AIB Jeff and Kammy road to Croker

Started by mrdeeds, September 05, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Yeah, that got a bit cringy at times. Though I'd hate to think those two on Ireland AM represent anything I'd be associated with.

AZOffaly

I see a new version of this is being advertised on Facebook. A rematch of the 1998 AI Club Semifinal between Erin's Isle and Castlehaven from Cork.

Harry Redknapp is managing the Castlehaven lads, and Gianluca Vialli (bizarre) is managing Erin's Isle.

No sure when it's supposed to be out.. expect images of Harry in his motor with the window down, leaving Cork County Board offices late at night, telling Marty Morrissey he's managed to negotiate the transfer sanction for a young lad from South Kerry.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 30, 2018, 10:09:14 AM
I see a new version of this is being advertised on Facebook. A rematch of the 1998 AI Club Semifinal between Erin's Isle and Castlehaven from Cork.

Harry Redknapp is managing the Castlehaven lads, and Gianluca Vialli (bizarre) is managing Erin's Isle.

No sure when it's supposed to be out.. expect images of Harry in his motor with the window down, leaving Cork County Board offices late at night, telling Marty Morrissey he's managed to negotiate the transfer sanction for a young lad from South Kerry.

This sounds utterly shït.

I know I'm totally biased but the Roscommon documentary was far better than Sterling and Kamara glad-handing GAA clubs for a few thousand pounds. That's the sort of thing they should be spending their money on.

LooseCannon

Syferus

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 30, 2018, 04:54:58 PM
Let's be honest, it's AIB buying an image. Brolly had an interesting article on it.

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-aib-sky-and-other-brands-will-complete-cultural-hijacking-of-the-gaa-if-new-director-general-doesnt-act-36464318.html

The Roscommon doc was done by a local filmmaker who then sold the rights to AIB, which probably explains why it's much better than the 'Kammy' stuff. Watchable fluff but behind the scenes looks at IC make for far better viewing. Brolly is just doing his usual moralising, in the end this stuff is as harmless as anything else a sponsor has done and at least is halfways entertaining.

Really highlighted the failings of TG4's grey-haired-talking-heads-in-front-of-green-screens approach to GAA documentaries.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2018, 05:34:13 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on April 30, 2018, 04:54:58 PM
Let's be honest, it's AIB buying an image. Brolly had an interesting article on it.

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-aib-sky-and-other-brands-will-complete-cultural-hijacking-of-the-gaa-if-new-director-general-doesnt-act-36464318.html

The Roscommon doc was done by a local filmmaker who then sold the rights to AIB, which probably explains why it's much better than the 'Kammy' stuff. Watchable fluff but behind the scenes looks at IC make for far better viewing. Brolly is just doing his usual moralising, in the end this stuff is as harmless as anything else a sponsor has done and at least is halfways entertaining.

Really highlighted the failings of TG4's grey-haired-talking-heads-in-front-of-green-screens approach to GAA documentaries.

Typical Syf

Roscommon good
Gaeilge shite

But missing a Mayo angle this time
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Laochra Gael is great stuff. This is a completely different genre so I wouldn't find them comparable. As you said Syf, harmless stuff and enjoyable enough.

magpie seanie

Good article by Joe and one I tend to agree with. Unfortunately that's where we're headed.