NFL Division 2 2011

Started by Jinxy, January 31, 2011, 11:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2011, 09:36:07 AM
Quote from: thejuice on April 04, 2011, 12:31:12 AM
I assume if both Antrim and Meath win next week and Sligo lose we go down since Antrim beat us irrespective of points difference.

Yep.
We need Antrim and Sligo to lose.

I've made 'worser' (Kilbride English) bets.

Us winning is another matter.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Bogball XV

Quote from: donegal lad on April 04, 2011, 12:38:39 AM
Quote from: Bluebell on April 04, 2011, 12:25:26 AM
Somebody take a shot at the promotion battle in division 2. Do Derry stand a chance if they hammer Antrim at Casement next Sunday?
as far as i can understand if donegal beat laois next weekend all derry have to do is win there game as it wouldnt matter how tyrones game goes as derry won the head to head against them
As long as Laois don't win, Derry just need a victory against Antrim to take the 2nd spot.  If Laois win Derry would need to win by roughly 30 pts!!

There a few interesting sub-plots in the derry game, namely Baker managing Antrim and his 2 sons (think eoin back from suspension next week, though unlikely to start) playing for Derry.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 04, 2011, 11:22:39 AM
Somebody take a shot at the promotion battle in division 2. Do Derry stand a chance if they hammer Antrim at Casement next Sunday?
as far as i can understand if donegal beat laois next weekend all derry have to do is win there game as it wouldnt matter how tyrones game goes as derry won the head to head against them
As long as Laois don't win, Derry just need a victory against Antrim to take the 2nd spot.  If Laois win Derry would need to win by roughly 30 pts!!

There a few interesting sub-plots in the derry game, namely Baker managing Antrim and his 2 sons (think eoin back from suspension next week, though unlikely to start) playing for Derry.

The Antrim boys I know have been talking about this scenario for weeks. Ever since they beat Meath, they have been convinced that they would stay up. A win over Derry, coupled with Sligo losing would guarantee another year in Division 2. When you note the family ties, the likelihood that Derry won't be promoted even with a win, a guaranteed 2 points for the Oakleafers next year and the not unattractive 6/1 being offered on Antrim, it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if the Derry men were unable to raise a gallop.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Bogball XV

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 04, 2011, 11:57:43 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on April 04, 2011, 11:22:39 AM

The Antrim boys I know have been talking about this scenario for weeks. Ever since they beat Meath, they have been convinced that they would stay up. A win over Derry, coupled with Sligo losing would guarantee another year in Division 2. When you note the family ties, the likelihood that Derry won't be promoted even with a win, a guaranteed 2 points for the Oakleafers next year and the not unattractive 6/1 being offered on Antrim, it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if the Derry men were unable to raise a gallop.
6/1 Antrim, who's offering that?  Not that any Derry men would ever have been involved in a betting coup like that in a league game, and certainly not any Lavey connections.
I think a derry win would be enough to get promoted as I don't see Laois beating Donegal.

Fuzzman

Laois are home to Donegal so I think this could be a cracker game.

If Donegal & Derry both win then both will be promoted no matter how Tyrone does.

If Laois beat Donegal & Derry beat Antrim then all four will have 10 points so it goes to score difference.
Tyrone are currently -4 behind Laois with Derry miles behind again.

So Tyrone would need to beat Meath by four points or more than what Laois beat Donegal for Tyrone & Donegal to get promoted. I can't see Donegal's huge score difference being caught.

Could Donegal offer Laois a deal where they let them win by 5 or 6 points so both go up and meet again in the NFL Div 2 final. Haha

I'd say Donegal wouldn't want to be meeting Tyrone or Derry in the final so close to the start of the championship.

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2011, 03:26:38 PM
Laois are home to Donegal so I think this could be a cracker game.

If Donegal & Derry both win then both will be promoted no matter how Tyrone does.

If Laois beat Donegal & Derry beat Antrim then all four will have 10 points so it goes to score difference.
Tyrone are currently -4 behind Laois with Derry miles behind again.

So Tyrone would need to beat Meath by four points or more than what Laois beat Donegal for Tyrone & Donegal to get promoted. I can't see Donegal's huge score difference being caught.

Could Donegal offer Laois a deal where they let them win by 5 or 6 points so both go up and meet again in the NFL Div 2 final. Haha

I'd say Donegal wouldn't want to be meeting Tyrone or Derry in the final so close to the start of the championship.
o never though of that lol
Dont Do It

drici