Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on May 27, 2019, 01:55:26 PM
Jimmy's Losing Matches?

Jimmy's Losing games!
Jimmy will be soon bringing the family back to Donegal again!

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 27, 2019, 02:13:08 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 27, 2019, 01:55:26 PM
Jimmy's Losing Matches?

Jimmy's Losing games!
Jimmy will be soon bringing the family back to Donegal again!

Up Donegal!

skeog

Back with a million in his back pocket no doser Jim.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

93-DY-SAM

Jimmy's losing matches!

rodney trotter

He was probaly over ambitious trying to be a Manager in America. He said on Off the Ball before he started his job, that he'd like to progress and manage in the MLS.

He had the chance to manage in the LOI, which was surprising he didn't take. A different culture over in America, and players he isn't familiar with, in the lower leagues of America..

GetOverTheBar

Didn't expect his time to come to an end like this, had expected a lot more. But it's a different game.

Suspect we might not have him back in a GAA capacity on the back of this news though - LOI beckons.

yellowcard

I suspect that LOI clubs would not be able to afford what Jimmy might be looking for and in all reality he has achieved nothing in soccer that would justify them taking a punt on him. The Tyrone job might be available next year and that would be a good fit for him.

toby47

Sacked 6 months into a 3 year contract.

I'd be happy enough

$$$$$$

BennyCake

Did McGuinness play any soccer ball? I don't recall him doing so.

If not, wouldn't it be tough to manage a team in s sport you've not been immersed in all your life? I'd have thought so anyway like.

skeog

Finn Harps be the ideal job for him.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on June 12, 2019, 04:34:32 PM
Did McGuinness play any soccer ball? I don't recall him doing so.

If not, wouldn't it be tough to manage a team in s sport you've not been immersed in all your life? I'd have thought so anyway like.

He's played it, but not to any level that his GAA got to.

rosnarun

Quote from: skeog on June 12, 2019, 04:53:38 PM
Finn Harps be the ideal job for him.
Swilly Rovers I hear are looking for a manager in an attempt to rebuild
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

twohands!!!

Quote from: skeog on May 27, 2019, 02:49:41 PM
Back with a million in his back pocket no doser Jim.

Quote from: toby47 on June 12, 2019, 04:33:22 PM
Sacked 6 months into a 3 year contract.

I'd be happy enough

$$$$$$

Anyone who thinks McGuinness was on anything more than very average money is utterly deluded.
While he probably got some sort of contract termination pay-off, there's no way he got the full 3 years of his contract paid after being fired with his record in competitive games was 1 win in 15.
According to this, the average attendance for Charlotte home games this year is 1,659.
https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2019-usl-championship-attendance/
There's no way in hell that a rookie manager for a team with those sort of numbers was making any sort of massive money.

As to what the future holds, I do remember seeing some stats a few years back about the number of one-and-done professional managers in the English divisions and I remember being shocked at how high it was in the lower divisions. Basically lads who were given a shot at management, failed and never managed professionally again. As such I would say that McGuinness's chances of another professional job are slim enough - the one thing in his favour, is that failing so hard happened in the US which is a little out of the spot-light.

Also it's interesting to note that last year Charlotte, won 10 league games and 15 league games the year before (there was 16 teams in the league last year and 15 the year before) which makes Jim's performance look even worse.