JP McManus - Christmas comes early

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 24, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real Talk

I wonder how much the Football Clubs in Kilkenny are getting ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2018, 03:04:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 30, 2018, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 30, 2018, 01:28:18 PM
So why did they not get their share?

Probably because they don't have Senior teams and like the Larry89 Lad they are hoping these clubs will fade away and leave the county to playing Football.

Any hope of these clubs getting a senior team any time soon? Ballyvary has been on the go for quite a while now.

Ballyvary club is 13 years old.  Their oldest player if still playing would be 25. The club has teams up to under 14 on their own and amalgamate with James Stephenites Ballina for older age groups. Holding onto players in a Gaelic and Soccer dominated area is very difficult. It's hard to go up against tradition! Athletic lads naturally gravitate towards the glamour of Gaelic as they come into their teenage years. The nearest Sportstar that any young lad sees as a hero, from Mayo and a Hurler is Keith Higgins.

Anyway the club does great work and after a few patchy years have turned a corner the last year or two with huge numbers in registration. A Senior team remains a dream and hopefully in time there will be enough lads still living in the county to achieve this goal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Real Talk on September 30, 2018, 05:28:58 PM

They be dual clubs, should get double
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 30, 2018, 08:26:21 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2018, 03:04:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 30, 2018, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 30, 2018, 01:28:18 PM
So why did they not get their share?

Probably because they don't have Senior teams and like the Larry89 Lad they are hoping these clubs will fade away and leave the county to playing Football.

Any hope of these clubs getting a senior team any time soon? Ballyvary has been on the go for quite a while now.

Ballyvary club is 13 years old.  Their oldest player if still playing would be 25. The club has teams up to under 14 on their own and amalgamate with James Stephenites Ballina for older age groups. Holding onto players in a Gaelic and Soccer dominated area is very difficult. It's hard to go up against tradition! Athletic lads naturally gravitate towards the glamour of Gaelic as they come into their teenage years. The nearest Sportstar that any young lad sees as a hero, from Mayo and a Hurler is Keith Higgins.

Anyway the club does great work and after a few patchy years have turned a corner the last year or two with huge numbers in registration. A Senior team remains a dream and hopefully in time there will be enough lads still living in the county to achieve this goal.

Are they a properly affiliated club, i.e. do they pay the same affiliation and insurance fees as every other club?

johnnycool

Quote from: Real Talk on September 30, 2018, 05:28:58 PM

I'd say the same as the hurling ones or you would have heard about it by now.

five points

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2018, 08:28:37 AM

Are they a properly affiliated club, i.e. do they pay the same affiliation and insurance fees as every other club?

Highly unlikely. They were asked this question over the weekend on Twitter but didn't reply. Their twitter account has been active in the meantime.

magpie seanie

Quote from: five points on October 01, 2018, 10:57:29 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2018, 08:28:37 AM

Highly unlikely. They were asked this question over the weekend on Twitter but didn't reply. Their twitter account has been active in the meantime.

That's the answer so.

five points

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2018, 12:39:39 PM
That's the answer so.

Amazing how clubs can get away with acting the maggot like this and effectively bringing their own county boards into disrepute.

The question posed to Ballyvary on twitter was prompted by someone calling the Mayo county board "morons".

magpie seanie

Quote from: five points on October 01, 2018, 01:21:36 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2018, 12:39:39 PM
That's the answer so.

Amazing how clubs can get away with acting the maggot like this and effectively bringing their own county boards into disrepute.

The question posed to Ballyvary on twitter was prompted by someone calling the Mayo county board "morons".

County Boards and GAA officialdom are easy targets. They don't get everything right, far from it, but are probably in possession of more information than most when they make decisions.