Author Topic: Games that your county should never have won.  (Read 1604 times)

From the Bunker

• View Profile
Re: Games that your county should never have won.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 09:48:58 AM »
Louth should never have won the 2010 Leinster Final.

I loved O'Rourkes defence of Meath at the time. He said that ''Louth had only themselves to blame as they should have been further ahead!''

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »
Never was their a bigger theft than Armagh v Fermanagh 1993 literally daylight robbery by Holywood and J Grimley

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »
I don't think this has ever happened to Antrim!

The year we got to the ulster final we should never have beat donegal! They hit some wides that day.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 11:10:51 AM »
1992 NFL Quarter-final at Breffni Park: Dublin 2-8 Donegal 0-12. Dublin got two goals right at the end to win after being comprehensively outplayed.

It was the old story of the non-traditional county having to play twice as well as the traditional one to win, and in this case, it still wasn't enough.

That game gave Dublin a vice-like psychological hold over Donegal which would never loosen...

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »
Can't remember the year, but Ian Robertson scored 1-1 in injury time to salvage a draw v Laois in a Leinster semi final, after we'd been comprehensively outplayed. The red lad in midfield had a stormer if I remember correctly.
Dubs won replay handily enough.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 11:51:34 AM »
Armagh should never have won the 2005 Ulster.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
Can't remember the year, but Ian Robertson scored 1-1 in injury time to salvage a draw v Laois in a Leinster semi final, after we'd been comprehensively outplayed. The red lad in midfield had a stormer if I remember correctly.
Dubs won replay handily enough.
That was 1999. There was a lot of controversy over Robertson "picking up" the ball before he handpassed the equaliser.

Dublin won the replay by two points but the last kick of the game was a goal for Laois from a penalty so it was more comfortable thn that in reality.

2003 was the one where Padraig Clancy had a stormer.

Laois Rising

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 01:02:38 PM »
Laois came from something like 6 points down to lead by 4 with game almost up. Robertson equalizing score came from a blatant pick up missed by the ref. That Laois team was coming near the end of its shelf life-was a very competitive team in 90s without ever really threatening a Leinster title.