Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

First of all i would like to congratulate the mourne men for the work that has been put into getting the ground in good shape, the lights, the stand, the pitch were all fantastic.

On the game itself, i was bitterly disappointed leaving the grounds, not so much about getting beat, but the manner in which Armagh lay down and took it. there was no fight or grit to get thmeselves pulled back into it.

my reading into the whole thing was very simple, we are one midfileder and 4-5 forwards short of a team, Toner worked really hard and done well in the 1st half but i said to the boys there is no way he will keep this up for the full game and i was right. there was no communication, 2-3 men going for the one ball. (Prime example the goal)

Aaron Kernan is not a CHF and never will be, Feeney needs a big massive set of Wing Mirrors, every time the ball came near him he couldnt wait to get rid of it.

I thought Henderson and forker were unlucky to be taken off, POR could have tried something else like moving forker or Henderson out out and take Feeny off, or try swift in on the sqaure but like someone else has already stated the CF's were sacrafised again.

and WTF was mc keever doing waving to the crowd whilst going off, you would think we were the team that was 7-8 points up.

A lot of work to be done and not an awful lot of time to do it, the attacking / midfield sectors are worrying. we need forwards that can take scores,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Final Whistle

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 22, 2010, 10:59:27 AM
Quote from: Final Whistle on March 22, 2010, 10:35:08 AM
Will the CCCC be looking into the antics of a South Armagh man on Saturday evening?

Would this be the UFO on the Warrenpoint Rd about 20.55 on Saturday? Police received reports that an Unidentified Fat Object was speeding in the Direction of Kilmorey Street some 15 minutes before the game ended. The Unidentified Fat Object was being trailed by a Swamp Donkey. The police helicopter lost sight of the culprits in the vicinity of Kentucky Fried Chicken on Bridge Street. Police are also trying to trace the owner of 2 Armagh season tickets found lying in a puddle of grease and chicken bones. No chips have been retrieved as yet.

lol-no, im talking about the antics mckeever was at. thuggish to say the least.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Final Whistle on March 22, 2010, 11:03:07 AM
Will the CCCC be looking into the antics of a South Armagh man on Saturday evening?

Would this be the UFO on the Warrenpoint Rd about 20.55 on Saturday? Police received reports that an Unidentified Fat Object was speeding in the Direction of Kilmorey Street some 15 minutes before the game ended. The Unidentified Fat Object was being trailed by a Swamp Donkey. The police helicopter lost sight of the culprits in the vicinity of Kentucky Fried Chicken on Bridge Street. Police are also trying to trace the owner of 2 Armagh season tickets found lying in a puddle of grease and chicken bones. No chips have been retrieved as yet.

McKeever is as much to be pitied than laughed at, a bit like Fearon really. What would you expect from either, at least McKeever has the excuse of coming from Cullyhanna, he knows no better. Fearon should have learned some decency having spent so much time working and now living in county Down.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Final Whistle on March 22, 2010, 11:03:07 AM

Couldnt really be bothered pulling through pages of posts here, what exactly has Mc Keever supposed to have done coz i could see what happened from where i was

Brick Tamlin

Its getting tiring now Trevor Hill, and im a Down man. Ye wanna abuse the idiot then send him a few private messages. Can we not stick to the title of the thread.

Doogie Browser

McKeever seems intent on creating a 'Francie' like myth about himself, when frankly (should that be francely) he is not in the big mans league.

T Fearon

Mc Keever rightly responded to the adulation of his adoring fans (including myself), on their feet in the main stand. I wish more players did this, it shows they care and value their fans.

Too much negativity from Armagh fans here. The team is a work in progress and while there are lessons to be learned there is no need for widespread panic. We are not as good as the home wins against Kildare and Westmeath would suggest nor as bad as the defeat on Saturday night either (I still maintain had we not had Mo sent off, things could well have been a lot different).

