American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Its a nasty evening in NY. Its got very windy and cold over the past hour - not the best conditions for the Giants-Redskins game.

The Claw

Poor game at Giants Stadium. Redskins 6, Giants 0

Puckoon

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 16, 2007, 08:07:05 PM
Here are my bets this week

200   Giants(-5) and Saints (-3 1/2)

100  Balt  (-3 1/2)   and  Packers  (-8)

Could be screwed on both counts DH.

thejuice

fair play, i wouldnt have backed them against the Ravens, but Im glad they didnt go 0-16 it would have done serious damage to the franchiase.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

FL/MAYO

Quote from: thejuice on December 17, 2007, 09:35:26 AM
fair play, i wouldnt have backed them against the Ravens, but Im glad they didnt go 0-16 it would have done serious damage to the franchiase.

Great since of relief down there yesterday. The Fins offense is terrible, the lad that scored the winning touchdown was from the practice squad and he looked better than some of the starters at least he could catch the ball. Hot and humid before the game with some rain, by the time we got home the temperature had dropped into the fifties nice and cool for a change. You would swear the Dolphins had won the Super Bowl the way people celebrated in the car park afterwards the Raven fans were even amused by the whole thing. Great day out though..the head is a bit tender this morning.

Gabriel_Hurl

You can't help but smile about that Dolphins win yesterday

As someone said on another board

"Being 1-15 is nowhere near as sad as being the club who lost to a 1-15 team."

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on December 17, 2007, 03:19:04 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 16, 2007, 08:07:05 PM
Here are my bets this week

200   Giants(-5) and Saints (-3 1/2)

100  Balt  (-3 1/2)   and  Packers  (-8)

How can the giants let Eli try to win their games?  They have a starting running back as big as most offensive lineman and blazing speed. Start running then the passing game will be so much easier. A complete fiasco in their home stadium.

Best thing about betting is there is always next week ;)

On a side note how must TO feel being shown up by his old QB in Dallas. Fair play to the Eagles and McNabb.

Could be screwed on both counts DH.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

thejuice

Pro-bowl votes in, and just to show what a pile shite the judging system is not a single member of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who are 10-4 and contending for a playoff spot, or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are 9-5 and captured the NFC South crown, was selected.

Yet, the 1-13 Miami Dolphins have one representative: Defensive end Jason Taylor.

At 12-2, the Dallas Cowboys have had an outstanding season. But is it really deserving of 11 Pro Bowlers, three more than the 14-0 New England Patriots and seven more than the 12-2 Green Bay Packers? I don't think so.

For that matter, how do the 8-6 Minnesota Vikings end up with seven selections, three more than the winner of their division, Green Bay? It makes no sense.

The 3rd choice at QB on the AFC is Big Ben and not Derrick Anderson which I think is wrong.

And no Wes Welker, for me he's been the one making the hard yards for the Pats in their passing game. Not doubting Moss' contribution but you dont see him going across the middle very much. Welkers done the donkey work for that team and deserves a spot.

I think its more of a popularity contest than anything else.

In other news TO tells Jessica Simpson to back of from Tony Romo that shes partially to blame for his shit game Vs the Eagles last weekend, funny stuff.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80542306&template=without-video&confirm=true
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SeanSouth

Agree Juice, No Fred Taylor???? Rothlisberger is lucky to be in too, think Anderson is more deserving. I think the fact that 11 year old kids are allowed to vote does not help. Ogden is there on reputation alone.

Puckoon

Havnt gotten down to the bookies, anyone feeling good about any teams this weekend? Put the heap on the dolphins? :o

DrinkingHarp

The Claw

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 21, 2007, 12:45:25 AM
Steelers vs Rams tonite     www.nfl.com/live

Steelers 7 Rams 0
Even though Steelers have scored early, i think this could be a top quality game, Rams could give them a real run for their money. Jackson will make some good yards on the ground.

thejuice

Looked like a good ol game but i was shattered, and dozed off despite my best efforts to stay awake. Willy Parker will be a big loss if he misses the play-offs. As much as I like the Steelers I'd rather the Browns got through.

DrinkingHarp

Cowboys vs Panthers    8ET  www.nfl.com/live

Cowboys are 10 1/2 points over the Panthers

The over is 42.5

Take TO and the Cowboys  and also the over.