Mayo v Cork McHale Park 03/04/2011

Started by maigheo, March 29, 2011, 01:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

I agree, the next game is a must win for Monaghan and is the place to test players, the challenge games will not match this next game for intensity. By the way I am not saying the hennelly is not a good keeper, he was caught out badly for that particular goal and the forward in question knew exactly what to do.
It would be a killer to lose a big game later this summer because of a goal like that.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: mannix on April 05, 2011, 03:54:10 AM
I agree, the next game is a must win for Monaghan and is the place to test players, the challenge games will not match this next game for intensity. By the way I am not saying the hennelly is not a good keeper, he was caught out badly for that particular goal and the forward in question knew exactly what to do.
It would be a killer to lose a big game later this summer because of a goal like that.

He shouldn't have come for that ball but when you've seen your full-back line destroyed in the air for two goals in the first fifteen minutes already, you'd be inclined to think you need to come and contest it. In fairness to him the Dublin game saw him make two mistakes and that has been it. He's a top class 'keeper and I think Horan knows as much. If Clarke was starting in championship, then he would have got the start against Cork. I think that is instructive of how Horan is thinking.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year