Philip Jordan

Started by up tyrone, April 04, 2011, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on April 04, 2011, 08:31:48 PM
Definitely true. A great servant for Tyrone.

Begrudgingly agreed on the great servant bit. Whilst he wouldnt have made it onto the 2002 Armagh team, he would have been a regular after McCann retired.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on April 04, 2011, 08:31:48 PM
Definitely true. A great servant for Tyrone.

A very understated tribute - usually reserved for the journeymen.

A Tyrone legend might be more apt.

oakleaf stateside

A class act he was in the tyrone shirt. but as a derry man im glad to see the back af him
Dont Do It

Jinxy

Savage player.
If he has retired, he's gone out at the top of his game and I'm glad he didn't wait till after Sunday!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Norf Tyrone

Is this confirmed as true?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

supersarsfields

Class act. Tyrone's Mr Consistant since 2003. Sometimes that term is used for players who don't stand out throughout their career. Not so for Jordan.  In the top 3 players most years for Tyrone. Will be sorely missed. 

sammymaguire

I'm sure Mickey will unearth another no.7 to replace him quickly enough  ::)

move on lads, nothing to see here  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Fuzzman

Mr Consistent has been his main label over the past 10 years and he has come back time and time again from bad injuries but it sounds like it has all caught up with him this time and he has possibly been advised to not play any more.

Shame on those who aren't man enough to admit he has been one of the best wing backs over the past 10 years and has shown a great will to win. He's a tough nut too but was never purposely a dirty player.
I think if he didn't live so near the Armagh border he wouldn't haven't had the same hatred towards him from the Apple Munchers.

Thanks Phillip for your huge efforts for the Red Hand cause and I hope you enjoy your club football should you play on.

omagh_gael

Shocked to hear this news, totally out of the blue. The 'Tyrone' model encapsulated in one player. A legend whose true worth and brilliance will mature with the years. A testament to the man is that I can't pick out a bad championship performance through out the last decade or so. My highlight was his performance versus Wexford in 08 semi final, superb.

Fair play to Philip Jordan. A class act.

However, a strange time to retire after working his way back to full fitness after a bad injury? 

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NP 76

Sorry to hear that great player on a great team always gave his all a player i admired and enjoyed watching

Fuzzman

Strange timing for us cos we don't know why yet but maybe it will all make sense when it all comes out.

He's the second Moy man to retire now in the last year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Stunned by this news: was looking forward to another tip-top Championship season from him, after his successful return yesterday.

He owes Tyrone absolutely nothing; what a fantastic player he has been over the last 14 years, at all levels. A massive loss.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mr. Nakata

I remember there was talk last year that he wanted to give a few years good service to his club when he was still on top of his game. All-Irelands and All-stars on the mantlepiece, it really is the mark of the man. Unquestionably my favourite player over the last 8 years. I am gutted at this news. f**king properly depressed I am.... I can only hope that this leaves an opening for Justy to move further up the park.

Orangemac

Surprising news all right. Was he not on the bench yesterday?

Was probably Tyrones best player last year and 1 of the best wingbacks over the last 15 years (2003 theatrics aside).