Put it behind us and move on. Down were bound to beat us one day

naka

ffs mc keever did nothing wrong save for becoming involved with the crowd, gaa is a physical game 
move on from it, POR and the rest of aramagh`s management team  and squadhave a big weekend ahead of themselves because the jury is out on a lot of players and mentors
hearty should get his chance again, half forward line should be radically altered, i would take stephen harold from cruppen onto the panel as he adds more than malachy o rourke,
hearty
a mallon, donaghy,  duffy
mc keever vernon, ak
toner laverty

Forker,bmallon, swift
mc donnell, henderson, jamie clarke( if aramgh out of u-21s) otherwise another
assuming dyas and clarke still injured

Onion Bag

The team i would like to see

Hearty (Ive seen enough of Mc Evoy, so Hearty is the obvious choice)
Mallon
Donaghy
Duffy
Dyas
Mc Keever
A Kernan
Toner
Vernon
Swift
Mallon
forker
Mc Donnell
R Clarke
J Clarke

AFS

Did the TV coverage show any incidents involving McKeever and Clarke, I've it Sky+ed but haven't faced up to watching it yet? I'm assuming comments like these, from those not in attendance on Saturday night, are inspired by video evidence rather than some of the hysterical hearsay by overprotective partisan supporters here and elsewhere.

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 22, 2010, 11:16:23 AM
McKeever seems intent on creating a 'Francie' like myth about himself, when frankly (should that be francely) he is not in the big mans league.

T Fearon

Too many Armagh fans it seems are fickle and can't see beyond one game. Remember Hearty's howler in Navan? It was even worse than Mc Evoy's.

Bascially the team that started last Saturday night have served us well up to this, and deserve a chance to redeem themselves, both individually and collectively.

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 11:18:09 AM
Mc Keever rightly responded to the adulation of his adoring fans (including myself), on their feet in the main stand. I wish more players did this, it shows they care and value their fans.

Too much negativity from Armagh fans here. The team is a work in progress and while there are lessons to be learned there is no need for widespread panic. We are not as good as the home wins against Kildare and Westmeath would suggest nor as bad as the defeat on Saturday night either (I still maintain had we not had Mo sent off, things could well have been a lot different).

Put it behind us and move on. Down were bound to beat us one day

McKeever is a great player - one of the best defenders in Ireland without a doubt.

But his reaction to coming off shows he clearly loves himself. Francie, Geezer nor the McEntees would have done this, which is why they were admired and envied throughout Ireland. They played the game with massive committment and a great attitude to winning, they would rather die than come off the pitch beaten.

McKeever let his management and teammates down by waving to the crowd. All his ' amateur dramatic' close attention to Marty Clarke was also done in front of the stand in a manner of nothing but a show off.  He put his ego ahead of winning and ahead of his team mates and real fans. The only ones standing and clapping for him were band wagon jumpers who probably won't see another match all year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on March 22, 2010, 11:43:10 AM
Did the TV coverage show any incidents involving McKeever and Clarke, I've it Sky+ed but haven't faced up to watching it yet? I'm assuming comments like these, from those not in attendance on Saturday night, are inspired by video evidence rather than some of the hysterical hearsay by overprotective partisan supporters here and elsewhere.

I think hysterical hearsay is the stock-in-trade of most of the posters on this thread. Caught the highlights last night and the only bit of violent behaviour shown was an attempted elbow by a Down man.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Onion Bag

Some of the posts here would protray that it was a dirty game, it wasnt a dirty game at all, although the Yellow card count might say otherwise, Sludden got carried away with his book.

illdecide

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 22, 2010, 11:54:07 AM
Quote from: AFS on March 22, 2010, 11:43:10 AM

I think hysterical hearsay is the stock-in-trade of most of the posters on this thread. Caught the highlights last night and the only bit of violent behaviour shown was an attempted elbow by a Down man.

I seen that myself Tac, the Down man clearly trying to take of Moriarty's head off with his elbow at least twice
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch