The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

But anyone who withholds their vote for Biden on Gaza is basically handing that issue and everything else over to Trump and all that he is going to unleash. I hope they're content with that choice.
[/quote]

You've been here long enough to know that just isn't true.  Most states are not competitive.  My not voting for Biden (or for Trump for that matter) isn't going to make an iota of difference to the outcome in NY.  Ditto someone voting for Kennedy in (e.g.,) Alabama. 

J70

Well yeah, but we were talking about the swing states. And I looked up Wayne County which contains Detroit and Dearborn. 100K people of Arab descent. I don't know what the polling shows or the exact political trends among those people, but yeah, on second thoughts, given how tight Michigan has been, Gaza could well be decisive if enough of them withheld their vote. And it is those I was referring to.

Like yourself, my vote in NY doesn't really matter (if it does, Biden is in very, very serious trouble!). Theirs does.

Jell 0 Biafra

Itchy

The land of the free...

Vote for me cos even though I'm supporting genocide I'm not as bad as the other guy.

You'd have a better choice in a dictatorship. Probably better healthcare too