Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán Ulster Semi Replay 4pm 03/07/2016 @Clones

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 29, 2016, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Doubt very much the game will be on tv. BBC are only allowed to show the games that rte are showing in Ulster. There's two provincial finals on that day so I'm sure RTE won't be letting bbc go head to head with them. Hopefully the weather is a bit more kind next day out.

beer baron

Any time been confirmed for the game yet? I'm meant  to be flying to Portugal that day and hoping it's a late throwin so I can catch the game when I land. Either that or I might change my flight.

ziggysego

Didn't something like this occur a few years ago and the BBC streamed it on their website?
Testing Accessibility

Redhand Santa

Quote from: beer baron on June 20, 2016, 10:56:16 AM
Any time been confirmed for the game yet? I'm meant  to be flying to Portugal that day and hoping it's a late throwin so I can catch the game when I land. Either that or I might change my flight.

It hasn't been confirmed. The most likely is 3.30 with no tv coverage. I'd be surprised if bbc were allowed to show it. RTE a few years ago used to show the odd additional game on their website, I'd imagine its unlikely though.

Fuzzman

Why is it not sooner like this weekend?
Could it not have been in Clones on Sunday?

Redhand Santa

Good question. Surprised its not given its going to mess up the qualifier fixtures now for rounds 2 and 3 on the a side.

ziggysego

Quote from: the_daddy on June 20, 2016, 12:03:30 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 20, 2016, 11:55:39 AM
Good question. Surprised its not given its going to mess up the qualifier fixtures now for rounds 2 and 3 on the a side.

Ulster Council may have jumped the gun - I think it'll have to be this Sunday. If not, the losers would potentially be playing 5 weeks on the trot if they got to an All Ireland QF.

If they don't, then it will be at least 4 weeks before the league resumes in Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

beer baron

It'd be a nice double header with the Monaghan Donegal game but that'd mean them losing out on money so won't be happening  ;D

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: beer baron on June 20, 2016, 12:20:35 PM
It'd be a nice double header with the Monaghan Donegal game but that'd mean them losing out on money so won't be happening  ;D

Nowhere in Ulster would have the capacity for both games together. Can't understand why it can't be this coming Sunday, doesn't break the 6 day rule nor should it be influenced by TV..

I'll be down that way for the Mon/Don game so I vote for Sunday in Clones!

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: the_daddy on June 20, 2016, 12:22:51 PM
Quote from: beer baron on June 20, 2016, 12:20:35 PM

Move it to Croker  ;)

Controversial..  ;)

Itchy

This game is far from over for Cavan. The way I look at it Tyrone did a great job nullifying our best scoring players. If you had said Gearoid or Johnston would be anonymous for the full game then you would expect a Tyrone easy victory. In my opinion Cavan can be more flexible in how they approach a game than Tyrone who have a pretty rigid system the stick to.

I think if Hyland can do the following the next day we have a good chance of prevailing...

- figure out tactically how to get Johnston and McKiernan into the game.
- Leave Clarke in the middle
- Get Jason McLoughlin back from injury, he would be better fit to mark Ronan O Neill.

The one big watch out for us is how Tyrone set up for our Kickouts which were exceptional the last day, you imagine Harte will see that as a key thing to target.

Thats my opinion on it anyway.

omagh_gael

What was the difference in the second half regarding Galligan's kick outs? Or was it a case that his first half standards were impossible to maintain for 70 minutes?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Itchy on June 20, 2016, 01:56:29 PM
This game is far from over for Cavan. The way I look at it Tyrone did a great job nullifying our best scoring players. If you had said Gearoid or Johnston would be anonymous for the full game then you would expect a Tyrone easy victory. In my opinion Cavan can be more flexible in how they approach a game than Tyrone who have a pretty rigid system the stick to.

I think if Hyland can do the following the next day we have a good chance of prevailing...

- figure out tactically how to get Johnston and McKiernan into the game.
- Leave Clarke in the middle
- Get Jason McLoughlin back from injury, he would be better fit to mark Ronan O Neill.

The one big watch out for us is how Tyrone set up for our Kickouts which were exceptional the last day, you imagine Harte will see that as a key thing to target.

Thats my opinion on it anyway.

I expected Harte to have both of them worked out, which he did. Why was Johnston played out around the middle though? Every time he got on the ball he faced into 4 or 5 Tyrone men who swallowed him up every time.. It may have been done provide more room for Givney inside. Givney was very good but he was isolated several times and had no 'off the shoulder' option. I'd have a 2 man full forward line of Givney and Johnston (like the Armagh game?) and let them work off other..

The Trap

Can anyone explain why the replay is not this Sunday?

sensethetone

Quote from: The Trap on June 20, 2016, 03:10:50 PM
Can anyone explain why the replay is not this Sunday?

There's a lot of cemetery Sunday's on?