Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 23, 2018, 03:34:45 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2018, 03:09:32 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2018, 07:04:48 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2018, 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2018, 05:22:25 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 22, 2018, 04:46:56 PM
Tyrone had the majority support. Other than behind one goal there wasn't many dubs elsewhere on the terrace. I'd say it was 10k Tyrone, 6k dubs. Still a great travelling support. It was sold out so I'm guessing capacity was 16.5k, though there seemed to be more there than that.

Well done to the 6k Dubs who gave up their Saturday to go to the match. They deserve great credit and proves once again they have the most loyal followers in the country who are not afraid to give up their free time en masse.

6k? 30k in CP last Sunday avg of 7.5k per county. Can we put to death now the myth Dublin supporters travel, I can honestly never remember being outnumbered by Dublin fans at underage games either. The bean counters have many reasons to keep Dublin at home.

2k at the Leinster Minor final Sat.

In fairness many Dubs would have been working on Saturday and Summertime is busy with family commitments! Dublin to Clones is a journey of about 1 hour 40 minutes. It is hard to expect a county to travel a round trip of 3 hours in large numbers on a Saturday evening.

Why go to Clones from Dublin when the game was in Omagh??. Also the ground was sold out so how exactly did you expect more Dublin supporters to get in???

You don't seem to realise how hard it is following Dublin all around the country. Not only do you have all the costs with travelling, but then you have the additional expenses for celebrating the all Ireland & league victories as well!!! That doesn't even include the opportunity cost for taking a days holiday for the now traditional all ireland celebrations after b̶e̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶o winning (obviously dubs can't beat mayo this year :o)

You have big cost on you with three home games coming up! How much is a return trip on the LUAS to those games? Home game after home game! 12 years since ye played a game away from home. 12 years! Imagine 12 years since ye played a game away from home. Has it ever happened in any other team sport? Ye are just the financially doped, funded and babyset county of the GAA!

One blessing this year is that the dirty C***s in HQ got no Mayo super 8 money!

But you're not bitter ;D ;D

TheGreatest

Wasting your time Dublin7. Let them have their moans.

spuds

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 23, 2018, 03:02:42 PM
Quote from: spuds on July 23, 2018, 02:48:03 PM
A nothing sort of question, if Galway Monaghan game was fixed for Tuam instead of Salthill Sunday week how much of a difference in attendance?

Tuam is less than ten thousand now, Salthill holds about 25,000 I think
All things being equal Tuam would pull the bigger crowd?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Duine Eile

Quote from: spuds on July 23, 2018, 04:05:34 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on July 23, 2018, 03:02:42 PM
Quote from: spuds on July 23, 2018, 02:48:03 PM
A nothing sort of question, if Galway Monaghan game was fixed for Tuam instead of Salthill Sunday week how much of a difference in attendance?

Tuam is less than ten thousand now, Salthill holds about 25,000 I think
All things being equal Tuam would pull the bigger crowd?

For Galway Monaghan? I'd say we'll see a decent crowd in Salthill for that, the bandwagon is fairly filling up the last couple of games. Tuam is just about able to take a league match on its current state, serious lack of facilities which in fairness are beginning to be addressed, new dressing rooms under construction at the minute. Mind you, it would make life a lot easier if it was in Tuam, Salthill on a bank holiday Saturday at the end of race week, going to be brutal traffic wise  ::)

Rossfan

9,853  Official attendance in the Hyde.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2018, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 23, 2018, 03:34:45 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2018, 03:09:32 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2018, 07:04:48 PM
Tyrone had the majority support. Other than behind one goal there wasn't many dubs elsewhere on the terrace. I'd say it was 10k Tyrone, 6k dubs. Still a great travelling support. It was sold out so I'm guessing capacity was 16.5k, though there seemed to be more there than that.

Well done to the 6k Dubs who gave up their Saturday to go to the match. They deserve great credit and proves once again they have the most loyal followers in the country who are not afraid to give up their free time en masse.

6k? 30k in CP last Sunday avg of 7.5k per county. Can we put to death now the myth Dublin supporters travel, I can honestly never remember being outnumbered by Dublin fans at underage games either. The bean counters have many reasons to keep Dublin at home.

In fairness many Dubs would have been working on Saturday and Summertime is busy with family commitments! Dublin to Clones is a journey of about 1 hour 40 minutes. It is hard to expect a county to travel a round trip of 3 hours in large numbers on a Saturday evening.

Why go to Clones from Dublin when the game was in Omagh??. Also the ground was sold out so how exactly did you expect more Dublin supporters to get in???

You don't seem to realise how hard it is following Dublin all around the country. Not only do you have all the costs with travelling, but then you have the additional expenses for celebrating the all Ireland & league victories as well!!! That doesn't even include the opportunity cost for taking a days holiday for the now traditional all ireland celebrations after b̶e̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶o winning (obviously dubs can't beat mayo this year :o)

You have big cost on you with three home games coming up! How much is a return trip on the LUAS to those games? Home game after home game! 12 years since ye played a game away from home. 12 years! Imagine 12 years since ye played a game away from home. Has it ever happened in any other team sport? Ye are just the financially doped, funded and babyset county of the GAA!

