Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: highorlow on September 04, 2018, 04:10:46 PM
QuoteMeath, Kildare etc are intermediate teams at best

Get real, Meath were robbed this year by the All Ireland Finalists. Kildare beat Mayo.

Either the rest are all shit or Dublin are so far ahead now it's getting unbalanced.

Which is it?

Take the Dubs out of the competition then everyone in Div 1 and 2 would fancy winning the thing, that's the reality.

How did Tyrone rob Meath? Get real yourself.
Kildare were also beaten by Carlow. A Carlow team that Tyrone dismissed comprehensively.
Intermediate is being kind.

trailer

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2018, 04:07:32 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2018, 04:04:19 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on September 04, 2018, 03:55:07 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2018, 03:48:42 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on September 04, 2018, 03:44:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 04, 2018, 02:22:40 PM
What has been happening in Leinster is how happening at the all Ireland stage.  There is no competition. Leinster attendances are way down on those 15 years ago. The Leinster Final is a waste of time. From now on it'll be the same for the Super 8 and semifinals. People won't be arsed.  If you knew your county hadn't a hope of winning the all Ireland not because they weren't good but because the system wasn't designed for them would you invest your emotional time with them ?
So people from Tipperary/Kildare/Down/Cavan/Roscommon wouldn't go to see their counties play in the Super 8s next year because they'd believe (for some reason) that the structure wasn't designed for them (whatever that means)?

Some reason? The smaller counties by simple numbers and playing resources are better able to compete in once-off matches. A round robin structure is of benefit most of all to be bigger counties who can tolerate the accumulation of injuries that system leads to and still win through it and a semi-final a week later. If you think otherwise you're simply wrong.
I almost hesitate to reply considering I'm "simply wrong". No room for discussion with you?

This discussion has been done to death. I'm not claiming that anyone designed the Super 8s for the benefits of weaker counties. I don't think it was constructed to benefit any counties, personally. However, if the counties listed above qualified for the last 8 they should keep away from GAA Board and focus on what they can get out of it. They're as likely to win the AI with the new system as the were with the old, i.e. they have virtually no chance.

In the current system, they get to play against the better teams outside of a league setting and I can't see, at least in the immediate term, why spectators would not travel to see these games.

Weaker counties are getting what they deserve. They have no interest in a tiered championship and then they moan that the better teams win the thing. People are delusional. Attendances are going to go down especially in Leinster. Dublin are dominating. They have steam rolled everything in the Leinster championship. Meath, Kildare etc are intermediate teams at best. The rest Junior. That's the reality. When the weaker counties wake up it will probably be to late.

And you're also 'simply wrong' if you think putting counties in a ghetto is a better solution.

Teams should be playing at their own level. I don't know why anyone would be against this.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2018, 04:23:03 PM
What has been happening in Leinster is how happening at the all Ireland stage.  There is no competition. Leinster attendances are way down on those 15 years ago. The Leinster Final is a waste of time. From now on it'll be the same for the Super 8 and semifinals. People won't be arsed.  If you knew your county hadn't a hope of winning the all Ireland not because they weren't good but because the system wasn't designed for them would you invest your emotional time with them ?
So people from Tipperary/Kildare/Down/Cavan/Roscommon wouldn't go to see their counties play in the Super 8s next year because they'd believe (for some reason) that the structure wasn't designed for them (whatever that means)?

Some reason? The smaller counties by simple numbers and playing resources are better able to compete in once-off matches. A round robin structure is of benefit most of all to be bigger counties who can tolerate the accumulation of injuries that system leads to and still win through it and a semi-final a week later. If you think otherwise you're simply wrong.
I almost hesitate to reply considering I'm "simply wrong". No room for discussion with you?

This discussion has been done to death. I'm not claiming that anyone designed the Super 8s for the benefits of weaker counties. I don't think it was constructed to benefit any counties, personally. However, if the counties listed above qualified for the last 8 they should keep away from GAA Board and focus on what they can get out of it. They're as likely to win the AI with the new system as the were with the old, i.e. they have virtually no chance.

