Admission prices---the GAA are killing the goose that lays the golden egg

Started by samwin08, May 15, 2011, 08:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwin08

I saw Pauric Duffy and his wife at the match today, but he did not have to pay €54.00.  I was at match with my wife and 3 grown up children, 2 of whom are unemployed.I paid €135.00. We have always been a GAA family.
Why is preliminary round so expensive?
Why is a first round game so expensive?
It is time club delegates made their views known,

DoireGael

snoopdog

thejuice

Does anyone have a pricing schedule? Not that I have any fear of Meath getting to a provincial final this year but I imagine they'll be about €35 at the at stage.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

donegal lad

Was 15 into terrace and will be the same all ulster championship 10 for students which is reasonable if you ask me

neilthemac

the GAA lost the run of themselves many years ago with the price of tickets

mylestheslasher

Quote from: samwin08 on May 15, 2011, 08:20:30 PM
I saw Pauric Duffy and his wife at the match today, but he did not have to pay €54.00.  I was at match with my wife and 3 grown up children, 2 of whom are unemployed.I paid €135.00. We have always been a GAA family.

Why didn't you go into the terrace it send the unemployed boys there. You can hardly pay for the highest price seats and then go moaning about the price afterwards!

lfdown2

How much do people see as a reasonable price for 3 hr's entertainment (quality of football aside)?

donegal lad

Find it funny that people come on here complain they are unemployed and had pay 27 into the stand when no one made you go to the stand in the 1st place

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: donegal lad on May 15, 2011, 11:19:51 PM
Find it funny that people come on here complain they are unemployed and had pay 27 into the stand when no one made you go to the stand in the 1st place
he was not unemployed 2 of his kids wer. then that retard said on BBC to bring the first game to croke park its ok for him he gets paid till go to game and talk a load af balls
Dont Do It

donegal lad

But no1 made him take them to the stand in the 1st place  that's the point i was trying to make I'm an unemployed student so wouldn't dream of going to the stand at that price but I've been at all but 2 games this year

PAULD123

Quote from: samwin08 on May 15, 2011, 08:20:30 PM

Why didn't you stand? it is not expensive and it would have cost you only €68 for all five of you to see the match. I think the comments above are correct. If you want to see the game and you are on a tight budget then there is a pricing structure for you - The terrace.  I'm sorry but I do not think the prices are high at all. No other form of entertainment provides as much value for money as the GAA. Just an sample of events from around the same time:

Ireland vs Pakistan (cricket) - £25 (uncovered)

Michael Ball (Waterfront) - £33 - £38

Katherine Jenkins - £55-70

Spamalot (Dublin) - €35 - €50

Rep Ireland vs N. Ireland (Dublin) - €30 - €75

Magners League semi (Leinster vs Ulster) - €25 - €50

I think the GAA offers excellent value for money. I love sport and attend Soccer, Rugby, GAA and Horse racing. I've been to soccer world cup games, rugby world cup games, the Heinekan Cup final, Cheltenham, and quiet a few All-Ireland finals. The GAA is by a mile the cheapest and the entertainment is at least as good and often better.

highorlow

QuoteIreland vs Pakistan (cricket) - £25 (uncovered)

Michael Ball (Waterfront) - £33 - £38

Katherine Jenkins - £55-70

Spamalot (Dublin) - €35 - €50

Rep Ireland vs N. Ireland (Dublin) - €30 - €75

Magners League semi (Leinster vs Ulster) - €25 - €50

DONEGAL v ANTRIM - PRICELESS
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go