Mallon being sent off for that.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"