McGeeney in Hospital?

Started by unforgiven, June 15, 2008, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unforgiven

Anyone know why Kieran McGeeney is in hospital?  Heard jarlath Burns wishing him well in tv today

ONeill

Yes, the BBC crew seemed a wee bit sombre about this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Goats Do Shave

ziggysego

God, I hope it's nothing too serious.
Testing Accessibility

laoisgaa

Stomach pains apparently - think he's out now

laoisgaa

McGeeney released from hospital
By Cóilín Duffy

It has emerged that new Kildare Senior Football manager Kieran McGeeney has been released from hospital, just four weeks after the Lilywhites loss to Wicklow in the opening round of the Leinster Senior Football Championship.

It is understood that the 36-year old was suffering from stomach problems, but has been given the all-clear by doctors

The three-times All-Star award winner had been given the full-backing of panellist Eoin Naughton last week, who said that the players were fully behind McGeeney.

The Armagh native had been under pressure from supporters and the media following Kildare's premature exit in the Leinster Championship, after Wicklow's historic victory over them on May 18th at Croke Park.

However it is understood that McGeeney's stint in hospital is not stress related.

McGeeney was wished well by his former Armagh football colleague Jarlath Burns and the other BBC GAA staff during the Northern Ireland broadcasters' The Championship programme on Sunday.

thehulk!!

kildare may have a chance now??

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 16, 2008, 01:59:02 PM
McGeeney released from hospital
By Cóilín Duffy

It has emerged that new Kildare Senior Football manager Kieran McGeeney has been released from hospital, just four weeks after the Lilywhites loss to Wicklow in the opening round of the Leinster Senior Football Championship.

It is understood that the 36-year old was suffering from stomach problems, but has been given the all-clear by doctors

The three-times All-Star award winner had been given the full-backing of panellist Eoin Naughton last week, who said that the players were fully behind McGeeney.

The Armagh native had been under pressure from supporters and the media following Kildare’s premature exit in the Leinster Championship, after Wicklow’s historic victory over them on May 18th at Croke Park.

However it is understood that McGeeney’s stint in hospital is not stress related.

McGeeney was wished well by his former Armagh football colleague Jarlath Burns and the other BBC GAA staff during the Northern Ireland broadcasters’ The Championship programme on Sunday.

How is it that only a panellist stepped forward to back him? That seems a bit unusual. Like Mark Ronaldson saying John O'Mahony had the full backing of the Mayo squad
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Billys Boots

QuoteHow is it that only a panellist stepped forward to back him?

Sure no-one important would talk to Cóilín.   :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoisgaa

Ah it just happened that I interviewed Eoin Naughton at the Ulster Bank Rising Stars awards last week at that's why that line was included! Nothing unusual in it!

Jinxy

I knew eating that much fruit couldn't be good for you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

T Fearon

Mc Geeney is immortal and will live to the age of 233.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: T Fearon on June 18, 2008, 03:44:55 PM
Mc Geeney is immortal and will live to the age of 233.

need I point out the contradiction??
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Sligoper

Mark Ronaldson backing would also hold more weight!
Go on the Bunnies!

timmykelleher

Quoteneed I point out the contradiction??
The next quickening is happening in 200 years time.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009