In the current system, they get to play against the better teams outside of a league setting and I can't see, at least in the immediate term, why spectators would not travel to see these games.

Weaker counties are getting what they deserve. They have no interest in a tiered championship and then they moan that the better teams win the thing. People are delusional. Attendances are going to go down especially in Leinster. Dublin are dominating. They have steam rolled everything in the Leinster championship. Meath, Kildare etc are intermediate teams at best. The rest Junior. That's the reality. When the weaker counties wake up it will probably be to late.

And you're also 'simply wrong' if you think putting counties in a ghetto is a better solution.

Teams should be playing at their own level. I don't know why anyone would be against this.

We all know Tyrone aren't at the level of All-Ireland contenders, that was embarrassing on Sunday. I had to laugh at the "they died with their boots on", Dublin had theirs off, feet up on the couch, cigar in one hand, brandy in the other, laughing at the feeble effort, almost wishing Mayo had played them and tested their manliness..
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

I would support a tiered system if Dublin were the only senior team.

trailer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 04, 2018, 04:39:37 PM

We all know Tyrone aren't at the level of All-Ireland contenders, that was embarrassing on Sunday. I had to laugh at the "they died with their boots on", Dublin had theirs off, feet up on the couch, cigar in one hand, brandy in the other, laughing at the feeble effort, almost wishing Mayo had played them and tested their manliness..

Whenever Kildare get their act together come back to me.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2018, 04:48:17 PM

If Sunday was Tyrone with their act together God help ya, Dublin used you like a butt plug.
#newbridgeornowhere

trailer

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 04, 2018, 04:52:03 PM

If Sunday was Tyrone with their act together God help ya, Dublin used you like a butt plug.

Well if we were the butt plug you lot are the dirty bit down the street that everyone is riding. Newbridge or Nowhere? Nowhere is the answer.

Syferus

Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2018, 08:19:39 PM

Well if we were the butt plug you lot are the dirty bit down the street that everyone is riding. Newbridge or Nowhere? Nowhere is the answer.

Playing the man because somewhere deep in your reptilian mind you know he's right.

trailer

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2018, 08:44:06 PM

Playing the man because somewhere deep in your reptilian mind you know he's right.

Couple of things Mr.
Who's playing the man? Explain this to me. Did I mention anything about him?
By saying I have a 'reptilian mind' is that not playing the man?

I will await your non response, as is the case when you are challenged on this board.

Syferus

Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2018, 08:47:59 PM

Couple of things Mr.

I will await your non response, as is the case when you are challenged on this board.

I think you seriously need to Google reptilian mind before you say another word and dig the hole any deeper..

trailer

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2018, 08:54:05 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2018, 08:47:59 PM

Couple of things Mr.

I think you seriously need to Google reptilian mind before you say another word or dig the whole any deeper..

You're not worth the time nor energy. Like debating with a Trump supporter.

Dinny Breen

You don't debate, you insult, you take it all too personally. Syferus has his opinions and general articulates those opinions pretty well, doesn't mean you have to agree with them and many don't, he doesn't play the man, or if he does only if sucked into a mud fight. Mud doesn't hurt though...
#newbridgeornowhere

JoG2

In the last 5 years, would  league attendances be on the up and championship attendances on the down?

RadioGAAGAA

Cut the Dubs money.

Back to straight knockout football (no back door and certainly no subpar 8s bullsh!t). If the media don't like it, tell them to f**k off as they are invariably wrong about what they want to change in the game.

Make the Dubs play away from home.

Give the likes of Kildare a cut at them in Newbridge and they might win 1 in 10. But that 1 would really shake things up - it'd make the Leinster Championship worth watching again. As it stands, the likes of Kildare have about a 1 in 1000 chance of winning and the 1 doesn't matter 'cos there is a safety net for the Dubs.

Being so busy milking the cash-cow dry, the GAA didn't notice the cow has ate the grass all the rest of the stock needed.
i usse an speelchekor

clonadmad

What were the average per game attendance in 2018 in both hurling and football and how do they compare to previous years?