Tipperary v Mayo, Round 2 Qualifier, Semple Stafium. 23/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 11, 2018, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Probably second toughest draw Mayo could have got?
Another slow start in this and it could be very ropy.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on June 11, 2018, 02:04:45 PM

They don't play blanket defence which is a huge plus for Mayo and Tipp haven't got the momentum of their 2016 wins going into this game. Could turn out to be a rather easy draw for Mayo much like it was for Cork a few weeks ago.

Mayo4Sam14

How have Tipp been this year? They got hammered by Cork by the looks of it
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

tippabu

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 02:32:55 PM

Should have been promoted to division 1, had a no show against cork so haven't a clue where we are at just now.

seafoid

They were promoted to D2 but got hammered by Cork.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Tipp have really started to splutter after a good start to the year. Losing to what to my eyes is a poor Cork side by that margin would make you wonder if they can be competitive in this one.

Quote from: seafoid on June 11, 2018, 02:42:06 PM

They were promoted to D2 but got hammered by Cork.

Yeah. Well done Sea.

rosnarun

tipp could be dangerous they have all the hurlers back
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

tippabu

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 02:44:10 PM
Tipp have really started to splurt after a good start to the year. Losing to what to my eyes is a poor Cork side by that margin would make you wonder if they can be competitive in this one.

It was one shocking performance that came out of the blue, it was similar to yerselves in the replay against mayo where ye didn't turn up. It's worrying but like roscommon you'd like to think that one match was a freak result rather than a reflection of where we are. I'll be honest I've no clue how we will be against mayo but you could say the same for mayo looking at previous championships they only just seem to do enough more often than not

tippabu

Seems like it's confirmed for 5pm Saturday the 23rd according to friends of tipp football

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on June 11, 2018, 02:51:11 PM
Tipp have really started to splurt after a good start to the year. Losing to what to my eyes is a poor Cork side by that margin would make you wonder if they can be competitive in this one.

It was one shocking performance that came out of the blue, it was similar to yerselves in the replay against mayo where ye didn't turn up. It's worrying but like roscommon you'd like to think that one match was a freak result rather than a reflection of where we are. I'll be honest I've no clue how we will be against mayo but you could say the same for mayo looking at previous championships they only just seem to do enough more often than not

Well our replay came after drawing with the same opposition (Mayo are a lot stronger a team than the Leesiders) while fresh. That Cork team shipped a bad beating to us in the Hyde to end the league and an even worse one last week in a challenge match - it would have taken a serious under-performance to get hammered by them such is their own porous defence. It might be that Tipp simply put too much into the league and have ran out of steam. That's happened to a lot of teams. The pity is ye didn't beat Cavan and at least get to D1 for your efforts.

tippabu

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 03:02:32 PM

Well our replay cam after drawing with the same opposition (Mayo are a lot stronger a team than the Leesiders) while fresh. That Cork team shipped a bad beating to us in the Hyde to end the league and an even worse one last week in a challenge match - it would have taken a serious under-performance to get hammered by them such is their own porous defence. It might be that Tipp simply put too much into the league and have ran out of steam. That's happened to a lot of teams. The pity is ye didn't beat Cavan and at least get to D1 for your efforts.

That leeside team brought mayo to extra time on their way to meeting ye. Ye lost in the league to a very poor Down side, these things happen. No didnt put too much into the league, I know for a fact promotion wasnt even talked about until after the louth match. I dont really know to be honest what you can put the Cork game down to but April def didnt help us. Tipp expected a long run in the hurling and we as much as any county are under big pressure running off our club championship due to dual clubs. We used April to its full so most of the lads play club hurling and football and had intercounty training weeknights that may well have been a factor but as i said we simply just dont know. And yes, trust me it was a serious under performance from us. Cork werent anything special, Connolly had a brilliant game but it was more down to ourselves rather than them the scoreline was as bad as it finished.

Anyway, Mayo are the 2nd best team in ireland for the last number of years, theres no question of that. We will need to be at the top of our game and that may not be enough.

moysider

Quote from: tippabu on June 11, 2018, 06:02:07 PM

Well our replay cam after drawing with the same opposition (Mayo are a lot stronger a team than the Leesiders) while fresh. That Cork team shipped a bad beating to us in the Hyde to end the league and an even worse one last week in a challenge match - it would have taken a serious under-performance to get hammered by them such is their own porous defence. It might be that Tipp simply put too much into the league and have ran out of steam. That's happened to a lot of teams. The pity is ye didn't beat Cavan and at least get to D1 for your efforts.

That leeside team brought mayo to extra time on their way to meeting ye. Ye lost in the league to a very poor Down side, these things happen. No didnt put too much into the league, I know for a fact promotion wasnt even talked about until after the louth match. I dont really know to be honest what you can put the Cork game down to but April def didnt help us. Tipp expected a long run in the hurling and we as much as any county are under big pressure running off our club championship due to dual clubs. We used April to its full so most of the lads play club hurling and football and had intercounty training weeknights that may well have been a factor but as i said we simply just dont know. And yes, trust me it was a serious under performance from us. Cork werent anything special, Connolly had a brilliant game but it was more down to ourselves rather than them the scoreline was as bad as it finished.

Anyway, Mayo are the 2nd best team in ireland for the last number of years, theres no question of that. We will need to be at the top of our game and that may not be enough.

Alright, just asking. How many hurlers could/ should be sprung into the football team now. The hurlers would have expected/hoped to play a lot longer into the summer. Can a football manager now leapfrog lads, that nailed their commitment to the hurling team, and piss off fellas that were footballers? I cant see how that can work.
As regards the Cork game, the 6 day turnaround was huge and unfair. Cork got a run on a Tipp that looked a bit dull. They will be fresher and more focused  for this.
Mayo v Cork last August was a nightmare and we survived by a screed.
We had 4 nightmares last year before losing the final.

tippabu

Quote from: moysider on June 12, 2018, 02:37:24 AM
Quote from: tippabu on June 11, 2018, 06:02:07 PM

Alright, just asking. How many hurlers could/ should be sprung into the football team now. The hurlers would have expected/hoped to play a lot longer into the summer. Can a football manager now leapfrog lads, that nailed their commitment to the hurling team, and piss off fellas that were footballers? I cant see how that can work.
As regards the Cork game, the 6 day turnaround was huge and unfair. Cork got a run on a Tipp that looked a bit dull. They will be fresher and more focused  for this.
Mayo v Cork last August was a nightmare and we survived by a screed.
We had 4 nightmares last year before losing the final.

Off the top of my head Seamus Kennedy, Noel and John McGrath, paudi feehan, Willie Connors and Paul Maher. Most given enough time would be pushing for a start but I don't think any will be asked in, we will most likely go with what we have for reasons you said. 100% concentration needed for mayo and no distractions.

6 day turn around was scandalous and Munster ccc should be ashamed of themselves but I don't think it affected us for the cork match, waterford game was a nothing game and we would have played an A v B match the week before anyway which would have been no different to waterford match. We've had 4 weeks between semi and potential Munster final or as it turns out now qualifier with mayo. Interesting to see how the long break without a game works out for us if it will be beneficial or the opposite effect