One blessing this year is that the dirty C***s in HQ got no Mayo super 8 money!

But you're not bitter ;D ;D

Thankfully not anymore. I learned (the hard way) that there is one rule in regards travelling to matches for Dublin Supporters and another rule for all the rest. By the looks of it, more are seeing the light!

Anyway enjoy sucking off the HQ tit!  ;D

trailer

I was surprised at the capacity of Healy Park (16.5K). Obviously it has been capped but it could easily have fitted in another 2-3k. There was a good bit of space where we were stood. I thought I remembered it holding 20k. Maybe not.

tippabu

Remember when we played them in tullamore in the under 21 ai semi, it was a 50/50 split of Dublin and tipp fans....this is the self proclaimed best supporters and we will travel anywhere brigade against a county who are called out time and time again about low attendances and lack of support. Alot of the Dublin fans are Dublin senior football fans, they don't bother with underage, club, hurling. Look they had a very good support up in omagh and all reports were great craic, I'd have loved to see what would have travelled to a bigger ground that wouldn't have been at capacity. Surely Dublin supporters will be urging next year's "Croke park" super 8s games to be changed to neutral, real novelty for them travelling, having the craic and drinks in a new town, seeing you get brilliant atmospheres with small crowds in good venues and actually being allowed on the pitch after and get to meet the players

dublin7

Quote from: tippabu on July 23, 2018, 09:03:34 PM

Remember when we played them in tullamore in the under 21 ai semi, it was a 50/50 split of Dublin and tipp fans....this is the self proclaimed best supporters and we will travel anywhere brigade against a county who are called out time and time again about low attendances and lack of support. Alot of the Dublin fans are Dublin senior football fans, they don't bother with underage, club, hurling. Look they had a very good support up in omagh and all reports were great craic, I'd have loved to see what would have travelled to a bigger ground that wouldn't have been at capacity. Surely Dublin supporters will be urging next year's "Croke park" super 8s games to be changed to neutral, real novelty for them travelling, having the craic and drinks in a new town, seeing you get brilliant atmospheres with small crowds in good venues and actually being allowed on the pitch after and get to meet the players

That's a valid, reasonable point so expect ridicule from dub's biggest fan - From the Bunker. If Cork had beaten Tyrone in the qualifier you would have seen a huge dublin crowd go down for the weekend. I'd say the hotels and B&Bs were disgusted.  I had a place booked for the weekend(and I'm sure many others did as well) Given the poor support the cork footballers get there probably would have been more dubs at it thanks cork fans!!

Even league games the dubs get great support. In castlebar earlier in the year there was a huge dublin crowd travelled down for the game. I do believe I seen From the Bunker there as I remember seeing a drunk old man after the game stumbling down the street giving out about the dubs.

Gael85

Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2018, 09:30:23 PM

That's a valid, reasonable point so expect ridicule from dub's biggest fan - From the Bunker. If Cork had beaten Tyrone in the qualifier you would have seen a huge dublin crowd go down for the weekend. I'd say the hotels and B&Bs were disgusted.  I had a place booked for the weekend(and I'm sure many others did as well) Given the poor support the cork footballers get there probably would have been more dubs at it thanks cork fans!!

Even league games the dubs get great support. In castlebar earlier in the year there was a huge dublin crowd travelled down for the game. I do believe I seen From the Bunker there as I remember seeing a drunk old man after the game stumbling down the street giving out about the dubs.

We don't get the best support at minor/u21 now u20 level. There was a full round of juvenile/adult fixtures on same day as that Tipp game in 2015. County Board should have called off all games at the time. Majority of supporters would be associated with clubs. You always have a few hangers on. Think that applies to all counties.

tippabu

Quote from: Gael85 on July 23, 2018, 09:40:07 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2018, 09:30:23 PM

We don't get the best support at minor/u21 now u20 level. There was a full round of juvenile/adult fixtures on same day as that Tipp game in 2015. County Board should have called off all games at the time. Majority of supporters would be associated with clubs. You always have a few hangers on. Think that applies to all counties.

Im basing that off a small majority tbf, i know a good few who'd always be on the hill and often gone to the handball with them and the ones i know and the people theyd always go to games with have no involvement or even interest in dublin club football. These would be lads who'd have gone to O'Byrne cup and league games home and away. Take the point that it applies to all counties id just apply it more myself from the perspective of watching dublin club games on tv, april for example and some great looking games poorly attended compared to the numbers that go to dubs games. An assumption on my behalf

snoopdog

Its easy to have great support when your winning. Look at us arent we great. Worse than liverpool celtic and ireland fans declaring your own greatness.

Cunny Funt

For the games today.

17,935 in Killarney
15,200 in Salthill

armaghniac

Poor enough attendance in Croke Park, there might be as many tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dinny Breen

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2018, 05:44:43 PM
Poor enough attendance in Croke Park, there might be as many tomorrow.

54k. Per population Dublin are brutally supported. The GAA have killed their own cash cow.
#newbridgeornowhere