Radiohead - In Rainbows

Started by unforgiven, September 26, 2008, 05:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unforgiven

does anyone else listen to this album everyday and continue to be impressed?

nifan

i dont listen to it everyday, but it is a very good album.

Over the Bar

Anyone who listens to ANY album EVERY day needs to get out more.

screenexile

Depressing noise not impressed by it much at all!

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0526/703859-thom-yorke-has-written-an-18-day-long-song/

Thom Yorke has written an 18-day-long song

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke has written a song that is 432 hours long for frequent collaborator Stanley Donwood's The Panic Office art exhibition in Sydney.

The exhibition lasts eighteen days, and the piece of music, named Subterranea, will span its entire length.

No two minutes of the work's 25,920 minutes are alike, with Australian radio station Triple J saying that it is "an eerie mix of ambient textures, experimental sounds, and field recordings", apparently similar in style to Yorke's solo album Tomorrow's Modern Boxes.

Donwood is an English artist who has designed all of Radiohead's album covers from The Bends onwards. He also collaborated with Yorke on the Dead Children Playing picture book in 2007.

There are currently no plans for the music to be released outside of the exhibition.

Interesting, you would need more than two weeks off work just to listen to the song once. Unless you can listen at work, like half of you lazy f*ckers seems to be able to do!
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

As boring as it would be listening to an 18 day long song it would still be better than watching an Ulster football match.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

18 days - that's nearly as long as Laois's intercounty championship season lasts.

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on May 26, 2015, 01:05:43 PM
http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0526/703859-thom-yorke-has-written-an-18-day-long-song/

Thom Yorke has written an 18-day-long song

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke has written a song that is 432 hours long for frequent collaborator Stanley Donwood's The Panic Office art exhibition in Sydney.

The exhibition lasts eighteen days, and the piece of music, named Subterranea, will span its entire length.

No two minutes of the work's 25,920 minutes are alike, with Australian radio station Triple J saying that it is "an eerie mix of ambient textures, experimental sounds, and field recordings", apparently similar in style to Yorke's solo album Tomorrow's Modern Boxes.

Donwood is an English artist who has designed all of Radiohead's album covers from The Bends onwards. He also collaborated with Yorke on the Dead Children Playing picture book in 2007.

There are currently no plans for the music to be released outside of the exhibition.

Interesting, you would need more than two weeks off work just to listen to the song once. Unless you can listen at work, like half of you lazy f*ckers seems to be able to do!

Sure that's not a song. I could go down to the banks of the mulcair for 2 weeks with a tape recorder, the sound of the water, the birds, the wind in the trees etc, and call it a song too :)

haveaharp

Quote from: Bingo on May 26, 2015, 02:28:36 PM
18 days - that's nearly as long as Laois's intercounty championship season lasts.

Aye the aul backdoor does drag it out a bit.

JoG2

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 26, 2008, 09:13:53 AM

Anyone who trolls this forum everyday should definitely get out more

Superb album btw

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JoG2 on May 26, 2015, 03:05:39 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on September 26, 2008, 09:13:53 AM

Anyone who trolls this forum everyday should definitely get out more

Superb album btw
I agree, great album. The more i listen to it, possibly even their best
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

foxcommander

Watch the "in rainbows - from the basement" session on youtube for the full effect of the album. Even better version of Reckoner and the added bonus track of "Where I end and you begin" at the end of the show.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Fell out of touch with Radiohead after Amnesiac.

Must give this a listen (In Rainbows, not the other thing!).