The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Was hoping we might gazump someone with a late offer, but not to be.
We'll be grand if we don't get injuries! Otherwise we might see a bit of panic come January window.

Hope for the season is that Ox and Keita prove to be good enough and consistent enough to oust Gini and Hendo.

Sounds like Klopp is going to put Mane on the bench tonight.

gawa316

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 09, 2019, 03:02:14 PM
I expected a central defender to come in but as has been said Gomez might be like a new player anyway.

In my opinion I think we are very well stocked in the CB department. Probably the best in the league.

I agree with blewuporstuffed, thought Sessegnon wouldn't been a player to fit the bill of Klopp and FSG alas in Klopp we trust

gawa316

Same team that started against city.

Mane back on the bench

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Salah the one season wonder into his 3rd season of scoring goals for Liverpool... ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Norwich really are the gift that keep on giving.

Hound

Wide open at the back at times, Trent particularly dodgy, but he's absolute class going forward.

Great that Mo is off the mark so quick.
Despite the miss, Bobby is looking really good. Hopefully he gets a goal.

Hopefully Ali's injury is calf related rather than knee related

imtommygunn

One of liverpool's biggest assets is Trent. One of liverpool's biggest weaknesses is Trent.

gawa316

Looking likely Lovren is heading off to Roma for 15 odd million.

With Matip and Gomez's injury records, I think that leaves us short at the back. Fabinho can slot in I guess, but wonder what Klopp has in mind...is Hoever and Van Den Berg going to be ready?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gawa316 on August 13, 2019, 05:38:11 PM
Looking likely Lovren is heading off to Roma for 15 odd million.

With Matip and Gomez's injury records, I think that leaves us short at the back. Fabinho can slot in I guess, but wonder what Klopp has in mind...is Hoever and Van Den Berg going to be ready?

Hoever looks a real player but is very young yet to be thrown in at that level, especially at centre back
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

J70

Anyone care about the "Super Cup"?

Want to beat Chelsea for its own merits, but I honestly don't give a f**k about the trophy.

Trumped up friendly.

Hound

Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2019, 01:41:49 PM

Want to beat Chelsea for its own merits, but I honestly don't give a f**k about the trophy.

Trumped up friendly.
Well, it's quite hard to get into the Super Cup, so when you do, you may as well try and win it.
So I'll be happy if we win it, and I won't give a hoot if we don't!

We've the World Club thingy to come in Qatar.
Semi-final on 18th December
Final or 3rd place playoff on 21 December.

That's going to be a right pain, but at the same stage a competition that we've never won.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2019, 01:41:49 PM

Trumped up friendly.

To be honest I would rather this had been played before the charity shield so it could be treated as a proper friendly. Now we are in it though you want to win and use it to get the sharpness up another notch. I know Klopp will probably mix things up tonight and I would be happy enough to see Keita/Ox/Shaq and Brewster get game time but I hope he keeps the defence the same. Need to iron out some of those errors from  Friday and give the 1st choice guys a chance to get used to playing in front of Adrian in a competitive game.

quit yo jibbajabba

Personally speaking i place this a notch or two above a friendly, def well above Charity Shield, a fair audience in Europe will be watching and as previous poster says its hard enough to actually get to play for.

However, in event of a defeat this message will be deleted 😃
Ps Keita limped out of training yesterday...

Hound

Ah, brings back some nice memories!