Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Orchard park on June 19, 2018, 11:05:14 PM
Its beyond straw clutching .

It's classic eternal loser mindset of trying to make excuses for the winning team .....

It's an annual snorefest which was never mentioned between 1995 and 2011 by most...

Ewan McKenna wannabes

Absolutly! Go in and beat them as teams did for years till this great team came along. Excuses excuses...

mayoman dan

Absolutly! Go in and beat them as teams did for years till this great team came along. Excuses excuses...
[/quote]

So its fair that dublin get 2 home games and everyone else gets 1?????

manfromdelmonte

It's classic eternal loser mindset of trying to make excuses for the winning team .....

It's an annual snorefest which was never mentioned between 1995 and 2011 by most...

Ewan McKenna wannabes
There was no backdoor until 2001

Nor millions of funding for the Dublin development plan which wasn't offered to one other county

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: longballin on June 19, 2018, 11:17:52 PM

Ewan McKenna wannabes

The rest of the GAA counties have also funded all the development work in Dublin

longballin

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 19, 2018, 11:19:13 PM

[/quote]
Counties love playing in Croke Park? Has any complained yet?

mayoman dan

[/quote]

its not up to the counties to complain.A level playing field should be a given with a national competition.So il ask for a third time is it fair that Dublin get 2 home games in what is essentially a league format for the super 8s while other counties only get 1??? Its like Man utd playing every game at old trafford

longballin

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 19, 2018, 11:29:10 PM

its not up to the counties to complain.A level playing field should be a given with a national competition.So il ask for a third time is it fair that Dublin get 2 home games in what is essentially a league format for the super 8s while other counties only get 1??? Its like Man utd playing every game at old trafford
[/quote]

If only objections are on the GAA Board and not from county players is fair enough to use what is in effect national stadium as far as Gaelic games go. What isn't fair is Dublin have the best players  :'(

mayoman dan

Quote from: longballin on June 19, 2018, 11:42:15 PM

If only objections are on the GAA Board and not from county players is fair enough to use what is in effect national stadium as far as Gaelic games go. What isn't fair is Dublin have the best players  :'(
[/quote]

And all the advantages :-\ :-\.I must really have hit a nerve when ye keep deflecting from a simple question

longballin

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 19, 2018, 11:48:06 PM

[/b]

And all the advantages :-\ :-\.I must really have hit a nerve when ye keep deflecting from a simple question
[/quote]

I answered the question. I dont think it's unfair. My turn... when will Mayo grow a set and win an All Ireland.. yes in Croke Park as Tyrone, Armagh and Donegal did beating Dubs on the way?

mayoman dan

Quote from: longballin on June 19, 2018, 11:54:25 PM

[/b]

I answered the question. I dont think it's unfair. My turn... when will Mayo grow a set and win an All Ireland.. yes in Croke Park as Tyrone, Armagh and Donegal did beating Dubs on the way?
[/quote]

Probably not any time soon.Our chance has come and gone but ive accepted it.I just hope that when we do win it we will win it fair and square and dont have the rest of the country accusing us of financial doping and HQ giving us all home games on the way just to help us out.We mightnt have an all ireland in years but all yours since 2011 are tainted and it sickens ye to admit it ;)
Goodnight

longballin

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 20, 2018, 12:01:34 AM

[/b]

Probably not any time soon.Our chance has come and gone but ive accepted it.I just hope that when we do win it we will win it fair and square and dont have the rest of the country accusing us of financial doping and HQ giving us all home games on the way just to help us out.We mightnt have an all ireland in years but all yours since 2011 are tainted and it sickens ye to admit it ;)
Goodnight
[/quote]

:D I'm from Tyrone, it's just that I'm not a begrudger regarding the Dubs. We went into their back yard in the last decade with a great team and beat them. Now like other teams we aren't good enough. No excuses. Hats off to a great Dublin team.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: longballin on June 20, 2018, 12:10:51 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 20, 2018, 12:01:34 AM

[/b]

Goodnight

:D I'm from Tyrone, it's just that I'm not a begrudger regarding the Dubs. We went into their back yard in the last decade with a great team and beat them. Now like other teams we aren't good enough. No excuses. Hats off to a great Dublin team.
[/quote]
What year?
Tyrone had a conveyor belt of minor and U21 winners on those squads
Same as Dublin now

The Hill is Blue

[/quote]

Playing Dublin in Castlebar hasn't done much good for Mayo in recent years. If you're not good enough you're not good enough.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Dinny Breen

The fact that people that argue that Dublin playing at home is no advantage shows they are either incredible stupid or just wind-up merchants. There is no argument!

Here's a recent article from Kiernan Shannon on it..

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/kieran-shannon-home-comforts-not-just-all-in-the-mind-471000.html

#newbridgeornowhere

JoG2

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 20, 2018, 08:50:31 AM

Playing Dublin in Castlebar hasn't done much good for Mayo in recent years. If you're not good enough you're not good enough.
[/quote]

Think championship football is the topic here, not league football being played at the tail end of winter. Do they say home advantage is worth a couple of points? Dublin win the last couple by the bare minimum, imagine these games had been played in Castlebar or even Limerick, Cork or Thurles.....

With the introduction of the Super 8's, if Dublin / Mayo reached the final again:

Home Games        Away Games
Dublin            4                          1
Mayo             1                          4