Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenyears

I am so sick of this retarded childish back+forward between fk wits on here

Plz change the record lads - you're going on like kids now.

T Fearon

Know how you feel. But we are constantly tying to put manners on Trevor Hill, 5Sams and An Dubh Droicht. It is a long arduous and largely thankless task, with no guarantee of a successful outcome

nrico2006

Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2010, 04:21:47 PM
What was Mc Cartan talking about in the Irsih News pre warning Marty that "he would come in for special attention" and to keep calm ???

FFS This lad has a long way to go before he's anything special. I mean last Wednesday in Croke Park I watched Joe Canning (at 21 he's about the same age as Clarke roughly) score 12 points and play Ballyhale practically on his own. All I saw from Clarke on Saturday night was a point from distance on the right. This lad is a long long road from superstardom, and must be the most over  hyped young player in the Country, just as for years Benny Coulter was over hyped.

I would actually agree with TF's post.  For all the talk and hype around Clarke, a few points from play in 5 or 6 games isn't exactly setting the world alight.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maiden1

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 24, 2010, 09:42:57 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2010, 04:21:47 PM
What was Mc Cartan talking about in the Irsih News pre warning Marty that "he would come in for special attention" and to keep calm ???

FFS This lad has a long way to go before he's anything special. I mean last Wednesday in Croke Park I watched Joe Canning (at 21 he's about the same age as Clarke roughly) score 12 points and play Ballyhale practically on his own. All I saw from Clarke on Saturday night was a point from distance on the right. This lad is a long long road from superstardom, and must be the most over  hyped young player in the Country, just as for years Benny Coulter was over hyped.

I would actually agree with TF's post.  For all the talk and hype around Clarke, a few points from play in 5 or 6 games isn't exactly setting the world alight.

9 points from 5 games, with big wins over Kildare, Meath and Armagh not much more Down or Marty Clarke can do at this stage.  It's better that the scores are coming from a range of players 2 Clarkes, Benny, Hughes, Rodgers, Laverty etc.  Otherwise the opposition can just concentrate there efforts on stopping 1 or 2 players getting the ball, like Down tried to do putting an extra man in front of Stevie.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

mackers

In fairness our management team didn't help that matter by taking Forker and Henderson off.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Trevor Hill

Martin has scored 14 points in Downs opening 5 games, 7 from play. Not a bad tally for a playmaker. John has scored 12 points, all but one from play. It is no coincidence that John is playing his best football now that he has such a good supply of ball. Martin does all the simple things well without being too flash or showy. A bit like Greg Blaney. Only Paul McComiskey has scored more than Martin 1-12, though 9 of those points have been frees, Paul has played one game less. The big difference this year is that every one of the forwards are chipping in with scores.

Trevor Hill

downgirl

So what exactly happened Marty Clarke?  Was it just bruised ribs??

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: downgirl on March 24, 2010, 03:25:28 PM

Na, they were just resting him for the Westmeath game. By the time he went off he had done enough damage - Armagh were well and trully beaten!

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on March 24, 2010, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: downgirl on March 24, 2010, 03:25:28 PM

Na, they were just resting him for the Westmeath game. By the time he went off he had done enough damage - Armagh were well and trully beaten!

Overrated to say the least, It's like the Liverpool fans thinking Lucas is good.

Gaaboardmod3

For Jaysus' sake. I'm after wasting about 45 minutes of my life wading through some of the most juvenile bullcrap it has been my misfortune to read.

Couple of points.

1) We are not on here 24/7, so there is some responsibility on all posters to adhere to basic levels of behaviour and conduct. If you cannot conduct yourself online like an adult, do not expect to be treated as one. I am fine and willing to clarify aspects of decisions here if you contact me via PM, as long as you act with a bit of decency.

2) We do not, and cannot, (as far as I know) view PMs. If anyone is receiving PMs they feel are abusive or out of order, then by all means send me on a copy of the PM and I'll deal with it. Don't rely on my ESP powers, as they've been battered by guinness and life.

3) This thread has seen a couple of new lows in my opinion. I know that some short bans were handed out earlier in the thread, but some of the stuff posted here, even since then,  could well merit longer bans. Bringing people's personal life, or family, into a childish slagging match is bad enough, but some of the insults about someone who is, after all, an innocent party in this is absolutely out of order. If that happens again, it is permanent ban time.

4) Some of the invective spewed about a particular Armagh player is completely out of order. Why not try this rule of thumb. If you wouldn't say it to his face, don't say it here behind a mask of anonymity. It's cowardly. Criticism is fine, that's all debate, but some of you reached the depths there without any proof to back it up.

5) I've said it on another thread already, before I read this one. This rubbish between Trevor Hill and T. Fearon has to stop right here. GAABoard is not your private conker fighting playground. Take it somewhere else if you want to insult the bejaysus out of each other, but it will not be tolerated here. There are mechanisms for reporting issues, and if they are not addressed to your satisfaction, you can ask for clarification.

But let this be clarification enough for both of ye. I don't care what has happened up to now, but if this continues between ye, ye will both be banned permanently. End of story.

I'm sorry for other people reading this if this comes across as trying to be a hard man, it's not intended that way, but this stuff would just wear you down.

OK? Thanks, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

omagh_gael

western exile